Blessing 2 - page 32

Blessing 2

All,

I'm glad to see folks are enjoying this EA. I'm personally taking it live on 2 pairs this week. On demos it has done nothing but make money. When it didn't, I changed it completely to concentrate on account protection vs. quicker and more aggressive trading.

I hope the advanced features are working for all. I see a lot of starting accounts floating around so I won't offer my opinion on that matter again. My advanced features paper discusses it in long (and sometimes boring) detail.

Believe it or not, I have found what would potentially be an order closing error. It was reported to me by a member that on at least one occasion; Blessing only closed 4 out of 7 open trades. He wasn't too concerned but I was. When Blessing kicks in it's close logic, every trade needs to close for a profit!

The closing error is not caused by Blessing itself. It's caused by the broker not closing at the requested price. In other words, this member's broker "requoted" his close request. This fix is very simple. I worked all weekend fixing a similar error in Piplite. Piplite also received an even safer trading feature you should check out but this forum is not for discussing Piplite. Go hereto see the new feature...

If you have set files, please attached them to the forum so other may benefit from your backtesting. For those who don't have the latest and the greatest, click these:

Latest Blessing 2 EA and Advanced Settings Document

Latest Blessing 2 set files for AUDCAD, USDCAD and USDJPY

Latest Blessing 2 EURUSD set files

Latest Blessing 2 backtests are attached!

I encourage all who use Blessing to try Money Management. There is no risk to set! Unless you are using a higher base lot value (not recommended), money management tweaks your profit in ways that you can't through automation. Money Management features really work best and fast at higher account values ($5000 or greater per pair). It's conservative yet it takes advantage of your profits better than you can! I'll be posting a new version of Blessing with this fix within a week.

Happy Trading!

v/r

New Version

All,

I've attached a new version of Blessing 2. It's up to Version 4.4 now. Go here and get it.

There were reports, during backtesting, that Equity Protection was hit but there were trades left hanging that weren't closed. Turns out, that if EP was hit, the program took one more lap around the ole' trading logic wheel and put a new set of trades out there!

No one has seen this unless you were diligent backtesting and noticed the quirk during EP stops. This was a very easy fix. Now EP is the first thing to get looked at followed by Hard Account Protection then the logic.

I've been tossing around an idea that will take a little effort but might pay off for us all. Seems everyone likes to run mutiple pairs with Blessing. I believe they should talk with one another and Take Profits or close at EPs if needed. In other words, different pairs, different techniques for those pairs but one account with one profit target. What do you think? Anyway, I'll throw that out there...

Happy Trading

v/r

I think this is a brilliant idea...Set it up for a 1K IBFX mini account...

Include a no MM version also ...for smaller balances....or for pussies like me...☺

ES

lron:
I've been tossing around an idea that will take a little effort but might pay off for us all. Seems everyone likes to run mutiple pairs with Blessing. I believe they should talk with one another and Take Profits or close at EPs if needed. In other words, different pairs, different techniques for those pairs but one account with one profit target. What do you think? Anyway, I'll throw that out there...

Happy Trading

v/r

Math Mod function error..

HI many thanks to Iron and others on this thread for their great efforts in producing this EA -I have got 2 blessings 2 vs. 4.4 to work namely the JPY and CAD on the daily charts using the supplied presets but can not get the EUR/USD and AUD/CAD to work using the supplied preset data on 4 hour charts. I am getting 'zero divider for Math Mod function' in the expert message box -any help much appreciated! ( All experts are set to allow the same micro lot trading - 5 dec. places account -Alpari UK demo).

Peter, UK.

petersurrey:
HI many thanks to Iron and others on this thread for their great efforts in producing this EA -I have got 2 blessings 2 vs. 4.4 to work namely the JPY and CAD on the daily charts using the supplied presets but can not get the EUR/USD and AUD/CAD to work using the supplied preset data on 4 hour charts. I am getting 'zero divider for Math Mod function' in the expert message box -any help much appreciated! ( All experts are set to allow the same micro lot trading - 5 dec. places account -Alpari UK demo). Peter, UK.

Iron says this is a broker error, but I don't think so. I believe it is something else because it works fine on the D1 charts, just the H4 charts don't work for some reason. Maybe Iron will look into later because I don't believe this is a broker error or the D1 should not be working either, but they do.

Linuxser:
You already answered your question: average = profits/loses

lol. so is that it? I thought it was per trade average

Folks,

I have found this error on Alpari. The only explaination I can surmise is that Alpari doesn't allow initial lots below .1 but does allow increases in the .01 after that, i.e: .1, .11, .12 and so on.

FXCM is the same way. You need to find a broker that allow micro trading down to the .01 lot initially both on micro accounts and standard accounts. FXDD and IBFX are two that come to mind.

I will continue to run this down, but again, it works fine with the above mentioned brokers.

Happy Trading

v/r

holyguy7:
Iron says this is a broker error, but I don't think so. I believe it is something else because it works fine on the D1 charts, just the H4 charts don't work for some reason. Maybe Iron will look into later because I don't believe this is a broker error or the D1 should not be working either, but they do.

I can't backtest with good quality. downloading alpari 1m eurusd and I see alot of gaps during the backtest. E.g from January 1 runns trhough 28th and then jumps to March not 29th of January. So Alpari's data isn't reliable?

I have found this error on Alpari. The only explaination I can surmise is that Alpari doesn't allow initial lots below .1 but does allow increases in the .01 after that, i.e: .1, .11, .12 and so on. FXCM is the same way. You need to find a broker that allow micro trading down to the .01 lot initially both on micro accounts and standard accounts. FXDD and IBFX are two that come to mind.

Iron,

I think it is a problem with 5 decimal brokers. I am using Forex.com (also uses 5 decimals) and the EA works fine on the D1 charts but fails on the H4 pairs. On the D1 pairs, it trades initially just fine starting at .01 lots. So they do trade down to .01 lots, just the EA will not trade those two for some reason.

However, I don't think it is a broker issue as much as a timeframe issue. Not sure why works fine on D1 timeframes and not on H4 timeframes.

holyguy7:
Iron,

I think it is a problem with 5 decimal brokers. I am using Forex.com (also uses 5 decimals) and the EA works fine on the D1 charts but fails on the H4 pairs. On the D1 pairs, it trades initially just fine starting at .01 lots. So they do trade down to .01 lots, just the EA will not trade those two for some reason.

However, I don't think it is a broker issue as much as a timeframe issue. Not sure why works fine on D1 timeframes and not on H4 timeframes.

The odd thing is that the piplite 1.4 EA works fine on 1 hour charts as does the daily blessing 2 on daily charts so I think it may be a coding issue..

Reason: