Elite indicators :) - page 161

umeshkathuria
umeshkathuria  

Thanks mladen

Thanks a lot mladen for the Indicator, its working perfectly now.

I have one more issue with email sender in Metatrader.

I have enabled email in options and using smtp server of gmail (smtp.gmail.com) but system is not sending mails.

I checked the log file and found this:

10:03:37 Mail: error connecting to smtp.gmail.com

10:05:24 Mail: error connecting to smtp.gmail.com

I hope you have some solution for this.

Thanks

Umesh

mladen:
umeshkathuria

Try this one out

Changed some things (added interpolate and some different mtf handling in order to avoid the some usual traps of mtf - as I remember we had some issue with version 1.0 which cause to make 1.1, but can not remember now what exactly was the issue)
regards mladen
halvardu
halvardu  

Hi umeshkathuria!

I think you have you use the smtp from your internet provider not gmail.

I have canal digital as my internet prvider, so my smtp in MT4 is smtp.online.no. Thats working perfect.

Regards

Halvard

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

ValeFX

OK, lets try it out

Austin Passamonte have published something very similar 2 years ago, so it is a kind of a "republishing" of that idea. This one is a version where default values for pivot levels are at 38,61% of the range, but you can easily change it through parameters to the fibo levels Passamonte proposes in his TASC article (0.25,0.50 and 0.75, and then it looks like the picture bellow) or whatever levels you want. If level parameter is set to 0 or less than 0, it will be omitted.
PS: Passamonte in his calculations (published here : CM Dynamic Pivots* TradeStation ) uses a bit different calculation (he actually prefers low) but included that calculation way in the indicator as "AlternativeCalculation" and it looks like this (with levels set to 0.38 and 0.61) It, implicitly, includes levels 25 since what he calls "midHigh" and "midLow" are in fact 25% levels. Since it looks better than the 25,50 and 75% calculation, decided to set those as default parameters
regards

mladen

ValeoFX:
Mladen have you seen the article on Dynamic Pivots in the July 2010 issue of “Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities” by any chance?

If so, what are your views on it and can you build us an indicator from his published data? If not, I can post it here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
umeshkathuria
umeshkathuria  

Rsi ema mtf 1.2

mladen:
umeshkathuria

Try this one out

Changed some things (added interpolate and some different mtf handling in order to avoid the some usual traps of mtf - as I remember we had some issue with version 1.0 which cause to make 1.1, but can not remember now what exactly was the issue)
regards mladen

mladen

I have attached this indicator to H1 chart with H4 settings. The only problem I am facing with this is that it gives instant signals as soon as the RSI crosses EMA and later removes the arrows if the price moves in other direction. To rectify that can you modify this indicator to give alerts on the close of Current Time frame candle..H1 in this case or at close of time frame chosen in settings whichever you think is more suitable.

Thanks

Umesh

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Umesh

Set the alertsOnCurrentparameter to false and it will work on a closed bar (a closed bar of a chosen time frame, so if you are using 1 hour RSI EMA on 15 minute chart it will still check 1 hour bars not the 15 minute bars)

regards

mladen

umeshkathuria:
mladen

I have attached this indicator to H1 chart with H4 settings. The only problem I am facing with this is that it gives instant signals as soon as the RSI crosses EMA and later removes the arrows if the price moves in other direction. To rectify that can you modify this indicator to give alerts on the close of Current Time frame candle..H1 in this case or at close of time frame chosen in settings whichever you think is more suitable.

Thanks

Umesh
umeshkathuria
umeshkathuria  

Thanks Mladen for replying.

I am using this indicator with Triangular MA Centered abands Alerts.

Here is the setup for my system:

Time Frame: H1

Indicators:

1. RSI EMA MTF

Settings:

Time Frame= H4

RSI Period = 5

MA Type = 1

MA Period = 3

Interpolate = True

AlertsonCurrent = False

2. Triangular MA Centered abands Alerts

Time Frame=H1

Half Length = 12

Price=6

Band Deviation = 3

Interpolate = True

AlertsonCurrent = True

Strategy:

Longs:

Enter:

When price is below the middle band and RSI EMA gives UP alert.

Exit: When Price touches Upper Band or RSI EMA gives reverse signal.

Stop Loss: Close below Lower Band

Shorts:

Enter:

When price is above the middle band and RSI EMA gives DOWN alert

Exit: When Price touches Lower Band or RSI EMA gives reverse signal.

Stop Loss: Close above upper Band.

Can you make an EA for this system.

Thanks

Umesh

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Files:
dv2.gif 25 kb
dv2.mq4 2 kb
newmont
newmont  

Hello, just wondering if anybody can help with this indicator. It seems tha the calculation may be out, this is another version from a forex trm, the i-reg is set up with the 3 deviations close but still not close enough. Thanks

Files:
chf-i-reg.jpg 56 kb
i-regr.mq4 5 kb
francb.gif 9 kb
yama728
yama728  

Super Trend MTF plz.

Hi and thanks mladen.

I want to MTF "super trend" indicator please.

sorry my poor english...

thanks

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

yama

Here you go

There are some differences, though. The first one is where the super trend line is drawn. In the one you posted there is a part of code that was obviously trying to solve the problem of different time frames (this part of code) :

switch(Period()) {

case 1: UpDownShift = 3; break;

case 5: UpDownShift = 5; break;

case 15: UpDownShift = 7; break;

case 30: UpDownShift = 9; break;

case 60: UpDownShift = 20; break;

case 240: UpDownShift = 35; break;

case 1440: UpDownShift = 40; break;

case 10080: UpDownShift = 100; break;

case 43200: UpDownShift = 120; break;

}

It is, more or less trying to adjust distance in pips for different time frames. The first problem is that it is meant for 4 digit brokers (which is the smaller problem - it is taken care of in this version) and the other is that it makes constant difference regardless of volatility. Even Jason Robinson gave up that way and took what is used in the Atr stops or Jan Arps "original" (the one Jan Arps calls "trender") and uses average true range instead for the distances and not fixed distances. Anyway, I left an option to use "old calculation" which approximates the "old way" (not 100% since I did not want to go entiely back as far as the calculations are concerned)

As a comparison, it does not matter which calculation is used, the color changes are at the same places (it is a CCI trend after all )
Added the usual stuff : interpolation, non repainting ,... Here is a 1 hour super trend on a 15 minute chart. Default CCI length in this one is changed from 14 to 50 (it is more or less common for it, but you can change it in parameters to any length you wish)

After this lengthy post, I wish you a pleasant weekend

regards

mladen

yama728:
Hi and thanks mladen.

I want to MTF "super trend" indicator please.

sorry my poor english...

thanks

Updated version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general