Blessing 2 - page 30

If only you could get one of the tests loaded correctly from the first day....on over 60% of them you post that "this or that" is an error and you must restart...even on your one live test, you screwed up and that was real money...

Also you rank according to banked balance and report per day stats, and you should be reporting equity because that is all that counts...

There are so many novice things and novice contributers on your site..I prefer tsd...

I will be back in a few years and I wish you the best. Also you need to lighten up and understand that traders are your friends and you need them. Real traders trade live accounts and do not just test. You need their input and commentary...and you need to lighten up on the moderation if you want to give them the respect that is needed to encourage contribution...you will lose these novice ways with experience...Now you can take this criticism in the correct light or you can get defensive...i could give a rats ass. I have been a moderator in EliteTrader and various other sites and I hate the job...but my point is that I post from experience as a trader a former CTA and a former moderator.

ES

P.S. By the way I still trade Universum and its sister Moneyrain privatley the way I did at your site...

P.P.S. somebody should point ND to your site as he could benefit from feeding ftp to the elite section to free up his time in case rent a signal does not work out...

PocoDiablo:
Thanks, feel free to tell your friends about it. I got tired of back test results (which really are worthless for the most part) and wanted to find out what EAs really perform. So far I've only put one on a live account, but if Blessing is profitable for 90 days it will get a live account as well. Of course, it'll be small to start with, but Alpari just started supporting the 5th decimal so we can do comparisons to larger balances. :cool: -James Fullerton

I trade one pair, the EUR/USD, with MM and 3K...I will reduce it to 1K when I get flat. Unfortunatly I am not flat and am minus in the float of about 2%...so I will probably leave the damn trades open over the Holiday, Friday and the weekend...but if it get plus anything I will escape and get flat..

I was able to get flat in PipLite the sister to this EA...

ES

P.S. I suspect Iron is real busy now...I gander a guess he is testing A LOT OF OTHER PAIR (like I am). Anything that Iron posts I pay attention to...now do not let this go to your head Iron...get back to work!

Togu:
I'm live trading. So far so good. I leave it up for 24 hours but I'm planning to shut it down on Friday because of the Monday's gap is scary. Anyone trading two pairs with 500$? 0.01lots?

Only EURUSD

All,

The numbers below were changes to the EURUSD only! Please be careful!

v/r

Jeff

ElectricSavant:
Ok Thanks guys...But I am turning MM on the H4 EUR/USD ok? I am using the 1.38 and the .9 in the settings.

I am LIVE hehe ☺

ES

Blessing Results

kwkee,

Blessing is price based with only one "very lonely" indicator! MA does have an input but only for direction. Logic does the rest. Timeframes from the set files were based on tons on backtesting through two different timeframes on 8 different pairs.

Only the 4 pairs in this thread worked. And only the timeframes for those pairs worked. By worked, I mean they survived the recent market turmoil. The set files have been adjusted through many, many backtests, forward tests from everyone and market guidance. Go herefor the best set files. The timeframes are the names of the set files.

Thanks for all the thanks, by the way. Please note that FiFtHeLeMeNt was on the right track with the logic when he created the Blessing series (1 and 2). Improvements were made to trade in the micro realm since Martingales survive best there. Again, I thank you all!

Happy Trading

v/r

kwkee:
Iron,

This is the first time I am writing to you to thank you for all your good work on this EA so far. it is a really great EA, provided people use it properly.

I just want to ask you something. You mention that the timeframe is important (E/U H4 and U/J is D1). Is that because it uses some indicators? Because I thought it mainly uses price action.

Happy Thanksgiving!

All,

To our brothers and sisters in the US...Happy Thanksgiving. I have a personal stake in Thanksgiving as my ancenstors traveled aboard the Mayflower to what was then a fledging colony. Yes, my blood ancestors were on that ship!

I haven't been on the forum in a while because I'm working several projects. I've heard some suggestions out there but I want to caution folks about what I consider human decisions.

To trade or not to trade is a human decision. Protection from ourselves when we make the decision to trade when we weren't suppose to is "stuff" we can put into EAs. ES had a great point when he states that decision should be left up to the human.

If you want to stop trading, there are so many ways to slice that "cat" with your MT4. Disabling the expert trading tabs at the top is the quickest way to stop trading. What happens to the open trades? Well, they aren't monitored any more by their respective EAs. If you are stopping trading then you are also making the decision to accept the P/L that you currently have. I've attached a script that, if you simply drag and drop onto any chart in your platform, will shut down all trades instantly. This is the human decision and the script is the automated way to close everything!

Happy Trading

v/r

Files:
close_all.mq4  2 kb

wrong response....grow up

You reap what you sow...

all the best

ES

PocoDiablo:
ES, it's too bad you can't respect me or my site, nor can you admit you made mistakes as well. I hold no ill-will against you - you broke the rules on my site - multiple times - and you got busted. Did you owe up to it? No. You instead turned tail and fled the site, now insult me and my work, and attempt to discredit my site. This is just an immature tactic to try to make yourself feel better and look like the better person.

I love when "moderators" tell me how they were so great on some big site, yet they willfully violate the rules on mine.

“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo” - Ambrose Bierce

:rolleyes:

Anyway, Blessing is currently carrying a drawdown of $523 on my demo account, and they are all buy positions on EURUSD. Let's hope they turn around soon.

lron:
All,

I'm glad to see folks are enjoying this EA. I'm personally taking it live on 2 pairs this week. On demos it has done nothing but make money. When it didn't, I changed it completely to concentrate on account protection vs. quicker and more aggressive trading.

I hope the advanced features are working for all. I see a lot of starting accounts floating around so I won't offer my opinion on that matter again. My ADVANCED FEATURES PAPER discusses it in long (and sometimes boring) detail.

Believe it or not, I have found what would potentially be an order closing error. It was reported to me by a member that on at least one occasion; Blessing only closed 4 out of 7 open trades. He wasn't too concerned but I was. When Blessing kicks in it's close logic, every trade needs to close for a profit!

The closing error is not caused by Blessing itself. It's caused by the broker not closing at the requested price. In other words, this member's broker "requoted" his close request. This fix is very simple. I worked all weekend fixing a similar error in Piplite. Piplite also received an even safer trading feature you should check out but this forum is not for discussing Piplite. Go hereto see the new feature...

If you have set files, please attached them to the forum so other may benefit from your backtesting. For those who don't have the latest and the greatest, click these:

Latest Blessing 2 EA and ADVANCED SETTINGS DOCUMENT

Latest Blessing 2 set files for AUDCAD, USDCAD and USDJPY

Latest Blessing 2 EURUSD set files

Latest Blessing 2 backtests are attached!

I encourage all who use Blessing to try Money Management. There is no risk to set! Unless you are using a higher base lot value (not recommended), money management tweaks your profit in ways that you can't through automation. Money Management features really work best and fast at higher account values ($5000 or greater per pair). It's conservative yet it takes advantage of your profits better than you can! I'll be posting a new version of Blessing with this fix within a week.

Happy Trading!

v/r

Iron,

What is the "Advanced Settings Document" and/or "Advanced Features Paper" you refer to in your post and where can I find it?

The link in your post does not link to such a document so far as I can see.

Iron,

What are the "Advanced Settings Document" and/or the "Advanced Features Paper" you refer to in your post and where can I find them?

The link in your post does not point to such a document as far as I can see.

lron:
All,

I'm glad to see folks are enjoying this EA. I'm personally taking it live on 2 pairs this week. On demos it has done nothing but make money. When it didn't, I changed it completely to concentrate on account protection vs. quicker and more aggressive trading.

I hope the advanced features are working for all. I see a lot of starting accounts floating around so I won't offer my opinion on that matter again. My ADVANCED FEATURES PAPER discusses it in long (and sometimes boring) detail.

Believe it or not, I have found what would potentially be an order closing error. It was reported to me by a member that on at least one occasion; Blessing only closed 4 out of 7 open trades. He wasn't too concerned but I was. When Blessing kicks in it's close logic, every trade needs to close for a profit!

The closing error is not caused by Blessing itself. It's caused by the broker not closing at the requested price. In other words, this member's broker "requoted" his close request. This fix is very simple. I worked all weekend fixing a similar error in Piplite. Piplite also received an even safer trading feature you should check out but this forum is not for discussing Piplite. Go hereto see the new feature...

If you have set files, please attached them to the forum so other may benefit from your backtesting. For those who don't have the latest and the greatest, click these:

Latest Blessing 2 EA and ADVANCED SETTINGS DOCUMENT

Latest Blessing 2 set files for AUDCAD, USDCAD and USDJPY

Latest Blessing 2 EURUSD set files

Latest Blessing 2 backtests are attached!

I encourage all who use Blessing to try Money Management. There is no risk to set! Unless you are using a higher base lot value (not recommended), money management tweaks your profit in ways that you can't through automation. Money Management features really work best and fast at higher account values ($5000 or greater per pair). It's conservative yet it takes advantage of your profits better than you can! I'll be posting a new version of Blessing with this fix within a week.

Happy Trading!

v/r
Reason: