Blessing 2 - page 189

I'v been in this with you guys but I'm getting a bit frustrated now, can't see this coming down soon, unless the stock market crashes but that's unlikely with all the big balls holding it up. So I think it might be time for me to bail out and lose last 2 months takings . It will really piss me off if it comes down when I'm out

feline207:
extreme dradown. i just cannot imagine what will happen if it passes 1.472 without comming back.. that was enough for me at least for now... this time we were really i mean really f*cked by eurusd

Files:

It is russian language which was overcoded by Unicode something.

It is forex news.

"EURUSD will be continuing to be traded within diapason of ...".

George - what settings did you use? How come many of us are still short and you managed to close out recently? Very confused!

ChicagoRob:
I saw the handwriting on the wall with this pair awhile ago. Too aggressive

for my style. I did a lot of back testing and discovered that eurgbp was able

to survive the entire year of '08 and '09, with a max draw down of 20%.

This is very good performance, since these two years have been murder for

Blessing on several pairs.

According to my back tests, I was able to get the lowest draw down on the

H1 chart, contrary to what I had thought. Tests were based on $9500/pair,

at .01 starting lots(10-cents/pip). I was surprised to see how many pairs

hit EP with the same balance.

Rob

can you tell us more about eurugbp. any set file ? i don't know about backtests. i used to like them. i ran a 3 years backtest with maximal dradown of 2.8k on eurusd which isn't bad. maybe the best long period backtest ive had. but now i have around $2000 of floating on EURUSD/ level 10 not far away from level 11. my last and only hope is for at least 200 pips bounce off the 1.470-1.475 zone. otherwise, if it passes dec08 high i'm out of the game. totally. and i am not sure if ill have the guts to trade eurusd again with blessing.. maybe if i save for a 10k 0.01lot account, which is impossible at this point. now i am understood i have been taking too much risk, but i didnt expect such a big move without any correction for taking the profits... and i am really confused. there are so much people here trading blessing. are there only 2 of uss which are close to the edge right now ? i think there should be many others selling at very high levels..but most of them probably wont post anything about it.

eurgbp setfile

feline207:
can you tell us more about eurugbp. any set file ?

I'm currently on vacation and do not have the data on my laptop. After I

return, I will post the test results and setfile.

Backtesting isn't the "be-all/end-all" determining factor, but I tend to use it as a

primary filter for my settings. If a particular pair/setfile can pass '08/'09 without

hitting EP, then I'm ready to to do some fine-tuning. I do not, and will not, trade

any combination that fails the backtest.

Rob

question about levels vs. starting lots

So I was playing around with the multiplier in excel and tabled out the levels. One thing I noticed and please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that if you wanted to increase the profitability it would make more sense to lower the multiplier and increase the starting lot.

Right now I am on a live account eurusd, $250 initial, starting lot 0.01, minilots, multiplier of 1.28

With these settings a level 17 bet would be 0.97 lots

If I increased my account initial and left the same settings I would be earning a lower percentage, ie same bets with more float.

So if I changed my starting lot to 0.02, I would be reducing 1 level of survivability float.

But if I changed my multiplier to 1.25 with a starting lot of 0.02 the level 17 bet would be 0.95 lots!

This allows me to increase increase my profitability on the low level trades, while still maintaining attainable lot sizes on the higher levels. I would appreciate if someone with more insight than me (I'm still a beginner) could point out why this could be a bad idea.

Actually one of my first goals in understanding the betting strategy is making an excel sheet that will allow you to enter your parameters and see whether you can survive high levels.

Thanks A lot!

Eric

Reason: