Elite indicators :) - page 165

hughesfleming
hughesfleming  

Multi TF BB Alert

Hi,

I have come across an indicator which very clearly shows Bollinger band levels on multiple time frames without drawing lots of lines everywhere. The problem is that I have to change timeframe or reset the indicator for it update properly. Could someone take a look and see if this could be modified to upate tick by tick?

Many thanks,

Alex

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Alex

Here you go It is a bit faster now too (especially when you change time frame) Changed the middle line too - in the old one it was showing all the same period, now it shows the period chosen in parameters)

regards

mladen

hughesfleming:
Hi,

I have come across an indicator which very clearly shows Bollinger band levels on multiple time frames without drawing lots of lines everywhere. The problem is that I have to change timeframe or reset the indicator for it update properly. Could someone take a look and see if this could be modified to upate tick by tick?

Many thanks,

Alex
hughesfleming
hughesfleming  

Thank you very much!

Alex

newtrader100
newtrader100  

Would a mtf alert be worthwile for the included indicator?

Specifically alert when indicator is heading up on two or more timeframes. (Breakout)

newtrader100
newtrader100  
newtrader100:
Would a mtf alert be worthwile for the included indicator? Specifically alert when indicator is heading up on two or more timeframes. (Breakout)

This one has threshold alert.

casaliss
casaliss  

Bollinger Bands

Hi Mladen

Bollinger Bands

add

derfel
derfel  

Momentum

Hello mladen,

would it be possible to make a MTF-version of the attached "Momentum_Burst" ?

It looks interesting on very short TF.

Thanks in advance

derfel

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

derfel

Here you go

But this is not going to be a short post __________________________

The indicator you posted is obviously from early days of metatrader coding. In those times there have been a lot of confusion with how to calculate T3. This time I am not referring to calculating all the bars on every tick, but to the formula itself. It took us a long time to sort out what is the original (Tim Tilson) way and what is not (at that time we discovered that it was a change made my Fulks and Matulich in order to lessen the lag of T3), This one uses neither way. The way it is written it is obvious that it is a coding error (made by people converting the code to metatrader in those far, far away times ), but, for the sake of comparison with the indicator you posted I added one more way of calculating. So, now, there are 3 ways of calculating T3 in this indicator :
T3_ calculation:
0 -> original Tim Tilson way

1-> Fulks / Matulich way

anything else -> the "I do not know what" way (I repeat that, in my opinion, it is a coding error and not a new way of calculation invented on purpose, and that is why I do not recommend the usage of this mode) Roughly (but very roughly), if you use 10 in this mode for T3 period, then use 5 in Fulks / Matulich way to get comparable (not the same) results

The rest of the parameters are the standard ones (just changed the name of the "b" to "T3_hot" since it is how Tilson named it)
I left the default calculation to the one I described as undefined (in order to keep it the same as original posted) but be advised that that calculation is not T3

Now, after this lengthy explanation, derfel I hope you do not mind the whole story. I just felt that it needed to be told in order to avoid one more error in coding which could cause someone wondering "what the ... is going on" as i was doing when I first compared Tilson way with Fulks / Matulich way. Maybe someone will save some time with this post

regards

mladen

derfel:
Hello mladen,

would it be possible to make a MTF-version of the attached "Momentum_Burst" ?

It looks interesting on very short TF.

Thanks in advance

derfel
derfel
derfel  

Momentum Burst

Thank you mladen,

thanks for your fast and profound work.

derfel

derfel
derfel  

Momentum_Burst

Dear mladen,

may I ask for a little modification (if it is possible) - I like to put 2 Indicators (for different TF) in the same (sub-) window. But the indicators do not fit on the same Zero-line. I know that is ok, they do what they have to do - because of theit different TFs. But is it possible to arrange that somehow inside the Indicator to make them fit ?

Sorry if that is a silly question.

Thank you

derfel