MT4 History Center 1 Minutes Data Not Showing

Hi! Anyone could help and and tell me how to make the 1 Minute (M1) data show inside History Center? I follow a video tutorial online to delete all the default M1 data and click 'Download' to get all data so I could do a proper backtest. But after i delete everything on M1 and download the data, the M1 list is blank showing '0/4198486 records' on top. And when i click Download again, it will say 'There are no new data for the symbol 'AUDUSD'. Do you want to recalculate all timeframe?'. But it is still not showing even if i click 'Yes' or 'No'. This only happens to a few currencies. Thank you.

Cheers,

aboka:

Hi! Anyone could help and and tell me how to make the 1 Minute (M1) data show inside History Center? I follow a video tutorial online to delete all the default M1 data and click 'Download' to get all data so I could do a proper backtest. But after i delete everything on M1 and download the data, the M1 list is blank showing '0/4198486 records' on top. And when i click Download again, it will say 'There are no new data for the symbol 'AUDUSD'. Do you want to recalculate all timeframe?'. But it is still not showing even if i click 'Yes' or 'No'. This only happens to a few currencies. Thank you.

Some currencies may not be available, did you backup your  hst  files ?

Try this:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143430/page2#756987    BUT   make sure you backup anything that you delete just incase yiu want to get it back.

RaptorUK, sorry I just notice your msg(gotta check my notification settings here). I check out the link you post here, but i got some question regarding them:

• close any charts you have open for the instrument you are trying to import 
  • disconnect from your Broker - Log-off? How do I do this?
  • shut-down MT4 
  • find the history folder and delete the  hst  files for the instrument you are importing - All .hst file that starts with the currency symbol? eg XXXXXX30.hst. I just check the folder and there is no AUDUSDXXx.hst in there
  • start MT4 - do not connect to your Broker 
  • import the data - from where? i thought we have just delete them(if it exist in the folder). or you are saying 'Download'?
  • confirm that the hst file has been created by looking in the history folder
  • open an M1 chart for the instrument in question
  • close MT4
  • restart MT4
  • check that all the data appears to be present on the M1 chart 
  • run period converter - where do we find this feature?

Thank you, 

aboka:

RaptorUK, sorry I just notice your msg(gotta check my notification settings here). I check out the link you post here, but i got some question regarding them:

• close any charts you have open for the instrument you are trying to import 
  • 1.  disconnect from your Broker - Log-off? How do I do this?
  • shut-down MT4 
  • find the history folder and delete the  hst  files for the instrument you are importing - All .hst file that starts with the currency symbol? eg XXXXXX30.hst. I just check the folder and there is no AUDUSDXXx.hst in there
  • start MT4 - do not connect to your Broker 
  • 2.  import the data - from where? i thought we have just delete them(if it exist in the folder). or you are saying 'Download'?
  • confirm that the hst file has been created by looking in the history folder
  • open an M1 chart for the instrument in question
  • close MT4
  • restart MT4
  • check that all the data appears to be present on the M1 chart 
  • 3.  run period converter - where do we find this feature?

Notifications don't work and haven't worked for a long time . . . 

1. to disconnect from your Broker login with a incorrect login ID,  the login fails and you will be disconnected.

2.  there are various data sources, the History center, tick data,  M1 data,  use Google to search this site or externally.

3.  it's a standard MT4 script,  look in the MT4 Navigator under Scripts 

RaptorUK:

Notifications don't work and haven't worked for a long time . . . 

1. to disconnect from your Broker login with a incorrect login ID,  the login fails and you will be disconnected.

2.  there are various data sources, the History center, tick data,  M1 data,  use Google to search this site or externally.

3.  it's a standard MT4 script,  look in the MT4 Navigator under Scripts 

Hi! It is becoming more erratic now. It cant display Chart for H4, M30, M15 & M1 now for another pair. I have ready all the steps but would like to confirm with you about this point:

• find the history folder and delete the  hst  files for the instrument you are importing - All .hst file that starts with the currency symbol? eg XXXXXX30.hst. I just check the folder and there is no AUDUSDXXx.hst in there

So is it true that I delete all the hst file that has the currency pair in its name?

Thank you,

p/s - hope they will fix the notification here soon :) 

aboka:

Hi! It is becoming more erratic now. It cant display Chart for H4, M30, M15 & M1 now for another pair. I have ready all the steps but would like to confirm with you about this point:

• find the history folder and delete the  hst  files for the instrument you are importing - All .hst file that starts with the currency symbol? eg XXXXXX30.hst. I just check the folder and there is no AUDUSDXXx.hst in there

So is it true that I delete all the hst file that has the currency pair in its name?

Thank you,

p/s - hope they will fix the notification here soon :) 

If you have no AUDUSD hst file then you will not be able to see a AUDUSD chart and your terminal will then try to download the current data from your Broker.  Are you certain that your Broker offers this Symbol ?

The notifications haven't worked for years, I doubt they are going to fix it . . . 

RaptorUK:

If you have no AUDUSD hst file then you will not be able to see a AUDUSD chart and your terminal will then try to download the current data from your Broker.  Are you certain that your Broker offers this Symbol ?

The notifications haven't worked for years, I doubt they are going to fix it . . . 

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. I try to do it from start again over the weekend but what weird is now i have 'gap' in the data i download. For eg I get data from today to 2011. But there is data missing from 2013.6.10 to 2012.1.05. First i thought it is bcoz the broker is close on the weekend so i wait until the market opens and try again. But it is the same. So i contact the support and they say i could only get max 6 weeks of data for 1M!?

I told them that is impossible and not right. As we cant do any back testing with such little data. Then he say will escalate to their manager and he will contact me. But i doubt he will....

My question is now, do you know how we could solve this issues? And second, if i decide to try your method here, which site should i download the History from(as i am scare it might not be 'accurate').

p/s - my broker has the AUDUSD pair 

Thank you, 

aboka:

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. I try to do it from start again over the weekend but what weird is now i have 'gap' in the data i download. For eg I get data from today to 2011. But there is data missing from 2013.6.10 to 2012.1.05. First i thought it is bcoz the broker is close on the weekend so i wait until the market opens and try again. But it is the same. So i contact the support and they say i could only get max 6 weeks of data for 1M!?

I told them that is impossible and not right. As we cant do any back testing with such little data. Then he say will escalate to their manager and he will contact me. But i doubt he will....

My question is now, do you know how we could solve this issues? And second, if i decide to try your method here, which site should i download the History from(as i am scare it might not be 'accurate').

p/s - my broker has the AUDUSD pair 

Thank you, 

In general Brokers provide very little M1 data,  6 weeks is about right . . .   data sources have been discussed many time,  I won't repeat it here,  Advertising is not allowed . . .  search the forum or search using Google and "mql4"  . . .  you could get tick data and use CSV2FXT,  it will create all the timeframes you need from M1 to MN1.

Hi RaptorUK:

I have download the M1 history for EURUSD and have Import them into the History Center. But it did not re-calculate the other TF after I run the 'period_converter'. Inside the logs I see this 'period_converter EURUSD,M1:434989 record(s) written' but when i click on the other TF(eg.M5, M15....) it is blank.

You have any idea what is wrong and how to fix this? 

p/s - when i click on the other TF, it will prompt me whether i want to stop the script and i click 'Yes'

Thank you, 

aboka:

Hi RaptorUK:

I have download the M1 history for EURUSD and have Import them into the History Center. But it did not re-calculate the other TF after I run the 'period_converter'. 

You have to run period_converter for each timeframe and specify the timeframe you want,  5 for M5, 15 for M15, 30 for M30, 60 for H1, etc

Or get the script Period_Converter_ALL_Rev01 that does all in one pass.
Reason: