Mtf ULTRA_TREND

Hi Mladen

Bad English

ULTRA_TREND İndicator

Multi Time Frame

???

Files:
ultra_trend.mq4  26 kb

I have this one one my PC (a bit different from the one you posted : some entries for same parameters are not the same : see the comparison and the points where they differ - upper is the one I have been experimenting with lower is the one you posted)
It is a multi time frame though. Try it out.

regards

mladen

casaliss:
Hi Mladen

Bad English

ULTRA_TREND İndicator

Multi Time Frame

???

ultra_trend

mladen:
I have this one one my PC (a bit different from the one you posted : some entries for same parameters are not the same : see the comparison and the points where they differ - upper is the one I have been experimenting with lower is the one you posted)
It is a multi time frame though. Try it out.

regards

mladen

thanks mladen

Fudo,

Since you explained me more (and since the rest of members do not know exactly what the problem is), first the problem : weekly pivots and time shift (one of the problems). Actually the problem is interesting, and it comes from a way how metatrader treats weeks.

Metatrader keeps the week from Sunday 00:00 (Saturday midnight) so a time shift of anything less than 24 actually keeps the period still in the given week, and thus you do not get what would be logical Monday or Friday shift. Here is an indicator that can do that adjustment (on the charts are weekly pivot with 5 hour shift and -5 hour shift) and which does (I hope) what you were looking for

It can show any time frame pivots but for time frames less than daily it ignores hours shift (I think it is a logical restriction) I think only one parameter needs additional explanation : PivotIdentifier- if you want to place more than one pivot on the chart, enter some unique identifier in this field in order to be able to distinguish which label belongs to which indicator. That is all

regards

mladen

Fudomyo:
hi mladen,

I know you're busy, but I was wondering if you had a chance to look at the TZPivots?

Thanks

Fudo
Files:
pivot.gif  27 kb
pivot_-.gif  29 kb

Thank you mladen,

That makes perfect sense! It looks very promising.

I tested the indicator on 3 platforms, MBT, IBFX, and Broco and am having a bit of trouble getting it working on any of them. I checked the code and I'm not sure if this would be an issue but the spelling of length is written "lenght". in the code.

Could this be affecting the results?.

Here's a screenshot with how the Daily levels appear on my chart (in the white box).

I'm sorry this is not so simple.

Best,

Fudo

mladen:
Fudo,

Since you explained me more (and since the rest of members do not know exactly what the problem is), first the problem : weekly pivots and time shift (one of the problems). Actually the problem is interesting, and it comes from a way how metatrader treats weeks.

Metatrader keeps the week from Sunday 00:00 (Saturday midnight) so a time shift of anything less than 24 actually keeps the period still in the given week, and thus you do not get what would be logical Monday or Friday shift. Here is an indicator that can do that adjustment (on the charts are weekly pivot with 5 hour shift and -5 hour shift) and which does (I hope) what you were looking for

It can show any time frame pivots but for time frames less than daily it ignores hours shift (I think it is a logical restriction) I think only one parameter needs additional explanation : PivotIdentifier- if you want to place more than one pivot on the chart, enter some unique identifier in this field in order to be able to distinguish which label belongs to which indicator. That is all

regards

mladen
Files:
pivot_2.gif  34 kb

Nah, nothing to do with spelling

It is that 2 hour Sunday data that you have on those brokers and that 2 hour data gives those ridiculous results, Here is a version with one additional parameter : FixSundays- when set to true it will avoid Sunday data and then you are going to get pivots like these (upper is with FixSunday set to false and lower is set to true)

PS: for some hour shifts, it does not avoid Sunday data completely (it would require a code monster in order to avoid that data completely, this way it will be included in high lows seeking) but you are not going to get that kind of pivots you got with pure Sunday data any more

regards

mladen

Fudomyo:
Thank you mladen,

That makes perfect sense! It looks very promising.

I tested the indicator on 3 platforms, MBT, IBFX, and Broco and am having a bit of trouble getting it working on any of them. I checked the code and I'm not sure if this would be an issue but the spelling of length is written "lenght". in the code.

Could this be affecting the results?.

Here's a screenshot with how the Daily levels appear on my chart (in the white box).

I'm sorry this is not so simple.

Best,

Fudo

omg... you're a genius! .... lol

Thank you so much. The monthly pivots are right!

So far everything looks great. This is an outstanding accomplishment!!!

I have tested every pivot indicator and none of them even came close to giving a proper level reading on these broker's software.

You are amazing!

Kind regards,

Fudo

mladen:
Nah, nothing to do with spelling It is that 2 hour Sunday data that you have on those brokers and that 2 hour data gives those ridiculous results, Here is a version with one additional parameter : FixSundays- when set to true it will avoid Sunday data and then you are going to get pivots like these (upper is with FixSunday set to false and lower is set to true)

PS: for some hour shifts, it does not avoid Sunday data completely (it would require a code monster in order to avoid that data completely, this way it will be included in high lows seeking) but you are not going to get that kind of pivots you got with pure Sunday data any more

regards

mladen

RSI Bands indicator

Hi Mladen,

I really need your help now. This is an indicator from the mql forum RSI Bands 2. You will notice that once attached, the indicator is very different from the picture posted on the forum RSI Band - MQL4 Code Base The indicator looks very promissing. There are 2 options: either the guy used Photoshop to create the picture and make people wonder or there is genuine mistake in the code. Can you please look at this and see if you can make the indicator similar to the picture posted on the mql forum? In particular, the yellow line does not follow the price as on the picture. Thank you very much in advance for your time and effort. Please try to work on this in the next week.

Files:

Mtf Wpr & Bollinger Bands

Hi Mladen

Mtf Wpr & Bollinger Bands

in the same window

Two of the indicators

thanks

Files:
mtf_wpr.mq4  4 kb
usdjpy_1.gif  14 kb

profitrader21,

The whole thing that is there (as far as I see) is a "remake" of this (with some obvious "differences" ) It was posted long time ago in the public section of TSD (if I remember correctly it was more than 2 years ago) so it is funny at the least to read about "good idea" when the original idea to place RSI on chart was from fxbs and the coding of that first one was mine. Posting the indicator in its original state
PS: I was right : more than 2 years ago (it was even posted by scriptor on metaquotes forum : OnChart Rsi - MQL4 Code Base ) PPS: and to have exactly what he had on the picture and he forgot how he did it OnChart RSI version 2 (just apply atrMultiplier 3 - I posted a picture with atrMultiplier 1)
regards

mladen

profitrader21:
Hi Mladen, I really need your help now. This is an indicator from the mql forum RSI Bands 2. You will notice that once attached, the indicator is very different from the picture posted on the forum RSI Band - MQL4 Code Base The indicator looks very promissing. There are 2 options: either the guy used Photoshop to create the picture and make people wonder or there is genuine mistake in the code. Can you please look at this and see if you can make the indicator similar to the picture posted on the mql forum? In particular, the yellow line does not follow the price as on the picture. Thank you very much in advance for your time and effort. Please try to work on this in the next week.
Reason: