Blessing 2 - page 191

Slack:
Please forgive me, really don't intend to gloat, but the PA on EURUSD has been the best I've seen for Blessing in long time.

Results from 7/1/2009; stoch is off. I'm not making the kind of $$ George is, but I'm very happy, sleep perfectly well and have enough margin to play around with some very small manual trades for practice. Brown out, black outs, NFP.... you name it and Blessing keeps chugging along.

What MA are you guys using?

that's the thing, we ended up on the wrong side of the fence. My position is short.

sean

engreric:
Actually one of my first goals in understanding the betting strategy is making an excel sheet that will allow you to enter your parameters and see whether you can survive high levels.

Thanks A lot!

Eric

You just reminded me I never finished my project. Will finish it this weekend and post. Will need help double checking for errors because my eyes are seeing double staring at that table for too long.

Files:

Hi Vladimir

Vladimir, your 2 EAs do not work on 4 digit broker like Forex.com can you post a version which will work for this broker please. I tried on Alpari on gbpusd and it works ok.

Dont see any reason to do so because "my" EAs are just BLESSING 2 V5.2 with small modifications.

Blessing,as far as i know, contains auto decimal detection code,try to check settings "BrokerDecimal".

Otherwise, it may be a problem of additional Set&Modify procedures wich not my too.

If so, i cant help you, i'm not advanced programmer. I'm able just to modify a little.

Try settings, account,lot size,MM, . . . . e.g.

Georgedim

On the blessing stoch thread, you recently posted some excellent results. You went long and made money when everyone has been shorting euros. What settings where you using?

Thanks in advance.

as well won't work on 5 digit fxpro

pudseybear:
Hi Vladimir

Vladimir, your 2 EAs do not work on 4 digit broker like Forex.com can you post a version which will work for this broker please. I tried on Alpari on gbpusd and it works ok.

Dont see any reason to do so because "my" EAs are just BLESSING 2 V5.2 with small modifications.

Blessing,as far as i know, contains auto decimal detection code,try to check settings "BrokerDecimal".

Otherwise, it may be a problem of additional Set&Modify procedures wich not my too.

If so, i cant help you, i'm not advanced programmer. I'm able just to modify a little.

Try settings, account,lot size,MM, . . . . e.g.

Hi Vladimir, but why error 130? Pls help with the setting, thanks...

seank:
Rob,

What do you mean "you reset Be" ?

I have a 20K account..back testing through 2008 things look safe with a starting lot of .04. But for 2007...it blows up no matter what I tweak...

I have exceeded the Max DD from teh back testing in this trade..by a few hundred this week. This indicates to me (hopefully I am wrong) that the scenario is new, praying its not one from the 2007 period

I didn't want to hit level 15, so I set MaxTrades and BE to 14 and let it

ride.

I haven't backtested '07, so I can't comment. Have you tested with $10K

per pair, .01 starting lots, AutoCal=true, D1, H4, and H1?

Rob

seank:
that's the thing, we ended up on the wrong side of the fence. My position is short. sean

A lot of it boils down to start-time, MA period, etc. "The trend is your friend,"

as they say. Due to these variables, plus unknown price action, everyone

will be countertrend at some point in time. This is where you find out about

risk control and money management.

Rob

VladimirSergeevich:
Hi Vladimir, but why error 130? Pls help with the setting, thanks...

Error 130 -INVALID STOPS.

Here are set files and tester results with them, from 01.01.2009 till today.

Alpari-micro 5 digits.

DD so big because EAs were tested separately, on my accounts they are working on one chart. Result is pretty good.

Files:
tester_up.rar  79 kb
tester_down.rar  72 kb
up_1.set  3 kb
down_1.set  3 kb

Vladimir

You are using both EAs on one chart? I thought you had to open 2 charts for up and down.

jhp2025:
DD so big because EAs were tested separately, on my accounts they are working on one chart. Result is pretty good.

This sounds like you are on to something. Could you please share your excel. I've started a demo with the multiplier set at 1.28 and a higher than normal starting lot given account size. Lets see how it goes.

engreric:
So I was playing around with the multiplier in excel and tabled out the levels. One thing I noticed and please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that if you wanted to increase the profitability it would make more sense to lower the multiplier and increase the starting lot.

Right now I am on a live account eurusd, $250 initial, starting lot 0.01, minilots, multiplier of 1.28

With these settings a level 17 bet would be 0.97 lots

If I increased my account initial and left the same settings I would be earning a lower percentage, ie same bets with more float.

So if I changed my starting lot to 0.02, I would be reducing 1 level of survivability float.

But if I changed my multiplier to 1.25 with a starting lot of 0.02 the level 17 bet would be 0.95 lots!

This allows me to increase increase my profitability on the low level trades, while still maintaining attainable lot sizes on the higher levels. I would appreciate if someone with more insight than me (I'm still a beginner) could point out why this could be a bad idea.

Actually one of my first goals in understanding the betting strategy is making an excel sheet that will allow you to enter your parameters and see whether you can survive high levels.

Thanks A lot!

Eric
Reason: