Blessing 2 - page 190

engreric:
So I was playing around with the multiplier in excel and tabled out the levels. One thing I noticed and please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that if you wanted to increase the profitability it would make more sense to lower the multiplier and increase the starting lot

Very interesting. One thing I've discovered in my testing is that Blessing is

VERY sensitive to the multiplier. I've had various pairs/setfiles pass with a

multiplier of 1.4, but fail miserably with a multiplier of 1.5.

Have you run your idea through the tester? This would get you in the ballpark

with regard to profit factor, winning percentage, draw-down, etc.

As soon as I'm back from vacation, I will check out your strategy and post

my conclusions on the forum.

Rob

Hi Vladimir, not sure whether you are still around.

I was wondering how you have done with your EA on the strong eurusd trend over last 2 weeks.

one support other.

When do YOU see next trend? Trying to imagin.

So, I use-I Drink! Dont like-go and sleep/

brgds

Hi pudseybear! Nice to hear you.

Trend really catched me in very unsutable moment, one of my EA(down) already had 2 sell positions 0.01&0.02. Second EA(up) was in waiting mode, waiting for row of three AO bar. It started to work later and done its work well partially compensating DD.

I fell in relatively big DD, around 1200$, 9 levels (account size was 3300$).

On first retrace i closed without any losses.

Now i'm OK, from monday till this day-270$ profit.

blessing is in big trouble. it seems that its strategy isnt working this time.. if we dont see a retrace on eurusd soon, i dont know what am i gonna do.. the drawdown is so big that this time i am seriously scared to look at the screen. this may turn out to be the very disgraceful ending of my trading with blessing at least on that currency pair. the big dissapointment for me wont be the money that i loose (although it wont be a good feeling). i seriously believed in this and now it turns out that in order to be safe you have to run 0.01lots on at least $10,000 (without EP ofcourse) account which is absurdity and youll need like 2 years at least to double that ammount. for those 2 years anything can happen, much worse than what it is for me now i dont know bout you but now i just hate eurusd. its gone absolutely crazy and doesnt look back even for a second. anyone else STILL SELLING ?

Well I am worried too. EU could retrace but could likely go to 1.49 before a hugh sell off. Most are expecting a sell off. I added more funds to my account and will watch it....probably keep EP at 60. Its scarey.

Does anyone know if this is okay to do :

BE level = 5

Current level is now 10

........ I change BE level to 12.

will this frig up things ?

seank:
Well I am worried too. EU could retrace but could likely go to 1.49 before a hugh sell off. Most are expecting a sell off. I added more funds to my account and will watch it....probably keep EP at 60. Its scarey.

Does anyone know if this is okay to do :

BE level = 5

Current level is now 10

........ I change BE level to 12.

will this frig up things ?

seank but you must be using a very very big account related to lot size then ? i have around minus 2-2.5k $ right now floating and going with 14$ on each pip from now on. if you also have also EP on the your account then i dont know haha

Hi Vladimir

You did well to get out without a loss. I got no balls and bailed out with a loss of around 10% of my 10 cent account. It took me 2 months to make that, but such is life. I feel for those people still selling, if the stock market retraces like everybody is expecting then I think euro will fall, otherwise it will continue to creep up.

Vladimir, your 2 EAs do not work on 4 digit broker like Forex.com can you post a version which will work for this broker please. I tried on Alpari on gbpusd and it works ok.

pudseybear:

Hi pudseybear! Nice to hear you.

Trend really catched me in very unsutable moment, one of my EA(down) already had 2 sell positions 0.01&0.02. Second EA(up) was in waiting mode, waiting for row of three AO bar. It started to work later and done its work well partially compensating DD.

I fell in relatively big DD, around 1200$, 9 levels (account size was 3300$).

On first retrace i closed without any losses.

Now i'm OK, from monday till this day-270$ profit.

feline207:
seank but you must be using a very very big account related to lot size then ? i have around minus 2-2.5k $ right now floating and going with 14$ on each pip from now on. if you also have also EP on the your account then i dont know haha

I feel your pain. I was in a similar situation when Blessing was selling and

the price was going up day after day, for several consecutive days. USDJPY

was on a tight grid, at the time, and it went all the way to level 14. The float

was pretty bad, and it got to the point where I only had $200 left, before

hittin EP. And, this was with EP at 60%.

I reset BE and was able to catch a big enough retrace to get out of the

trade. At the time, I didn't care if I made a dime - I just wanted out.

I think I netted $37 from the basket, but that was a lot better than taking

a big EP hit.

Rob

Rob,

What do you mean "you reset Be" ?

I have a 20K account..back testing through 2008 things look safe with a starting lot of .04. But for 2007...it blows up no matter what I tweak...

I have exceeded the Max DD from teh back testing in this trade..by a few hundred this week. This indicates to me (hopefully I am wrong) that the scenario is new, praying its not one from the 2007 period

Please forgive me, really don't intend to gloat, but the PA on EURUSD has been the best I've seen for Blessing in long time.

Results from 7/1/2009; stoch is off. I'm not making the kind of $$ George is, but I'm very happy, sleep perfectly well and have enough margin to play around with some very small manual trades for practice. Brown out, black outs, NFP.... you name it and Blessing keeps chugging along.

What MA are you guys using?

Files:
Reason: