MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 969

Simply use the cmd prompt in windows and create a junction link or symbolic link very easy: in the command prompt type:  mklink  "C:\MyOriginalFile.txt"   "C:\MyDestinationFile.txt" Make sure neither one of the files exist before hand. Once the link is created you can start using filewrite and...
[Deleted]
Hello. How to change pair through a program. example I am on a GBPUSD chart I run an EA or a SCRIPT and for example my GBPUSD chart happening directly in the EURUSD .or another pair of my choice. is that possible? Thank you for your help. Sorry for my English I'm French.
Hello: I need your help, When I put: PRINT (iClose(NULL,0,0), iLow(Null,0,0), iHigh(NULL,0,0), iOpen(NULL,0,0)), the result is the equal, iOpen(NULL,0,0). Why?. But when I put (iClose(NULL,0,1), iLow(Null,0,1), iHigh(NULL,0,1), iOpen(NULL,0,1)) the result is OK. The problem is with the parameter...
Im using a lot of them in my EA, and my chart gets really confusing because of that. Thanks in advance... 
HELLO ALL; I AM WORKING ON AN EA WHICH TAKES 1 PIPS PROFIT ($10)ON EURUSD 30 MIN CHART IF CANDLE MOVES 4 PIPS HIGHER. THEN IT PLACES TRADE ON 3RD PIP AND TAKES PROFIT ON 5TH PIP ELSE WHEN CLOSE[0]==OPEN[0].MY CODE BELOW IS NOT WORKING..PLEASE HELP  RESULTS ON BACKTEST ARE:- 1.1 2012.06.18 09...
[Deleted]
My EA sent order message 3 times. (each 10 lots, buy-position) But I have no buy-position yet. (Three order messages have already been sent, but no position in my account yet because of delay time)   Then, what is the OrdersTotal() in EA's viewpoint? Zero.. ?  (EA counts how many times the...
in order to test my ea ,i download history data from mt4 terminal , when i test it ,i find there are several problem with data 1/when use 30min timeframe ,the procession will terminate on 2010/11/20 ,means after that time  no data 2/when use h1 TF ,will terminate on 2011/3/25 , it is very...
Hello. I get an "Invalid ticket for OrderClose() function" (error 4051)  when I test my EA. Looking at the error codes I see that a parameter is invalid. Although I have a hunch it is OrderTicket() that is messing up, I have seen this parameter listed like it is in other codes. The OrderClose() code...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm learning mql4 and tried my first EA. I did a Backtesting. I found that my expert was sending a lot of orders at the same next bar once the buy/sell condition was given. The problem is that I programmed it to work with just one market order (i.e. system must be always buyed or selled)....
Hello Forum, possibly my most ignorant question, but then again I don't know! As a newbie I find myself putting a lot of descriptive text in my code, to remind me of what I am trying to do and allow me to come back to rework errors etc In the more complex work, this might be 100 or 200 lines of...
Can someone help me here? I just cleared all *.hst files in my PC, loaded m1 data from Dukascopy (I am backtesting at an ECN Trader), but couldnt make the script period_converter work. My screen turned white, I couldn´t see any bars on EURUSD whatsoever, so I am pretty shure that I cleaned...
Hi all, I'm trying to send myself an alert when the difference between the closing price of the GBPJPY and EURJPY reaches a desired amount. I trying to use iClose to reference the close of the EURJPY while on a GBPJPY chart . I think the syntax is wrong, but I'm stuck. Thank you in advance for
Hi MQLers,  with a couple of trendlines on charts, am I able to do, in a possibly simple way, something like: "at 13:20:30, what trendlines can I still see"? Mac 
I'm trying to write code for closing all open trades based on the net profit of all open trades.  The scenario is there are open trades on multiple currency pairs.  One or more of those trades may be at a loss, but the net value of all open trades is positive.  I want the code to close all open...
Hello there. I have maybe a small problem.  I´m using a istochastic value and signal in my expert. But I need to make it count between 0 and 100. Can anyone give me an idear.  I need the indicator to work on that range to compair with another. And it is just writing like the book says but there is...
can someone help to fix this signal condition? it did not open any order double upsign=iCustom(NULL, 0, "Fratelli_BB_MACD_V1",12,26,10,2.5,0,0);//up=buffer 0double dnsign=iCustom(NULL, 0, "Fratelli_BB_MACD_V1",12,26,10,2.5,1,0);//dn=buffer 1if(upsign==50.0) sign1=1; if(dnsign==50.0) sign1=-1;
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                  BEST EXPERT.mq4 |//|                        Copyright 2012, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net...
My EA uses Open[0] and Close[0] on the M1 chart and then compares the two values to determine whether it was a bull or bear candle. For some reason the backtester returns the same value for these two operators. The same is true for iOpen(.....,0) and iClose(......,0) How do you resolve that?
Hi, I want to test a strategy from 1.1.2008 till 1.1.2012. The minute datas and also the upper timeframes are there for that time, but my strategy tester runs only for the first 6 month and so I have to split the testing time. What's the reason?
[Deleted]
how to:Do not Trade on this date range? e.g: do not trade on 1/12/2012 until 5/1/2013?
How can my EA enters one order per bar and it get signal when the current bar close?  Please help! 
Hello, I realise that most people want their EAs to trade in pips rather than points (0.1 pips and the fifth digit on a 5-digit broker) but I am looking for the numerical inputs I put into my EA to be interpreted as points i.e. if I put 10 in for a Stop Loss and a Take Profit then it will actually...
I use OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS) to select the trades with my EA. But it affects all my trades, and I want it to affect only a few, certain trades. How can I make it work only on those certain trades, any ideas?
In my first indicator, I am attempting something very simple which I am having difficulties in getting it to work correctly. I want to draw a Buy Arrow (UP Arrow ) on Chart just below the Candle whenever MACD's Signal Crosses above MACD. Opposite end will  be done once I get past this initial...
[Deleted]
Hello Experts ! This is my first post and I am happy to have joined this great forum. Well, I am using Oanda's java-based trading platform , which shows account and trade information just on the left side. I was wondering how we can do the same in MT4 to show the following information: 1. Balance
[Deleted]
Instead of an alert, I would like text to be written to a text file. This code creates an alert:  Alert(text); Instead of that, how can I write the text to a file named "output.txt"?  
  MT 4 on W8  (1)
Hi all, does anyone run their Meta Trader 4 on Windows 8? With / without flaws .. ? Any remarks? 
Can someone help me and tell me where i am going wrong with this EA https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10689? It worked once but now i have opened the code in Meteditor but why is it nor going any further when i save it as it never shows up in my Expertadvisors?? i know there is a simple solution, either...
  Multiple EA's  (2)
I'm having trouble making 2 EA'S work at the same time? In the top corner only shows 1 EA, does this mean that only 1 EA will work at once??
I need a simple Expert Advisor which  can realize a  "Take Profit"  in platform (can be for any orders and positions) is triggered  and open a message box ?????   I am sure it's very simple EA  but as I am beginner I'm very confused how to do it ?  It caused a bad problem for me .  Could somebody...