Blessing 2 - page 14

JBear,

You have a bad indicator, apparently. Blessing doesn't use that indicator and your MT4 platform is trying to use it for some reason.

v/r

Jeff

Hi Iron

Why is Blessing trying to run it then because all other EAs seem to work fine

Jnr

Hi Jeff

My understanding of EX4 is that it is a compilation of MQ4. I have neither in my Indicators folder. I have also checked the Experts folder and all subfolders and there is nothing there either

Jnr

JBear,

Blessing does not use that indicator. Blessing uses one indicator, iMA only. You have a problem with your platform and quite likely, it looks like an installation issue.

You might want to go to your indicator folder and delete that indicator that comes up in your expert tab. Unless you need it for another EA, it is not running properly.

JBear,

Have attached the indi for you. There might be some corruption in MT4. I have had this. Deleted the tab and then re instated it.

Put the indi in the directory and compile. It might solve the problem.

good luck

GAC

Hi GAC

Thanks for that

Actually I did the same thing earlier and it seemed to have gotten rid of the waddath error but now I am getting the following error

2008.10.19 00:28:07 2008.09.29 23:58 Blessing 2 v3.3 update USDJPY,M15: s1

2008.10.19 00:28:07 2008.09.29 23:58 Blessing 2 v3.3 update USDJPY,M15: OrderSend error 131

I get this error whether I am using Micro true or false

FYI I tried with your link also and the same result

Thanks again

Jnr

Yeah i had the same problem with that Waddah_Attar_Explosion indicator, just downloaded it off mql4 codebase plopped it in the indi folder and havn't heard any hoo ha since.

As for those S1 send errors you're most likely using a lot size too small on the backtester than your broker supports so take it up to 0.1 or 1 instead of 0.01 if thats what your doing, just for the meantime.

Hi George

I have it set to default which is 0.2 and the Micro set to false.

I have tried both Mini and Lot sizes but they still wont open any trades

I have checked the Journal tab and now I am getting the following

2008.10.19 02:07:47 2008.09.24 18:22 Blessing 2 v3.3 update USDJPY,M15: s2

2008.10.19 02:07:47 2008.09.24 18:22 Blessing 2 v3.3 update USDJPY,M15: OrderSend error 131

Regards

Jnr

lron:
JBear,

Blessing does not use that indicator. Blessing uses one indicator, iMA only. You have a problem with your platform and quite likely, it looks like an installation issue.

You might want to go to your indicator folder and delete that indicator that comes up in your expert tab. Unless you need it for another EA, it is not running properly.

Hi Jeff

As I mentioned earlier I am not using this indicator and I cannot find it anywhere. I am currently running a complete search on my computer hiping to find it. Possibly a virus but I doubt it.

I seem to remember downloading this indicator months ago from this site and then deleting it for what ever reason.

I am using Vista and I know that Vista has hidden folders everywhere. If my search is unsuccessful then I will try Ghost to find it

Thanks for your help

Regards

Jnr

Backtesting and Update

All,

Again, I have found a small error code in the Money Management feature. It works properly, unless you turn of the MCbyMA function then it just uses manual lots. I fixed the code location so Money Management works if MCbyMA is either true or false. I have posted the fixed Blessing here.

It was also pointed out to me that my Backtesting only went back to Jan 1, 2008 and that I should backtest to Jan 1, 2007. Thanks to Tim for that suggestion. I have backtested 4 pairs and they are attached. When I attempt to backtest USDCAD, it simply will not backtest under any condition. It will blow up during the Nov-Dec 2007 timeframe so I am not recommending that pair. Additionally, the AUDCAD pair does not backtest with the new Money Management feature so that pair has Money Management turned off.

I have added the set files for all backtests although one could garner that information right from the pdf file. They are enclosed for your convenience. I, too, was getting the ordersend error code 131 when using FXDD as the backtesting platform. IBFX proved to be the better platform for backtesting as no sendorder functions occured. I used FXDD as a demo platform and these pairs forward test just fine.

Have fun!

v/r

Reason: