Elite indicators :) - page 159

derfel
derfel  

stochastic in color and alert v1.04d

Dear mladen, dear mtuppers,

sorry, if this is not the right place for asking this. Doing my fist steps in this forum. have already read a lot of your posts and would like to say that I admire your outstanding contributions.

I downloaded (don't remember where it was) a stochastic indicator (Color Stochastic.mq4, written by mladen, add arrow alert by mtuppers, v1.04d)

It's very nice, but to me it looks like the arrows - which , I think, should indicate leaving the zones of overbought and oversold only react on the overbought-zone.

Red arrow when OB is entered and blue arrow when OB is left.

Is this an old one ? Please forgive me if I missed something and this is an odd question, already been solved.

Thanks

derfel

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

derfel

Can you please post the indicator (the v1.04d) here. I have only version 1.02 on my PC

regards

mladen

derfel:
Dear mladen, dear mtuppers,

sorry, if this is not the right place for asking this. Doing my fist steps in this forum. have already read a lot of your posts and would like to say that I admire your outstanding contributions.

I downloaded (don't remember where it was) a stochastic indicator (Color Stochastic.mq4, written by mladen, add arrow alert by mtuppers, v1.04d)

It's very nice, but to me it looks like the arrows - which , I think, should indicate leaving the zones of overbought and oversold only react on the overbought-zone.

Red arrow when OB is entered and blue arrow when OB is left.

Is this an old one ? Please forgive me if I missed something and this is an odd question, already been solved.

Thanks

derfel
derfel
derfel  

stochastic in color and alert v1.04d

hello mladen,

Thank you for taking care.

derfel

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

derfel

Here is this one. Decided to make a new one. Reasons for doing so : I might say "good old times" but that one (even the one without the changes made by others) was made loooong, long time ago, and I have learned a couple of things along the way. One of the things is how to make the indicator a non-repainting. The way how it is coded (the old one) it can repaint So, the first step was to make it a non-repainting one. Also changed when the color of it changes : it changes when in zone(s), and not, like before, when the slope changes. Other things done are regarding choices : in this one you can choose almost everything :
- showing arrows just when entering the zone

- showing arrows just when exiting the zone

- showing arrows always (entering end exiting the zone)

Similar choices are provided for alerts (so you can draw one and alert on another - even that combination is allowed)

I think (hope ) that this one will cover almost all the needs regarding stochastic. Will make a multi time frame some of these days (repainting and alerts in MTF are a bit of a drag, so did not finish it today, will post it as soon as I finish that version too)

Till then wish you a great weekend (what's left of it, at least )

regards

mladen

derfel:
hello mladen,

Thank you for taking care.

derfel
derfel
derfel  

color stochastic

Dear mladen,

thanks for your fast reply. What else can I say than you are outstanding. Can't hardly await your MTF-version.

Thank you

derfel

zipfrog
zipfrog  

Question for mladen

Figured it out...

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

This is the multi time frame version of the color stochastic posted a few posts before

As far as I see all mtf possible issues are solved.

A couple of things that might need and explanation upfront.

Arrows are drawn on the first bar of the chosen time frame. In reality it might not be so : the arrow might have happened on any of the bars belonging to the chosen time frame (for example if you are on a 5 minute chart and watching 1 hour time frame, the arrow is drawn at nn:00 while the arrow actually could have happened on any of the 12 bars (from nn:00 to nn:55 minutes) belonging to that 1 hour bar) It was a matter of scoice : either I draw an arrow on every bar belonging to the target bar or I draw just one. I chose the simpler solution (not coding wise, but visually : there would be zillion arrows otherwise)

What I told, non repainting can be a drag in multi time frame but this one has that issue solved : here is a comparison what I was talking about - upper is the new one (interpolate set to false for comparison sake) and lower is the "old" one (the v1.04d). Even though they are not "coloring" the same thing, it is obvious where the problem is and which version works as it should

And the last : alerts are triggered once per target time frame bar. So, if you are watching 1 hour time frame on a 5 minute chart, you will get an allert only once in an hour and not 12 times (for every 5 minute bar belonging to that target 1 hour bar)

That is all. As usual, you can choose to interpolate or not and then they look like these :

PS: for cases when you wish to place more than one indicator on a same chart, supply unique name for arrows in the arrowsIdentifier parameter. That way they will not "mix" arrows (arrows are objects it this indicator, and they need unique names in order to be managed properly - automatic unique name generation does not work in cases of metatrader crashes or templates, hence I do not use the automatic unique name generation)

Updated version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

derfel
derfel  

color stochastic + mtf

thank you very much mladen, great work.

derfel

mbroux
mbroux  

Absolute Strength Market

Hello

First, thank you for this great forum !!!

Is it possible to improve the “absolute strength market v2.1”? I think there is some trouble with this indicator because the results are not the same with the same settings (same broker but different pc) with the mode 0 et TMF 240 (play with ut 1h) especially with the smooth!

And sorry for my poor English… (I am French!)

Thank you ++ !!

traderduke
traderduke  
mladen:
casaliss

Here you go

Used the original instead of the one you posted (in the original it looks like the upper one) but added the difference display too (the lower one - set the ShowDifference() parameter to true to get that one) Did not use the one you posted for some coding errors in it (to be honest, when I see something like this :

for( i=0; i<1000 ; i++ )

{

}

when the loop has 998 executions too much in 99,99% cases I just turn around and use or write something else, but seeing that TRO "intervened" in the code, no wonder that there is "stuff" like that in it, I might add)

All the rest is the usual : interpolated or non-interpolated (interpolated on the picture)
have a great weekend

regards

mladen

mladen

Many thanks for the training you have bestowed on me. I'm trying to write an EA using your Voltex indicator. I appear to have fallen into a lucky setup but its rearly into the testing. I am using it with Renko bricks but the problem also happens for all other TFs.

1. When backtesting at the conclusion of the test when the indicator is poped on the screen, it turns horizonal, see attached. If you list the indicators on the visual screen you will find several hundred vortex indicators listed???

2. I was trying to show levels for the "ShowDifference = True;" but it won't show if "True".

Any help would be appreciated. You might even find the EA interesting!

Ray