Blessing 2 - page 198

so theres no significant change except the mm lot sizes and ep ? i mean you are using the grid from irons setfile right ? and do you have the acal on or off ? well i closed the trades cause i wouldnt survive this movement upwards. remember that it reaced around 1.485 . it would produce a drawdown as big as 3-4k which would have given me me at least a heart attack i had 3.4k in the account of which around 3000 are available to cover the float. so it would wipe the account with ease. if i had a balance as big as 5000-6000 and more, maybe i would have been brave enough to leave blessing do its job and thats why i am planning my re-openning with a bigger balance haha

feline207:
so theres no significant change except the mm lot sizes and ep ? i mean you are using the grid from irons setfile right ? and do you have the acal on or off ? well i closed the trades cause i wouldnt survive this movement upwards. remember that it reaced around 1.485 . it would produce a drawdown as big as 3-4k which would have given me me at least a heart attack i had 3.4k in the account of which around 3000 are available to cover the float. so it would wipe the account with ease. if i had a balance as big as 5000-6000 and more, maybe i would have been brave enough to leave blessing do its job and thats why i am planning my re-openning with a bigger balance haha

autocal is "on" on both my accounts. You could have deposited more, couldn't you?

yes togu, i actually did. the account was 2.5k before that big movement. i deposited some small amounts about 2-3 times and it reached 3.4k but the uptrend continued and it seemed completely unshakable, so i thought that it ma produce some extreme drawdown maybe 4-5k and i will just lose all of my money instead of saving for a restart. i saved 2k from it and given the fact that i deposited 800-900 .. i actually saved 1200 from the initial capital before the uptrend. ahh forget about it, i'm not that mad anymore. the only thing that i hope right now is that i will be fortunate enough to be able to start again with 4.8k without getting into trouble right in the beginning.. because it became a tendency with me.. everytime i open an account it goes into the highst drawdown for the last half an year. i'm like a magnit for those drawdowns and i hate it. now i plan to start on usdjpy d1, seems little bit more reliable even though i'm not convinced at 100%. but i do whatever i can with blessing. forward testing for a long time gives you a feel of all this but is completely pointless , because your are not making anything.. and we are here for the profit not because it is very cool to have an EA and when i make some $ probably will switch back to eurusd. i am still planning when exactly to enter the market. wont be tomorrow on friday thats for sure but cant wait much longer..i'm becoming addicted to blessing..watching those demo accounts fill in with $$, i just cannot stay aside of it ,i need to try it live again good luck and hope to hear from you and the others !

Question about pairs

I had a question about the pairs. All the recommended pairs that I've seen thus far for blessing include usd. For the sake of diversity, I would like to run on another pair without usd, that way I could stay non correlated if usd trends/crashes hard. Does anyone have any recommended pairs without usd?

feline207:
yes togu, i actually did. the account was 2.5k before that big movement. i deposited some small amounts about 2-3 times and it reached 3.4k but the uptrend continued and it seemed completely unshakable, so i thought that it ma produce some extreme drawdown maybe 4-5k and i will just lose all of my money instead of saving for a restart. i saved 2k from it and given the fact that i deposited 800-900 .. i actually saved 1200 from the initial capital before the uptrend. ahh forget about it, i'm not that mad anymore. the only thing that i hope right now is that i will be fortunate enough to be able to start again with 4.8k without getting into trouble right in the beginning.. because it became a tendency with me.. everytime i open an account it goes into the highst drawdown for the last half an year. i'm like a magnit for those drawdowns and i hate it. now i plan to start on usdjpy d1, seems little bit more reliable even though i'm not convinced at 100%. but i do whatever i can with blessing. forward testing for a long time gives you a feel of all this but is completely pointless , because your are not making anything.. and we are here for the profit not because it is very cool to have an EA and when i make some $ probably will switch back to eurusd. i am still planning when exactly to enter the market. wont be tomorrow on friday thats for sure but cant wait much longer..i'm becoming addicted to blessing..watching those demo accounts fill in with $$, i just cannot stay aside of it ,i need to try it live again good luck and hope to hear from you and the others !

I know you have a bad taste in mouth with eurusd; I had a very similar experience with the damn swissy (-$8500)... I still cannot trade it to this day, but if I could encourage you to take a 2nd look. It really is the best, and believe it or not, the safest, pair for Blessing in my opinion.

Either way, wish you many-many positive pips in your future.

well GU free fallen for more than 470 points

Hi all,

any results yesterday while GU went down for more than 470 points?

my whole equity has been wiped out totally.

thanks.

I am so sorry to hear about you guys having blown up your accounts or loosing lots of profit. I added more and crapped in my pants sine the 4th... and the patience pay off. I managed to get out of this with a profit by manually closing level 11 while in profit, it hit 11 again and now has retraced for a BE. So I have made a decent profit.

This experience for me like for many of us has forced be to back test a lot more. I have noticed that back testing on Alpari vs FXDD vs IBFX yield different results. Which begs the question, should our set files (i.e. what we share) be different for different brokers ??

Either either way I am still short EU but a bit bruised from the last 2 weeks.

Entries...

Seems to me that a few of us were on the wrong side of the MA when we entered... and the rest of this community on the "right side".

Has anyone looked into improving entrys ? Or sharing where most of are entering ?

seank:
Seems to me that a few of us were on the wrong side of the MA when we entered... and the rest of this community on the "right side". Has anyone looked into improving entrys ? Or sharing where most of are entering ?

As others have mentioned, sooner or later, everyone will be on the "wrong" side. The key to winning is leverage and trading the correct pair(s).

jhp2025:
Hi all,

any results yesterday while GU went down for more than 470 points?

my whole equity has been wiped out totally.

thanks.

wow ive never talked about gu setups here. share your experience. how do you trade that ? sorry to hear about your losses, did you manage to do something at the last moment ?

yes of course it is a matter of account balance. if you have enough money to maintain large accounts you can make incredible profit. we have a saying in our language, something like "money goes to money" . dont know if i can say this exact thing in english. about backtesting - i started doing it on the alpari platform, because it makes higher dd than my own brokers mt4 and i think its closer to the reality so i am prepared for the worse or at least i like to think so.i dont know about eurusd being the safest. it is the only pair that i have some experience with trading blessing. i'm not into usdjpy but just have to make at least demo forwardtests, because the backtests seem very very promising. so i have another few days to think whether to start eu again or switch to jpy. its just that at this point i cannot afford more than 4.8k initial balance, and it doesnt sound that much now after what happened recently. of course its more probable that that i will not be into such a big dd again for months, but you can never know for sure.. and maybe i will be taking too much risk again. please share your experience on usdjpy, those of you who have it. does it produces large dd very often ? how large etc. have a nice day

Reason: