Guide to Today's Important Data and Events
Not many economic dockets scheduled for today and all with low to medium risks associated.
Data released so far –
- Australia – HIA new home sales rose by 8.9% in March. Trade balance improves but still in deficit at -$2.16 billion. Exports rose by 4% and imports by 1%. Retail sales rose by 0.4% in March.
- China – Caixin china services PMI declined to 51.8 in April.
- UK – Halifax house prices report may get announced today. Services PMI will be released at 8:30 GMT.
- Euro Zone – Economic bulletin will be released at 9:00 GMT.
- United States – Challenger job cuts will be released at 11:30 GMT. Weekly jobless claims report will be released at 12:30 GMT. EIA will release natural gas inventory report at 14:30 GMT. FED’s Bullard will be speaking at 15:30 GMT, Williams and Lockhart at 23:15 GMT.
- Canada – Building permits for March will be released at 12:30 GMT.
- Australia – AiG construction index will be published at 23:30 GMT.
- Auctions – Spain will auction 3 year, 5 year and 10 year bonds and UK will auction 10 year bond.