Blessing 2 - page 202

thank you slack. its amazing. the results from the excelsheet are very promising. very bad that they cannot calculate with the autocal feature. i start thinkin that autocal is most responsible for my big dd. when it messes the things up a large dd can occur. but i have always made better results with autocal on on the tester, so i am just afraid to trade without the autocal :/

pudseybear:
Thanks Vladimir

I thought it was some special trick in your EA to knock off TPs after level 6.

Anyway it made a lot of profit, pity it was a demo account, but there again if it had gone in wrong direction, I might have been in the brown stuff.

I don't understand why your version does this, all other versions seem to be ok even on Alpari

My be it's because i use custom 'Set/Modify/DeleteOrder' procedures to improve reliability of REAL trading (except 0 TP case! ...work in progress...).

And also you may see description of error occured. Original Blessing uses standard MT-4 functions to set/modify orders and no any control procedures to check-IS ORDER SET SUCCESSFULLY / IS ORDER MODIFIED SUCCESSFULLY / IS ORDER DELETED SUCCESSFULLY. So if 'trade contest is busy' or any other error occured, i think Blessing will miss at least one grid step or will not Modify/DeleteOrder and all system probably to be damaged.

Demo is Demo, like a honey for bee. In real trade broker do many things to make your life harder. You will never be 'in the brown stuff' being reasonable/smart/responsible & careful.

It's my personal opinion,may be i'm not right, but...i thing so and as far as my results satisfy me i will continue(next week).

Real performance picture.

Files:

If you can sort this TP thing it would be really good.

I still can't get it to work properly on Forex.com, maybe its due to your procedures as described above.

Thanks for explanation.

VladimirSergeevich:

It's my personal opinion,may be i'm not right, but...i thing so and as far as my results satisfy me i will continue(next week).

Real performance picture.

Hey Slack, I like your excel. But I think your multiplier calculation is a little off. If the multiplier is 1.3 with starting lot at 0.01 the levels in your excel file go:

lvl1 - 0.01

lvl2 - 0.01 <- This is caused by the mql4 condition mentioned below

lvl3 - 0.02

lvl4 - 0.02 <- This is caused by not rounding which the normalize double does

when I think they should be

I think you need a condition and rounding, because blessing behaves differently.

Look at the mql4 code in blessing.

if (ll <= 0.01) lot2=NormalizeDouble(ll*2+LotInc,2); else lot2=NormalizeDouble(ll*Multiplier+LotInc,2);

Check out my excel sheet I posted on page 197. I'm not saying mine is perfect =) but I think the multiplier is more accurate.

My multiplier calculation fails when it is set to 1.24 or below. I haven't had the time to fix it

georgedim:
Good work Slack thanks. George

You're very welcome, George. Thanks for the kind word.

thank you slack. its amazing. the results from the excelsheet are very promising. very bad that they cannot calculate with the autocal feature. i start thinkin that autocal is most responsible for my big dd. when it messes the things up a large dd can occur. but i have always made better results with autocal on on the tester, so i am just afraid to trade without the autocal :/[/QUOTE

No problem, Feline, you are welcome.

I got an idea to estimate the autocal, but I need to flesh it out and test a little.

engreric:
Hey Slack, I like your excel. But I think your multiplier calculation is a little off. If the multiplier is 1.3 with starting lot at 0.01 the levels in your excel file go:

lvl1 - 0.01

lvl2 - 0.01 <- This is caused by the mql4 condition mentioned below

lvl3 - 0.02

lvl4 - 0.02 <- This is caused by not rounding which the normalize double does

when I think they should be

I think you need a condition and rounding, because blessing behaves differently.

Look at the mql4 code in blessing.

if (ll <= 0.01) lot2=NormalizeDouble(ll*2+LotInc,2); else lot2=NormalizeDouble(ll*Multiplier+LotInc,2);

Check out my excel sheet I posted on page 197. I'm not saying mine is perfect =) but I think the multiplier is more accurate.

My multiplier calculation fails when it is set to 1.24 or below. I haven't had the time to fix it

Right-on, Engreric, thanks for looking and commenting. I was hoping you would check it out and find the errors. You are absolutely correct about the rounding feature; I totally forgot about that. Rev 2 coming up.

BTW, I like your spreadsheet, too, but mine is prettier

Slack:
You're very welcome, George. Thanks for the kind word.

Hello Slack,

Can you PM me please. I want to send something for your approval.

Best

George

pudseybear:
Slack, this looks good but can't open file

Hey Pudseybear - Did you get this figured out. Were you unble to open the Zip file or Excel sheet? FYI, Excel is Office 2007 format, but I can save as an earlier Excel version if need be. Please let me know.

Slack:
Right-on, Engreric, thanks for looking and commenting. I was hoping you would check it out and find the errors. You are absolutely correct about the rounding feature; I totally forgot about that. Rev 2 coming up. BTW, I like your spreadsheet, too, but mine is prettier

Slack, I agree that yours is prettier. But mine allows you to compare two different settings, supports more levels, and thus far calculates more correctly. Yours drastically underestimates the risk =)

so Haaaa

BTW: I think this forum needs more friendly competition for Blessing 2 to benefit. I'm tired of reading posts from people that don't care to read the previous 200 pages, followed by lame questions.

Happy Pipn and Good Luck

Reason: