Piplite v1.0 - page 2

Invalid Lots

All,

Invalid lots tend to occur when the advanced features aren't set. You must make sure that your account balance is set exactly to what you have in your account or Piplite won't trade.

Second, you must play with the risk amount in order to get the lots correct. If you are trying to trade on a balance less than $2500, you will have issues with a martingale trader on a standard account. I suggest going to a micro account on accounts smaller than $2500. By the way, $2500 is about how much you need to trade with one pair on a standard account and $250 is min on a micro account.

Finally, my last suggestion is to try backtesting with the brokers you are using on the platform you are using. Most folks are getting Piplite to work with no problem on IBFX, FXDD, Tradeview and Alapri to name just a few. If you manage, somehow, to adjust the risk way too low, the lot size will automatically get set at .01 anyway.

v/r

thanks bro.

Thanks for shareing this EA with us

EURGBP Draw Down: Possible solution

I am looking at the Draw Down currently on the EURGBP. I have a possible solution that could help reduce the Draw Down.

Basically, we add RSI indicator on hard trends.

On the H1 chart, if you put the RSI indicator, if the line goes above 70, it stops placing new orders until it drops below 70. Or on the flip side, it if goes below 30, it stops placing new orders until it raises above the 30 line.

I have attached a pic that will better illustrate what I am trying to say. Using this, we would only see two order rather than 5 we now have on the screen.

So if RSI is between 70 and 30 that indicates ranging and we place orders like normal.

Files:

Piplite v1.0

All,

I didn't want to offend anyone so the latest EA version without the header information that I was using on my accounts is attached here. Actually, I just changed the header to include Pipmaker v1.1. Truly, it doesn't matter to me what everyone uses as long as you enjoy the changes!

v/r

Updated Piplite

All,

Thanks for testing Piplite v1.0. Folks have pointed out to me a basic math error in the Profit Target code when using a micro account. Safe to say that this error is fixed.

For those trying to use the same value of lot in a micro account as those of a standard account (.01 lots standard = 10c, .1 lots micro = 10c), the Profit Target was basically ten times as much in the micro account as standard! Doooh! Anyway, when identifying to Piplite that you have a micro account, it correctly sets a proper Profit Target using the money management feature now. Pipmaker v1.1 is here. Additionally, new set files are attached here.

v/r

Sorry to say that Piplite has CRASHED using SET files. Both EURGBP and GBPUSD both hit 50% DD loss.

The EA needs protection from trending which it does not have. That issue needs to be addressed before it can be used in a LIVE account.

My RSI suggestion would have prevented the Loss properly done. Please consider that for never version improvement.

Files:

i agree 2 days test , 2 time crash ..risk 1 and take profit 50

balance 5000.

New Version

All,

The markets are simply nuts these days. I saw some wild movements and you experienced what I experienced. When a pair trends wildly and doesn't retrace, Piplite will not take a profit. Pipmaker would have crashed your accounts. Piplite protected whatever you set in your accounts. 50% loss is a 50% loss however.

I worked most of the day on Piplite with regard to issues of slippage, stoploss, broker decimal and other areas. The slippage and stoploss have been fixed to work with both 4 and 5 decimal brokers correctly. This logic simply was not in existance if you were using Piplite on a 5 decimal broker which is why, during potential reqoutes, trades didn't close. The menu has been changed to reflect, well, a menu that has descriptions. Money Management is changed to add a maximum lot value based on a 16 open trade potential.

Additionally, the set files have been changed to reflect these changes. The trade logic remains unchanged and I'm looking at the previous RSI suggestion with regard to trending. It looks simple enough but after the last 2 days of trading, I hope this potential addition will make Piplite a more stable trader. More to follow. Get the new versions and set files here.

v/r

Another possible protection

Would it be possible to also add in TimeGrid so that there is a "delay" between orders in fast moving markets? This feature is also in Blessing and it helped that EA when the EUR went nuts this week.

By the way, I was trading Piplite and Blessing 2 on the EURGBP this week. Piplite crashed because it went short and since Blessing 2 was only trading "with" the trend on the big run up, it made money because it only went LONG. Not sure if it means anything, but it sure helped in this case. The MA indicator with Blessing EA seemed to have saved the day.

Reason: