Blessing 2 - page 35

Set trading time frame

Hi , can we set this EA trading period example between GMT 20 to 4, otherwise it become too volatile with high opening negative trade?

kwkee:
The Blessing 2 system is great. The Multiplier idea is something that all martingale developers should have incorporate that in. Using the MA to decide the trend and then use that to determine buy or sell is simply genius.

I have to agree, kwkee. This is a great EA that has really matured.

The account protection and portion control features allow the user

to dial-in risk to just about any degree.

My thanks to FiFtHeLeMeNt, Iron, and Bamcoti for their great work

on this advisor.

Rob

Time Grid set

TimeGridSet = "Default grid set time in seconds";

extern int TimeGrid = 2400; // Time Grid in seconds , to avoid opening of lots of levels in fast market

HI Senior member, Can someone advise how to set the time grid 2400 with lowest risk and avoid open trade in fast market ???

lron:
All,

I've been tossing around an idea that will take a little effort but might pay off for us all. Seems everyone likes to run mutiple pairs with Blessing. I believe they should talk with one another and Take Profits or close at EPs if needed. In other words, different pairs, different techniques for those pairs but one account with one profit target. What do you think? Anyway, I'll throw that out there...

Happy Trading

v/r

Hi Iron,

I appreciate your great work. Blessing 2 is already a very good EA. It will be great if you can add X% equity gain closeout feature. I am waiting for your update!

Again, thank you for your great effort and generousity.

Files:
settings.doc  164 kb

blessing, MA

Hi everybody,

I sterted trading a demo-account with Blessing 10 days ago with 2 pairs (EU and UJ) and I've almost doubled my account, just with regular settings. I think the conditions is now in favour of the EA, as we have very strong trends. I would like to know how Blessing behaves on irregular lateral market. I think the conditions which this EA should suffer mostly are strong, clear and regular trend inversions. In this case the MA settings should be very important for the EA, in order to know the most appropriate time to change between buy and sell. Anyone experienced big drawdowns in this condition yet? Thank you so much Iron for this great EA and for the regular improuvement and updates.

hi rami1,

just want to know how fx-grid is used in blessing2? blessing 2 is a trending trading system but grid is more like buy/sell at the same time (hedge) so please explain further.

thank you

killled account

Hi, my account was killed overnight. Just 50% of it was left, so the extreme money management worked. I was using the setting suggested by Iron. I think this is a good EA, but a big problem is when a strong trend reverse suddenly and clearly. The critic point in this case is the MA, as with default settings it takes quite a long time to "know" when a trend has reversed and to change from buy-sell, and meanwhile it looses a lot of money. I started today running the 2 pairs eu and uj H4 with MA 10 and with less LAF. Maybe less gain but more prudent. Let's see. I ask Iron if the trend indicator could not be implemented, for example by using the intersection of 2 or more MA or exponential MA, or simply by reducing the actual MA values. Thank you

maurizio.p:
Hi, my account was killed overnight. Just 50% of it was left, so the extreme money management worked. I was using the setting suggested by Iron. I think this is a good EA, but a big problem is when a strong trend reverse suddenly and clearly. The critic point in this case is the MA, as with default settings it takes quite a long time to "know" when a trend has reversed and to change from buy-sell, and meanwhile it looses a lot of money. I started today running the 2 pairs eu and uj H4 with MA 10 and with less LAF. Maybe less gain but more prudent. Let's see. I ask Iron if the trend indicator could not be implemented, for example by using the intersection of 2 or more MA or exponential MA, or simply by reducing the actual MA values. Thank you

You are using too much risk if it gets killed. I am running two pairs, Euro/USD H4 and USD/JPY D1 and the DD so far is only about 10%. Multiplier at 1.4 only

Interbankfx mini with 0.01 lots and 1 pip = 1 cent.

4th week running now and it has gave me 15% by the third week.

Yes, the reversal causes some DD, but if you know forex, it's just a matter of time when it will rebound. The only question is, does your account has the longevity to wait for the rebound? Those high risk takers will not.

IMO, martingale systems is not to make you rich quick. I cringed whenever someone comes here and say that they had double their account in 2 weeks. It is just a matter of time this account will blow.

Martingale systems is just a proven way to make slow, consistent and steady profit by taking advantage of the characteristic of the forex market. And it does that really well.

Reason: