My EA works in multiple time frames but data in backtest isn’t working

So I have an ea that I can run in any timeframe and it doesnt matter because it gathers data from multi time frames to generate the trades. It works fine when running it live on my mt4 but when i download data and run strategy tester the ea (which shows me the values in the tf’s) doesn’t work with certain tf’s for example if I am it in tester on the 5 min then the 15 min or 30 min data doesn’t track. Does anyone know a fix for this ?

Read the manual, not possible with mt4

amando #:
Sorry which manual ?

The issue is not that it is not trading. The issue is that when I run a backtest on X timeframe, the only indicator values that change are the ones for that timeframe. The indicator values that I am able to see on my screen do not change for the other timeframes... for example if i am running my ea on the 5 min tf and i put in my indicators to work for the 5 minute tf then it all works and the values show up for my indicators (lets just say rsi and adx) but now if i am still trading on the 5 min tf and i put in my indicators to work for the 15 min tf then it doesn't work the values for my indicators rsi, adx are not showing up or changing at all as the tester goes on (visual mode, tick by tick)...

same thing happens if i try to set the indicators for any tf except for the tf that i am testing on. so the ea is not getting the data from other timeframe indicators to trade off of except for the one tf i am trading on.

this is a big issue for me as i need all the data to show up for all tf's for all indicators. i have been with tickstory a very long time and i would appreciate help on this matter...

if i run my ea with current broker data i don't face this issue, all the indicator values show up just fine for all tf's no matter what i am running on my ea on. i have been through two days of testing and trying to figure this out with my dev and its not an EA issue at all as the ea works just fine in live mode and in tester mode with non tickstory data. but the problem is when i get tickstory data then this all happens..

and i need tickstory data as it is reliable.

please help

GEORGE E SOLOMOS #:

just a suggestion: have you proven that you configured ts to download all of the tfs that your indicators require to work?, also: have you considered the starting date of your backtest? for several reasons, when i do any backtest in mt4, I use the start date that is at least a couple months after the first date that i downloaded ticks for.

amando #:

if there was a thumbs up/down system on the website, i would give you a thumbs down. where's your explanation? where in the online manual? or give a summary of why it is not possible.

GEORGE E SOLOMOS Does anyone know a fix for this ?

Download history for all timeframes used, covering your test period.

If you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from your broker.

Otherwise, you will have to download history from elsewhere. MT4 history: How to Start with Metatrader 5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 94 #932 (2017)

Reason: