Blessing 2 - page 95

Blessing opening sells above 100 MA

Hi All,

See attached jpy 1d chart.

Any reason why blessing would open sells when price is above 100MA?

I have checked and it opens sells with version 5 and 5.1. I have attached a normal 100 MA to the chart. Is Blessing using a different MA?

Rgds

Eddie

Good work, Antomi

The single, best safety net is a big balance. If it can get you to

level 12, then it's possible to weather most, if not all, storms.

My next idea, which I am currently testing, is letting AutoCal do

all the calculations. I'm purposely using the most volatile, trending

pairs for the demo, just to see how well AutoCal copes. So far,

it's been doing very well, with very low DD.

Rob

Modified Blessing 2 v5.1 for FXOpen broker

If I have a modified Blessing 2 for FXOpen broker, how do I share this? I am not allowed to attach any files to this thread.

/Andreas

Blessing Live

Here's a screen shot showing the exact same setup

on my live account. Price is above the 100MA and all

orders are buy orders, as they should be.

Now, what's really strange is that I just tried the same

v4.6, along with three other versions on a demo account

and every one incorrectly placed sell orders, even though

price was above the 100MA. I am completely baffled.

Files:

Does anyone know what the Set1Count and Set2Count parameters are for? I've tried changing them and they do give different backtest results, so wondering what they're meant to be!

Thanks.

teknoesen:
Hi All,

See attached jpy 1d chart.

Any reason why blessing would open sells when price is above 100MA?

I have checked and it opens sells with version 5 and 5.1. I have attached a normal 100 MA to the chart. Is Blessing using a different MA?

Just downloaded v5.1 and have the exact same problem.

Price is above the 100MA and Blessing opened pending

sell orders. This also happens with v5.0. Screen shot

attached for reference:

Files:
blessing_5-1.jpg  483 kb

Blessing moving average problem solved

Well, stupid me. I didn't realize that I had a simple

MA on my chart, when it should be an EMA. When

I put an EMA on the usdjpy chart, price is, indeed,

below the MA. Therefore, Blessing is working properly.

My bad.

Rob

Thoughts

All,

I'm glad people are using this EA. In fact, it's the only EA that I use live. I've written a lot of EAs and traded them live but Blessing is the only one that consistantly makes money.

Yes, I had an EP stop on the USDCAD but that was my fault. I didn't run an updated set file. And, even though I lost money, it pointed out a flaw in the EP protection, which, in the end, helps all of us.

I am fairly knowledgable about the inner workings of Blessing and see that it's one of the safest automatic traders you can run in a trending market. The key word is SAFE. However, if you aren't employing the concept of semi-automatic trading, I submit that you are wrong. You need to monitor what your automatic traders are doing an intervene when necessary to prevent account blowout.

Employ all the safety features of Blessing. Use account portions and money management. Give your Blessing room to breathe. I have recommended that you trade a minimum of $2500 per pair ($250 on a penny a pip micro IBFX) but that's the minimum. If you want my complete recommendation, open an IBFX penny a pip micro account with a minimum of $2500. You can then portion Blessing for breathing room to trade semi-automatically.

How do you semi-automatically trade Blessing? You adjust the EP percentage to allow it to hit that next pending order. If you've watched, Blessing will get to the 9th or 10th level and that may be fairly close to the 50% EP. Change the EP to 60% and allow that pair to hit the next pending order. This will re-sync all the TPs closer to the current price so a very small reversal is required for the basket to close. This is risky! But losing half of your hard earned portion might not be easy to handle either. If I would have done this with the USDCAD last week, I wouldn't have had that EP stop since the USDCAD did reverse. But then I wouldn't have found that EP issue either!

So, that's my two cents. This thing works. There are no bugs. Go hereand get the set files that work. Trade smart and semi-auto. Watch your account grow surely and steadily but most of all, have fun!

Happy Trading

v/r

Hello Iron

Thank you so much for all your hard work with Blessing...so appreciated.

My question is this....how do I set Blessing to close all trades..open & pending...when the d/d gets to 3% of my balance. I've tried setting Float % to 3% & 97% but neither figure has closed the trades where I wanted them too. I find that if Blessing gets into that much d/d it's going in the wrong direction so better to close a small loss & reset it.

Thanks so much..to you or anyone else that can help me with this issue.

PG

Reason: