Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 605

mladen:
Marco Indicators from metatrader 5 can not be imported to metatrader 4 in 99.99% of cases. Cases when it can be done are as rare as hairs on Heidi Klums chest

Good One!

I like your humor.

mladen:
Marco Indicators from metatrader 5 can not be imported to metatrader 4 in 99.99% of cases. Cases when it can be done are as rare as hairs on Heidi Klums chest

Well in that case, I'm not interested haha

But thx anyway for your prompt reply.

All the best Marco

Dear Mladen,

Do you have this in indi in MTF and working on the new build of mt4. This one makes failures.

Thx for the help Marco

vq.mq4

Files:
vq.mq4  8 kb

Marco320:
Dear Mladen,

Do you have this in indi in MTF and working on the new build of mt4. This one makes failures.

Thx for the help Marco

vq.mq4

Marco

try using this one

Files:
vq_1.mq4  8 kb

mladen:
Marco try using this one

Hi MLaden,

Thx for the quick reply and it works.

Regards Marco

Hi guys, I have a general question about mtf-indicators: can the mtf-number be only one of the mt4-standards like 1,5,15,30,60,240...

or can I use offline charts like 2 or 3? I would like to use a 2 pip renko or rangebar and an mtf-indicator from a 10 pip renko or rangebar chart. Is that possible?

marley60:
Hi guys, I have a general question about mtf-indicators: can the mtf-number be only one of the mt4-standards like 1,5,15,30,60,240... or can I use offline charts like 2 or 3? I would like to use a 2 pip renko or rangebar and an mtf-indicator from a 10 pip renko or rangebar chart. Is that possible?

It is possible but you have to change the time frame checking code - there is no limitation what time frames you are using as long as it is generated regularly. But if you are attaching an indicator to a regular time frame and getting data from offline charts that are not time bound (range bars, renko bars, ...) you might experience some problems (metatrader is not known for handling offline charts properly in some cases)

Dear Mladen,

I would to know the basic logic for time frame calculation,

i want apply same logic to my indicators myself on another trading platform with different program language,

I want use 1M chart and calculate and plot MA and MACD with different TF on 1M charts.

rodonite:
Dear Mladen,

I would to know the basic logic for time frame calculation,

i want apply same logic to my indicators myself on another trading platform with different program language,

I want use 1M chart and calculate and plot MA and MACD with different TF on 1M charts.

rodonite

It is quite simple : you let the indicator run in the desired time frame (using data for that time frame) and using iCustom() mostly (for any custom indicators - for built in you do not need an iCustom() call) you retrieve the value of the desired buffer (unfortunately, buffers are the only way how you can "communicate" with some other indicator)

hi mladen/mrtools

could you pls make this indi mtf? thanks.

Reason: