Mail: Error connecting to smtp.gmail.com

Hello Traders I tried connecting my mt4 for email alert notification using Amazon Vps to automate 24/7. After entering all the parameters using:

SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com / also switched by using port 465/25 and co
SMTP login: my email
Password: *******
To: my email

I keep getting this  response of Mail: Error connecting to smtp.gmail.com

So I tried connecting without using VPS and it connected automatically but I need the system running on VPS so as to get the email notifications when offline on my pc 

Any help on this will be appreciated 

Thanks 

lek Media:
Hello Traders I tried connecting my mt4 for email alert notification using Amazon Vps to automate 24/7. After entering all the parameters using:

You have opened this topic.

Please do not duplicate your posts in other topics.

I have deleted your other posts.

Keith Watford:

You have opened this topic.

Please do not duplicate your posts in other topics.

I have deleted your other posts.

Noted thanks, kindly assist with my question

lek Media: SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com / also switched by using port 465/25 and co
Gmail and gmx must be configured (on their site,) to allow external application.
          Experts: Mail All Order Status Periodically - Forex Trading Platform - Articles, Library comments - MQL5 programming forum 2016.11.18

samuk1000: This fixed the problem. Logging into the gmail account from the server desktop and approving the security then allowed MT4 to work it's magic.
          Email function works from desktop, but doesn't work from VPS. - MQL5 programming forum #6 2019.01.21

William Roeder:
Gmail and gmx must be configured (on their site,) to allow external application.
          Experts: Mail All Order Status Periodically - Forex Trading Platform - Articles, Library comments - MQL5 programming forum 2016.11.18

samuk1000: This fixed the problem. Logging into the gmail account from the server desktop and approving the security then allowed MT4 to work it's magic.
          Email function works from desktop, but doesn't work from VPS. - MQL5 programming forum #6 2019.01.21

Have done as instructed on the manual and this never fix It yet, I login into my Gmail using the server desktop and it allows to be log in but still getting the same response from mt4 email notifications

lek Media:
Have done as instructed on the manual and this never fix It yet, I login into my Gmail using the server desktop and it allows to be log in but still getting the same response from mt4 email notifications

Did you turn on "Allow less secure applications"

nicholi shen:

Did you turn on "Allow less secure applications"

Yes I did 

lek Media:

SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com / also switched by using port 465/25 and co
SMTP login: my email
Password: *******
To: my email

I keep getting this  response of Mail: Error connecting to smtp.gmail.com

So I tried connecting without using VPS and it connected automatically but I need the system running on VPS so as to get the email notifications when offline on my pc 

Any help on this will be appreciated 

Thanks 

To: my email -> your other email = true, your same email = false.

Roberto Jacobs:

To: my email -> your other email = true, your same email = false.

That's not exact. From and To can be the same email address.

lek Media:
Yes I did 

That's most probably a VPS issue which blocks TCP/IP output. Check the firewall.

You can check the same on a local PC to see if it works. It should as in general there is no problem to use MT4 mail and Gmail.

Alain Verleyen:

That's most probably a VPS issue which blocks TCP/IP output. Check the firewall.

You can check the same on a local PC to see if it works. It should as in general there is no problem to use MT4 mail and Gmail.

It actually works so well on the local PC, the issue has been with using VpS 
Reason: