Blessing 2 - page 196

i dont have any percentage aim right now. i lost lots of money from the last bullish movement of eurusd. it wiped out all the profit that i made since i started trading blessing live and i even had some additional loss. i closed the positions on my bigger account and lost 40% of it but thank god i did it because it went above 1.48 and i would have lost the whole account today. right now i am not running live, i made some conclusions and i am either switching to another currency or i will have to open accounts with a much higher balance. it seems that even 3-4k without EP is not enough for trading 0.01 starting lot. i really don't understand how some of the other people here didnt blow there accounts during the last 3 weeks if they are using the same set files and the standart version of the EA. here on this thread it seems that i am the only one or one of the few persons that had problems with that. strange.. anyways now i am recovering from all this and i need some time to start again , if i start at all. ;]

I am sorry to hear about that feline. You asked about other people here and I just wanted to fill in with what I have done. I have been using the bollinger version of blessing which seems like it delayed me entering, I got a retracement at level 9 beginning last week that allowed me to cash out. This week has been pretty nice, highest I hit was level 4 or 5 and cashed out the basket with a good percentage of profit. If your curious about my setup I'm running on eurusd 1hr starting lot .01 with multiplier of 3 on IBFX mini account, I can also post my set file though its the default that the bollinger version had. I'm trying to play very safe since my account is quite underfunded.

engreric:
If your curious about my setup I'm running on eurusd 1hr starting lot .01 with multiplier of 3 on IBFX mini account.

A multiplier of 3 on an underfunded account? I would like

to see a backtest of this setup for '08 and '09, since I have

not found one pair that can survive with a multiplier of more than 1.5( and, that's with a large balance).

Rob

i guess i did say 3, woops, more like 1.3. And I don't consider the 1.3 to be too safe until I increase my account. Sorry for the mixup

engreric:
i guess i did say 3, woops, more like 1.3. And I don't consider the 1.3 to be too safe until I increase my account. Sorry for the mixup

No problem - I had a feeling it was a typo.

Rob

Improved Excel Sheet

I added some more stuff to my previous multiplier tables.

Everything in yellow you can change. The two tables on the right are so you can compare two different settings for initial_lot/multiplier. My original question was if increasing the initial lot size and lowering the multiplier would yield higher profitability when the basket would close in the low levels while still allowing you to survive the higher level trades. I think the excel sheet demonstrates this to be partially true. The column with the dollar amount shows how much you are negative at the max in that level.

I've been lazy when it comes to backtesting as its not very good and I spent a lot time on it a few months ago. I also had issues getting quality data, I know the usual standard tricks, but If anyone had some quality data, especially from ibfx I would be very interested.

there are some problems with the sheet that I know about. For one thing you cannot crank the multiplier too low or else you will get the same lot size all the way down. I still need to fix this so it mimics the blessing mql4 code exactly. But I believe its 100% accurate for multipliers above approximately 1.13

I hope this helps as I am relatively new new here and this would be my first contribution however small it may be. Just to kind of introduce myself I am a college student working on my masters in computer engineering working a full time job, trying to get into forex and keep my sanity throughout everything. I'm a pretty good programmer and I use to bot video games like world of warcraft and sell accounts, after being banned many times from that game a friend that did the same thing quit and started forex automation, and here I am =)

Well, take care everyone

Eric

Files:

engreric:
I've been lazy when it comes to backtesting as its not very good and I spent a lot time on it a few months ago. I also had issues getting quality data, I know the usual standard tricks, but If anyone had some quality data, especially from ibfx I would be very interested.

Thank you for your contribution and welcome to forex,

better known as the Wild West.

I spent a lot of time trying to get my backtesting on point

and found that the following got me on track. First, you

must have a dedicated terminal for testing and it must

be clean, with no charts. It is not to be used for anything

but testing. All the default .hst files have to be deleted,

prior to downloading any data. My recommendation is

downloading data via a fresh Alpari terminal. So far, it has

worked well for me.

I will run some of your recommended multipliers and see

what happens.

Rob

Has anyone ever closed a level that was in profit and beyond the original entry ?

I was wondering if the EA would calculate all the TP levels for the remaining open positions and also open a limit for the next level (as if it were never active in the first place) ?

seank:
Has anyone ever closed a level that was in profit and beyond the original entry ? I was wondering if the EA would calculate all the TP levels for the remaining open positions and also open a limit for the next level (as if it were never active in the first place) ?

toupt.

VladimirSergeevich:
toupt.

I'm outlookeeng.

Reason: