News Trader EA - page 49

Hi EnkiJr,

I agree with your suggestion to create sub-headings for each currency pair. And you said: "we in the thread, continue testing, and come up and post best settings ...". If you will do it so I will updated first post. But not before. Why? I said you already that I have 8,706 posts on this forum. Do you think I like posting? I am administrator here not because of posting. Who will post the best settings for every broker? Do you have this people? I'm testing with one broker and not collecting the people around me with "let's work tiogether" message. I rely on myself only. If I create sub-headings now so I must test with different brokers. But I will not.

It is something with understading between you and me.

You said: "let's create ... and we will do .. together ... will improve .... all together ...".

I understand it as the following: "ND, please create .. and you will do ... we will see and monitor ... and you will do it alone ... as usually ... and we will say you thanks ... for us ... you will do only ...".

I think you understand me now.

Sorry but it is my two year experience here.

If somebody want to do something so this somebody is doing without asking anybody. I may update first post as a results of something only.

-------------------------------------------

Brokers.

Some people mentioned on this thread that not every broker is good for news trading. FXDD broker was mentioned especially. One or two people refused to trade the news with FXDD. Because of data. People tried this broker already and it was posted on this thread. I do not have account with IBFX so I can not see the data.

Selecting good broker to trade the news is 70% of success.

Look at Alpari rus broker (real account image) and at Liteforex broker (real account image as well) and you will understand why I selected those two brokers to trade the news.

Please find updated statement.

There are brokers with spikes. IBFX for example.

Why Alpari rus broker is having less of spikes? This broker is having the forum with very active users/trades and when they are having a spike so they are creating the noise for all over the world and direction of this broker had to reply promised to give money back to the people and users/customers are monitoring this process on the forum.

So, it's up to the trades. Because there are competition between the brokers as well. For example Alpari rus broker and North Finance broker are very big competitors. Competition is always good.

Lite forex broker is having the thread on our forum opened by direction of this broker so we may ask them as well. But they did not have spikes in that time. Not yet.

So ... you know ... people are selecting the broker according to the country. But to trade the news it is necessary to select the broker according to the good data feed.

Some months ago we did not have our forex calendar and I was prepearing text file every week especially for News EA updated on the first post. And News EA traded this file. And we had 0, 1 or 2 trades with rating=3 (high impact) per week only. Usually 0 or 1 trade per week. It was the other file with NFP only and we traded NFP once a month. It was fine. But now I am doing public calendar for everybody with more high impact news events: EA is trading more often and lossing some money as well.

I think the people who followed this thread from the beginning are not trading all the news with rating=3.

Because 1 trade in a week is fine and we really do not need to trade all high impacted news.

As I know some people are trading nfp once once in a month. The other people are selecting some news to trade to have 2 or 3 trades per month only. It is not new idea because we did it from the beginning.

Brokers...

Hi ND... I believe the setup of EA needs to be adjusted for each broker's spikes... this is up to the each individual user... here, see again my screen shut...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175898/page32

all of the posts above have spikes... I do not have any... mind you, this is only a demo account... the broker is fastbrokersfx.com ... as soon as I will have enough data... will post how I am doing there...

PS: I guess, when you will have the "anticipated price direction" solution in place... we will not need the extra info as per https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175898/page22 ... otherwise, I think, it would be good seeing this in your EA...

PPS: I'm also getting deeper into the LevelTrading... Linuxser is a very good teacher...

aija-jai... shocks... ... I thought I will be smart... plaid with EA settings... got burned... need to trust your months of experience with it... am going back to your settings for next week... and then observe and analyze...

You guys, Igorad and you... are doing a terrific work... -tks

PS

Is it possible to use strategy tester on the News Trader EA...? so we could find the best settings for TimeGap, PendOrdGap, OrdersStep, Trailing Stop, etc [for each pair... each broker]...?...

EnkiJr:
aija-jai... shocks... ... I thought I will be smart... plaid with EA settings... got burned... need to trust your months of experience with it... am going back to your settings for next week... and then observe and analyze...

You guys, Igorad and you... are doing a terrific work... -tks

PS

Is it possible to use strategy tester on the News Trader EA...? so we could find the best settings for TimeGap, PendOrdGap, OrdersStep, Trailing Stop, etc [for each pair... each broker]...?...

It is possible to backtest for some old versions only using text file. Some old versions are the same with new one but using text file only. You may write calendar in txt file and backtest. I did not backtest this new version. I backtested old versions, for nfp especially i mean to trade with this EA one time in a month only so I backtested it for one year.

You may do the same with old version and text file.

As to the settings so check this thread because one or two people already posted different settings for every types of news with forward testing results. So it was posted. As I know many people are using different settings for different news events and sometimes they were posted the settings and sometimes not.

I am using my settings, some other members created their own settings and posted on this thread. You may use any settings, or create you own settings. There are a lot of different settings on this thread with explanation and so on. And there are many versions of this EA. There is version for example with different settings for different news events.

So it is better to read whole thread. I understand that this thread is big one but I was not the main person who were giving the ideas and settings on this thread: the other members supported more than me on this thread so it is the better to read whole thread or to speak with other members.

newdigital:
I am using my settings, some other members created their own settings and posted on this thread. You may use any settings, or create you own settings. There are a lot of different settings on this thread with explanation and so on. And there are many versions of this EA. There is version for example with different settings for different news events.

Thanks ND... yes, different settings for different news events...

this is exactly what came to my mind this morning... price action may be different and typical to each specific news event...

it's good to learn that there is such a version ... red the thread before but did not notice it... will need to do it again... -tks

According to my opinion (just a my opinion only) the most good version is NewsTrader EA trading text file with every settings for every news events written on the other text file. In this case we may select:

- which news to trade and write it in text file for the coming week;

- which settings to use for every news (we want to trade) for a coming week and write the settings in separated text file. Settings written in separated text file are using as setting 1, settings 2 and so on.

- attach EA to the chart. That's all.

We have this version.

Thus, my opinion is the following:

- The most recent version is trading our forex calendar https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

It is more public version (version 5.3). "Public" means "for everybody". I am testing this version.

- The most advanced and more good version is previous one which is trading text calendar file with text calendar settings. It is more good version for the people who understand the news and may select different settings for a week during the weekend for example. I did not test this version yet but many people tested and gave some good comments on the thread. It was posted on the first post.

I agree: most probable we need to test this previous version with every settings or every news.

If Igorad will create the version trading our forex calendar with different settings (adjusted once a week) so we will test it.

Please find updated statements.

Files:

Hi ND...

For some reason... the news trader is not picking up this weeks news events.. The EA has been loaded since 5/4/07 and i havent had any problems with it.

I noticed it when its didnt pick up the NZD news at 6:45est, None of the charts are showing previous/upcoming/next.. is the EA being worked on .. or is anyone else having this problem?

Files:
nzdusd.gif  10 kb
Reason: