Blessing 2 - page 13

Hi Rob

I have done that and when trialing I dont have any trades open.

I will delete them and start again and see how that goes

Thanks again

JBear

ChicagoRob:
Copy them into your presets folder. Then open your EA and "load" the

file. Easy as pie.

Rob

Hi Rob

I have done the above.

I then uninstalled the EA and the .sets then reinstalled them

I run back test and I still dont seem to be able to open any trades.

I have tried with the Micro set to both options and still no success

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks again

JBear

JBear:
Hi Rob

I have done the above.

I then uninstalled the EA and the .sets then reinstalled them

I run back test and I still dont seem to be able to open any trades.

I have tried with the Micro set to both options and still no success

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks again

JBear

Have you tried a forward demo test? Try it with defaults, then with

the set file.

Rob

Backtesting Blessing

All,

I attached three backtester reports from 5 minutes ago. I use the Blessing I adjusted (on a recent backpost) and I use the settings I ran several hundred times.

It's important to understand perspective on why I developed these set files. I do not want the totol number of trades out on any pair to be greater than .5 standard lots on a 5K account, 1 standard lot on a 10K account, 2 standard lots on a 20K account and so on. I do not test below 5K because, as I've stated before, you need at least 5K for this strategy to run.

Now, you can set the settings higher and it does backtest but you run the risk of margining out your account very fast. What you might want to note is that the profit factors are > 2, and very close to 3 which makes these settings good. Second, in two out of three pairs, the drawdowns are < 20%. The USDCAD is higher as you can see but within my tolerance (maybe not others).

I am running all three on an IBFX demo right now. All three made just $400 yesterday alone without risking a huge amount of Margin.

For those trying to backtest these settings; if you can't get it to backtest, it's your platform and not the set files. There are many threads on backtesting. Go there and make sure you've accomplished everything in order to backtest appropriately. If you go a few posts back, you'll find the updated Blessing that uses Money Management.

Finally, the only changes I made to these set files were an MA_Period adjustment, Money Management on, and lowering the Multiplier. I have tried adjusting the grid but it simple does not work. I have tried every other pair and these three are the ones that have made it through the market meltdowns recently.

If you are going to change anything, adjust the risk in the Money Management up or down by .1 increments. Also, adjust the multiplier by .05 up or down. Once you get these cooking how you like, try to adjust the MA_period up or down by increments of 5 (5-140 are what I tried). This EA backtests quick so you can optimize for your tastes quickly.

Have Fun!

v/r

Jeff

Files:

georgecotton:
Have you tried adding a zero to some of the variables like Gridset1, TP_set1 etc.

Thanks George. It seems to be working now

Hi Jeff

I have been back testing EA's for months now and I have not had this problem before.

I am guessing that when you say platform you are meaning Broker (Given that the Platform is MT4). My Broker is FXDD

There was an earlier version of Blessing that did work OK but I cant remember which one it was and anyhow it wasnt that successful.

I will look up the thread about back testing incase there is something there about .set files

Thanks again

JBear

lron:
All,

For those trying to backtest these settings; if you can't get it to backtest, it's your platform and not the set files. There are many threads on backtesting. Go there and make sure you've accomplished everything in order to backtest appropriately. If you go a few posts back, you'll find the updated Blessing that uses Money Management.

v/r

Jeff

Hi Rob

Thanks I will try that next week

Regards

Jnr

ChicagoRob:
Have you tried a forward demo test? Try it with defaults, then with

the set file.

Rob

Hi guys a variable I just found out about is the BElevel one, it defines the ammount of levels reached (basically trades open) before it just sets the tp to be a breakeven which can make all the difference if your a more conservative trader. Just something to work with

JBear:
Hi Rob

Thanks I will try that next week

Regards

Jnr

Look at the bottom tabs of your MT4 -- in the Experts and Journan tab. This very often gives me an idea as to where the fault is. Hope it helps

GAC

garethc:
Look at the bottom tabs of your MT4 -- in the Experts and Journan tab. This very often gives me an idea as to where the fault is. Hope it helps GAC

Hi GAC

This is a copy of what is in the Experts Tab over 100 times. It mentions all time frames 4 times

Regards

Jnr

2008.10.18 20:46:41 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators\Waddah_Attar_Explosion.ex4' on the GBPUSD,M15

Reason: