MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 973

I can multiply three by zero, point, zero, zero, one (3*0.001 = 0.003) to move a decimal to the left three times. Is there an operation or expression that will move a decimal to the left three times instead of having to execute the equation above? I was venturing through the MQL4 Reference in a...
Hello, I want to know the profit of my current order, but I can not to know the profit when I have two contrary orders open on the same underlying. For example to find the profit of a buy order in the eurusd use the function: int retorno_profit_buy(int NMagb){ int resultprofitb; RefreshRates(); if(...
Hi, I am using build 438 and recently an EA that worked great with a 4 decimal price stoped when my broker decided to adopt the 5 decimal price. I've tryed to modify the EA without success. I even tryed hardcoding the SL and PT in the OrderSend() but it still will not work, unless the SL and PT are...
[Deleted]
  Slippage  (2)
Hi, I'm studying EA Programming,  someone tell me what is is the Slippage? Thanks 
I want toshare this EA (VF ROBOT AUDUSD). The executable file is attached. Of course,I'm the author. It's suitable only for AUDUSD and works a lot better with OANDAwith a minimum balance account of $1200 and sufficient for 0.6 lots (it's all aboutleverage). Attach it to a chart (AUDUSD) and leave it...
Hi all, I am puzzled; all of a sudden, my terminal does not load - when I double-click the icon leading to the c:\Program Files\MeaTrader\terminal.exe, it just does not load, however in Task Manager the terminal.exe process can be seen. Likewise, if I start MetaEditor adn click the Terminal button
Dear community,   Please help. I  am trying for past week to limit orders to 16 (bars or pending orders) after receiving signal for buy/sell. closest i get was by using argument  : if(FastMA>SlowMA && BuyTicket <=16 && BuyMarketCount(Symbol(),MagicNumber) == 0)  But thats wrong way.      I tried to...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to write mql4 code to create more than one indicator in its own sepatate window. For example to create a MACD indicator in one window and a RSI indicator in another sepatate window
I Wants to Buy an a TOP EXPERT ADVISOR (EA) for me... someone can help me to find it ? -- Thanx & Regards, Harish Panditkar <SNIP>
[Deleted]
Hi everybody!  I've register on this forum because I need help. I need someone to convert my strategy written from C#(I use FXCM strategy trader for automated trading) in MQL4. I think doesn't  require much time because is based only on Bollinger bands. Please help me because is very profitable...
Hello MQL4 community, I am trying to conjure up a solution to create an "artificial order" and partially close this artificial order just as my EA would partially close a real order. I want to do this because I wish to see if the last "artificial order" closed in netted profit or netted loss, so I...
Hello MQL4 community, I have two questions. 2. orderclosing question. Objective: Open a buy order when iMA 1 > iMA 200 (shift1) AND after the sell order of 0.01 lots closes. Current code displayed directly below-    OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES);...
hello everyone i am new here i am trying to build my ea base on this template , can any one help me to add these extern variable    (  trading time with the starting and ending :  ; max number of position ; hedge ; )   #property copyright "Expert Advisor Builder"#property link      "http://sufx...
Is it possible to program an EA the will be given a certaincommand to another EA; may be an EA attached on 1 hr chart given a certain commandto another EA on a 5 min. chart? For example an EA on 1 hr. chart when a certaincondition is meet on it, it will give a command to another EA on 5 min. chartto...
[Deleted]
how start a fx brokerage company... pl. explain step by step the process
Because of it's complexity and it's cutting off the throats of a lot of programmers and traders that are well versed in MQL4.  With that said how long will MQL4 survive?  Will MT5 fail to ever phase out MT5?  I'm hoping not because in my opinion it really sucks.  
[Deleted]
I run the tester and click on chart i see daily bars but no data from the tester  
Hi All,  I'm coding an EA and I'd like to move the stoploss of an order up to the opening price if the Bid is a certain number of points above the price the order was opened at.  I have some code, and it does modify the stoploss correctly, however it also generates an OrderModify Error 1 on each...
[Deleted]
I read that this can happen when an EA is doing an operation, and another one ALSO wants to do the same kind of thing. My doubt is... if I have a single EA, working across multiple charts, will it trip all over itself as if it were multiple EAs? Thanks!
Greetings, I would like to know if there is a function to convert text from Uppercase to Lowercase and vise verse. something like this: Let's say string variable 'a' might contain some version of the word 'buy'; instead:  if (a=="buy" or a=="Buy" or a=="BUY")..  etc. I'd like to use: if...
int ticket;   if (allsignal==1 && total<3 && enableopen==true)                                                       //condition allsignal is alligator signal,total=orderstotal()<      {      ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lotsize,Ask,slippage,0,0,"Order #2",NULL,Magic,Green);  //entry market...
[Deleted]
  MarketInfo()  (5)
I am trying to use the MarketInfo() command but I must be doing something wrong. The company I trade with is Oanda, in case that makes a difference. Here's my code: double Spread = 0;  Spread = MarketInfo(“eurusd”,MODE_SPREAD); Alert(“Spread = ”,DoubleToStr(Spread,10)); Here's the output I get:...
Hi, say you want to change the window length of your indicator to the number of bars since its last turning point, you would do that like this:      for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)   {       ExtMapBuffer0[i]=iMA(0,0,10,0,0,0,i);   }   for(i=limit-1; i>=0; i--)   {      double curr = ExtMapBuffer0[i];...
Hi: Thanks for your help on my question. I have setup an ea with specific conditions that works better with a manual entry/exit. I would like to generate a signal that can be sent by email or text msg. Any guidance on this? Thanks again.
[Deleted]
Hello, would you please know how I could calculate a currently used margin for all the open positions on a currency pair?    Thanks a lot! Pavel 
hi all, i need some guide on writing a code, can anyone show me suggestion and how i do it? what i want is i have a few indicators, and then i only want a signal coming out from each bar for 3 different indicators so for one bar, maximum signal i get is 3 and then i trade once only with each...
[Deleted]
I added the OrderCloseTime() to both if statements thinking that would put an end to this invalid ticket for ordermodify function error but every once in awhile my EA will lose control of all the orders and somehow mix in a closed trade and continously try to modify it over and over making huge log...
<SNIP>   here is what i had written so far, when i tested on strategy tester, no trade was occur, i compiled the code with no error no warnings,can anyone tell me why  ? also is there anyone to give me suggestion on perfecting it? 
Hello, extern int iHeureDebut = 9; // Heure du debut de la plage horaire du filtre horaireextern int iMinutesDebut = 30; // Minutes du debut de la plage horaire du filtre horaireextern int iHeureFin = 20; // Heure de fin de la plage horaire du filtre horaireextern int iMinutesFin = 30; // Minutes de...
hi all, i need some guide on writing a code, can anyone show me suggestion and how i do it? what i want is i have a few indicators, and then i only want a signal coming out from each bar for 3 different indicators so for one bar, maximum signal i get is 3 and then i trade once only with each