Elite indicators :) - page 160

MLaden

Thats for the responce, "whatever" fixed the visualat the end of the backtest, see attached, but the Indicator seems to be dancing to a different timeframe. My guess would be the regular 5min and not the Renko 5min, like you said leaving the NULL, 0, usually makes the indicator revert to the 5 min renko. Is there any way to get this indicator to use the Renko 5 min also is there any way to get the levels to show with ShowD = True ?? The backtest is still running according to the parameters, see attached, thats good.

Appreciate your help, I love this indicator, it mirrors DMI/ADX to some extent but much better.

Ray

umeshkathuria

Try this one out

Changed some things (added interpolate and some different mtf handling in order to avoid the some usual traps of mtf - as I remember we had some issue with version 1.0 which cause to make 1.1, but can not remember now what exactly was the issue)
regards

mladen

umeshkathuria:
Hi,

Attached is the RSI_EMA_MTF indicator. I request you to kindly add alerts and arrows at the crossover of RSI and EMA on the main chart window.

Thanks,

Umesh
Files:

traderduke

If I am right, renko charts are usually made as offline charts and usually are having a "custom" time frame when saved. Meaning : if it is saved as 2 minute chart (the ones I saw are usually doing that or you can specify the "time frame" (time frame being simply an addition to the name which is then used to save the file) then you should use 2 in the time frame (the regular time frame parameter in call to the iCustom(NULL,timeFrame,...) - So iCustom(NULL,2,...))

If, on other hand, it is just drawn on the chart then you can not apply the indicator to it, since it is going to use the real time frame and real data it is attached to (so, in your case, it is using 5 minute data and not the data displayed on the chart, since those are objects. Also, as far as I know, renko can not be bound to time (so there is no such thing as a 5 minute renko - it is range (or better told, a change in price) bound and no one can tell when it will be reached)

regards

mladen

traderduke:
Thats for the responce, "whatever" fixed the visualat the end of the backtest, see attached, but the Indicator seems to be dancing to a different timeframe. My guess would be the regular 5min and not the Renko 5min, like you said leaving the NULL, 0, usually makes the indicator revert to the 5 min renko. Is there any way to get this indicator to use the Renko 5 min also is there any way to get the levels to show with ShowD = True ?? The backtest is still running according to the parameters, see attached, thats good.

Appreciate your help, I love this indicator, it mirrors DMI/ADX to some extent but much better.

Ray

Ray

I am reading the manual for renko script that I found on the net. It is saying : "TimeFrame should be set to 2 by default." So you should use iCustom(NULL,2,...)or whatever number you are entering in that parameter of renko script (do not enter it in the TimeFrame parameter of vortex since it will be ignored)

regards

mladen

Vortex

mladen,

Your correct, I am running a 1min chart with Renkscript using 7 pips & 5min chart, then retrieve 5min offline chart need to use 5min for testing or live because my broker only has 1m,5m,15m etc,

If I do NULL,0, in the EA the vortex indicator doesn't works and at the end of the backtest I get what I showed you.

If I do NULL,5, in the EA the vortex indicator doesn't have any influence on the EA but is visable at the end of the test but it's on a regulare 5 min chart.

If I doNULL,0,"whatever" in the EA the vortex indicator doesn't have any influence on the EA but is visable at the end of the test but it's on a regulare 5 min chart.

The interesting part is if I set up the 5min offline chart & load the vortex it works correctly which is what lead me to use it.

I haven't traded it live so I guess there is only one way to find out WHAT IS REAL. Thats the only reliable test anyway.

If you come up with any suggestions let me know. Tomorrow I'll let you know how it does. The funny thing is the EA Program and its settings are a fluke. I was just trying to get the EA working with the vortex. BLIND LUCK!

Ray

Thanks mladen

Thanks a lot mladen for the Indicator, its working perfectly now.

I have one more issue with email sender in Metatrader.

I have enabled email in options and using smtp server of gmail (smtp.gmail.com) but system is not sending mails.

I checked the log file and found this:

10:03:37 Mail: error connecting to smtp.gmail.com

10:05:24 Mail: error connecting to smtp.gmail.com

I hope you have some solution for this.

Thanks

Umesh

mladen:
umeshkathuria

Try this one out

Changed some things (added interpolate and some different mtf handling in order to avoid the some usual traps of mtf - as I remember we had some issue with version 1.0 which cause to make 1.1, but can not remember now what exactly was the issue)
regards mladen

Hi umeshkathuria!

I think you have you use the smtp from your internet provider not gmail.

I have canal digital as my internet prvider, so my smtp in MT4 is smtp.online.no. Thats working perfect.

Regards

Halvard

Rsi ema mtf 1.2

mladen:
umeshkathuria

Try this one out

regards mladen

mladen

I have attached this indicator to H1 chart with H4 settings. The only problem I am facing with this is that it gives instant signals as soon as the RSI crosses EMA and later removes the arrows if the price moves in other direction. To rectify that can you modify this indicator to give alerts on the close of Current Time frame candle..H1 in this case or at close of time frame chosen in settings whichever you think is more suitable.

Thanks

Umesh

Umesh

Set the alertsOnCurrentparameter to false and it will work on a closed bar (a closed bar of a chosen time frame, so if you are using 1 hour RSI EMA on 15 minute chart it will still check 1 hour bars not the 15 minute bars)

regards

mladen

umeshkathuria:
mladen

I have attached this indicator to H1 chart with H4 settings. The only problem I am facing with this is that it gives instant signals as soon as the RSI crosses EMA and later removes the arrows if the price moves in other direction. To rectify that can you modify this indicator to give alerts on the close of Current Time frame candle..H1 in this case or at close of time frame chosen in settings whichever you think is more suitable.

Thanks

Umesh
Reason: