Starting with manual trading? make your question - page 5

can someone please add 2 on/off audio alerts for when the red/blue dots appear on the bars?

Unknow indicator

Camisa,

Can you please post the mq4 file of your unknow indicator? Can you please tell me from which forum did you get it from? Many thanks.

Regards

Good Manual Systems

Hi All,

I have been following the discussions and development on this website for a long time. Even talked to newdigital initially and asked similar question as below. I think after going through various sytems and experiences in Forex I have a different set of requirements now. I totally understand that this site is a for new forex system development (and also enhancing existing systems). I am looking for a manual system that can:

1. Generate atleast 100 pips daily

2. The setups have positive Risk to Reward Ratio

3. Can work on any currency (but do I give a damn if I can generate 100 pips from a single currency pair only? No I don't.)

4. Preferably a mechanical system (but not too mechanical, again does it give 100 pips, if yes, then I don't care).

5. Uses indicators (if it does) which do not repaint, if they repaint then there should be an explanation of how to deal with the repainting of the system.

6. Should be able to work in type of market (ranging, trending), or atleast if its not able to work in lets say ranging market then it should clearly let me know that "IDIOT don't trade right now, either goto sleep or look for another currency pair or timeframe".

7. Makes use of newses (or atleast should be resilient to it), but shouldn't ask you to stay square of market when the news is about to come.

8. And uses pre-determined stop losses and trailing stops as well.

I know my requirements are nothing new every trader wants this or even better, but I have literally become sick and tired of going through various systems on this and other sites and testing them out, (and because I am programmer by profession I think everything can be automated, but normally following the rules for various systems in an EA normally tells me very quickly if I should waste time on this system or not).

So, all I ask is that please let me know about any good manual system which fulfills the above requirements and makes sense, i.e. its rules should have a reason other than the following:

1. I said so,

2. thats how the market works (well it is acceptable to me to an extent),

3. Demo it and you will know

Also, I don't mind paying 200 pips in spread as long as I get my net 100 pips daily.

What can I offer you in exchange? probably prayers or programming help (and may be some knowledge that you probably don't care about). If you can tell me a commercial system thats OK as well, but I need to be able to try it out before I will pay for it.

feel free to send me PMs or reply to this post with your suggestions.

Regards,

Riz

p.s. "and yes I follow a special religious cult that believes that Moving Averages don't lie, its just that I am not spiritual enough to be able to communicate with all of their kinds"

syedrizwan:
Hi All,

I have been following the discussions and development on this website for a long time. Even talked to newdigital initially and asked similar question as below. I think after going through various sytems and experiences in Forex I have a different set of requirements now. I totally understand that this site is a for new forex system development (and also enhancing existing systems). I am looking for a manual system that can:

No system en earth can complain with ALL that rules. Specially first one. Sorry.

Linuxser:
No system en earth can complain with ALL that rules. Specially first one. Sorry.

A little motivation please So you are telling me that I won't be able to make even 20 pips in a day on 5 different currency pairs to call it 100 pips a day?

Regards,

Riz

Hedging

Having said that, can any one point me to a good hedging system or the rules of it? I have gone through some on this site and outside most didn't make sense to me.

These are two different questions now, so pleae don't ignore my last post thinking that I have lost track of my first question.

Regards,

Riz

syedrizwan:
A little motivation please So you are telling me that I won't be able to make even 20 pips in a day on 5 different currency pairs to call it 100 pips a day?

Regards,

Riz
syedrizwan:
Having said that, can any one point me to a good hedging system or the rules of it? I have gone through some on this site and outside most didn't make sense to me.

These are two different questions now, so pleae don't ignore my last post thinking that I have lost track of my first question.

Regards,

Riz

Well, My intention is not demotivate you, just to say the awful truth and help you to avoid the big disappoint that comes after a couple of months looking for 20 pips at day.

Trading is not like to work for 100 bucks, 8 hours per day. It's more related with freelance jobs. Today you have one, tomorrow you don't know.

Linuxser:
Well, My intention is not demotivate you, just to say the awful truth and help you to avoid the big disappoint that comes after a couple of months looking for 20 pips at day. Trading is not like to work for 100 bucks, 8 hours per day. It's more related with freelance jobs. Today you have one, tomorrow you don't know.

OK I get the idea (I got it at the time of your first reply), Sarcastically speaking I dont believe that there would be a working day in the market where it won't move by atleast 5 pips.

So is there a very "simple" system which I can follow to make pips consistently?

The whole idea of actually asking a question this time is to understand a system to the lowest level of details.

Wasting 1.5 years in this market has told me that I can drop moving averages on the chart and make them fit the curve. But this I time I really want to know the answer to "why?" for each and every setting. Even the crappiest of systems can work with optimization (as we know it) but its all number crunching without any logic behind it.

I think its about time that I need to start trading "logically".

Regards,

Riz

syedrizwan:
OK I get the idea (I got it at the time of your first reply), Sarcastically speaking I dont believe that there would be a working day in the market where it won't move by atleast 5 pips.

So is there a very "simple" system which I can follow to make pips consistently?

The whole idea of actually asking a question this time is to understand a system to the lowest level of details.

Wasting 1.5 years in this market has told me that I can drop moving averages on the chart and make them fit the curve. But this I time I really want to know the answer to "why?" for each and every setting. Even the crappiest of systems can work with optimization (as we know it) but its all number crunching without any logic behind it.

I think its about time that I need to start trading "logically".

Regards,

Riz

If you mean for consistency:

1 Trade -20 pip

1 Trade -10 pip

1 Trade +20 pip

1 Trade +20 pip

1 Trade -15 pip

1 Trade +25 pip

1 Trade -35 pip

1 Trade +45 pip

Average: +30 pips

Yes. Good proven systems can allow to do that.

However. If you mean for consistency:

1 Trade +10 pip

1 Trade +10 pip

1 Trade +10 pip

1 Trade +10 pip

1 Trade +10 pip

Average: +50 pips

Oh no. That does not exist.

I do understand this situation, I am not saying that I wont be up for losses I am more than willing to accept that.

So now a very very simple system to start with?

Also, given your explanation of consistency above (which I agree to) what is then the difference between a "simple" system and a "complex/advanced" system?

Regards,

Riz

Reason: