MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 975

Folks,   I am confused.  Can you please explain for me Maximal and Absolute Drawdown.  I thought I understood but in my testing it shows a gross loss of 63 and a maximal drawdown of 4030 and absolute drawdown of 1715 but it never drops more than 21 below the opening balance ... how can that be?...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to call CreateProcess() from MQL, without success. Following is the import declaration: #import "kernel32.dll" int CreateProcessA( string lpApplicationName, string lpCommandLine, int lpProcessAttributes[], int
Hi All, I have a problem here. When my friend open a trade, I am unable to see his trade when i login using the investor password. Anything I have miss out? Hope someone can help. BTW i am using Oanda MT4. Thank you.
Hey Guys, I am trying to identify some code which will allow me to test once per bar. For example, running an if() statement at the start of a new bar. One in which you can select a specific time frame rather than what the time frame is currently operating on. Any ideas? I am stumped, its late and...
[Deleted]
Hi! I am having SOME problems with ordersend. For instance, the EURJPY symbol: BID=104.323 / ASK=104.355 I try to open a sell position at 104.326, with a slippage of 10, and use normalizedouble with precision 3, since Digits=3. I also refresh rates just before my send order. I STILL get error 129,...
Hello, I would like to use MT4 as it comes, with indicators that are already predefined. I have only limited experience with another computer language, and therefore will use existing trading strategies with indicators from the MT4 platform. Can you please explain what steps I have to follow to do
[Deleted]
Hi I am looking for someone to program a ea. I can pay for our service. Please contact me with message  thanks 
Hello I am a trader also a freelancer programmer. I have experience at mql4 metatrader. There will be no problem at doing indicators and eas. If anyone who wants coding they can add my skype. If you dont need coding u can just add so we can meet and I can know new traders. For coding if I like the...
I havethis indicator on my chart to show me CCI divergence. What I want to do is grapthe signal from the indicator into an EA and then for now just give me an alertso I can see the EA has got the signal. For some reason i'm not allowedto show the indicator here, it says 'The text is too long' when...
Hi there,   Could someon please give me some advice or help on this: I would like to add some function which will modify a SL and TP, when I have some profit in points. For example: my EA opens LONG trade when EURUSD is 1,2000 -> SL 1,1900 and TP is 1,2100. When EURUSD is 1,2050 i would like to have...
Hello ,How do I create EA with multi time frame(5min chart and 1H chart)  
I am backtesting on two terminals simultaneously. I updated the EA on one terminal, and then copied it to the other and re-compiled it there as well. Both terminals are loaded with the relevant indicators. Both terminals have identical history data. When I run the two EA's side by side, with...
Alright does not make sense. The following code triggers as if the order was closed and it is not, still a buy: Statement same as I have always used, except for variable name. Went back and looked at some old programs that used it. if( (AccountNumber() == MasterAct[index]) &&...
[Deleted]
  SPAM  (3)
Hi, I need an help in writing this indicator, it doesn't work. I must find the last bar that formed a Fractal Up. The indicator will return the shift from the present bar, to reach the Fractal bar. For instance, if the Fractal Up is formed 3 bars ago, the indicator will return 3. Thank you for your
Hi guys, I have this script that clears the chart from objects, trend-lines, Fibonacci, bla bla bla,,,, I would like to know if its possible to apply the script once to all open charts in a profile .. The script is:...
There is probably a very simple explanation that i am missing but could someone tell me why the same EUR/USD on a M1 chart shows different patterns? I have 2 seperate accounts  running on Metatrader 4 running at the same time yet both candlestick charts couldn't be any more different in appereance?...
In documentation for OrderSend (URL: https://docs.mql4.com/trading/ordersend), sample code shown uses a keyword Point. I am unable to find its declaration so it seems to be a pre-defined variable and seems to co-relate to Pip. I want to figure out whether it is same as a Pip. If it is different,...
[Deleted]
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to Copy or Save Data off the custom indicators (MT4)? I tried to figure out the indicator's formula, so I can recreate the data manually in a spreadsheet using OHLC data feed, but in vain - I could not figure out the mathematics of the formula using MetaEditor....
Hello, Sorry for my bad English. When I test my EA under MT4, a blue line connect the open and close trade When I trade in my real account, no line appear. I suppose I need include a code in my EA. If someone have a example. Thanks Arsouille
[Deleted]
I submitted an indicator code 1 week ago but the status is still "ready for publishing" It takes this long? Or I missed something? 
Hello, I try to code very basic EA. Can someone explains to me what is the problem with it ? It keeps saying ERR_INVALID_STOPS. int start()  {if (iStop  >0 && iStop < MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL) )iStop = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL);if (iLimite  > 0 && iLimite < MarketInfo(Symbol(),...
Hi Everyone, I need some help, I don´t understand why this always returns 0?: Print(DoubleToStr(15/17, 4)); Outcome in the log is 0.000 What am I overseeing?
  Identification of a new day  (11   1 2)
Ok. So I am trying to create a test that identifies if it is a new day. I am trying to do this through testing, on M1, to see if the date of the previous bar is less than the current bar. I have started with this:                                     double Yesterday = TimeToStr(iTime(Symbol()...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone! Still a newbie at this, I'm afraid! I am doing this EA, which (for good or bad) works with a symbol, in real time (I drag it into a chart window). However, at times I would like to use it on 2 symbols at the same time. I open 2 chart windows, one for each symbol, and drag it into each...
[Deleted]
. Hi, Im making an indicator that needs this distances: The indicator in the picture is the difference between two Moving Averages (MA_4 and MA_150). And the idea was to retrieve the distances to the last 5 "zeros" in the indicator.. :( I've wrote this piece of code but it gives me DistA = DistB =
I'm coding a program and I want to know how can I program in MQL4 an instruction that reads how many number of visible candles are actually in the active chart. Also, I want to know is if possible to know also how many numbers of prices are visible at the moment and them values. With prices I mean...
please help me with this indicator .... there are problems to get out in this indicator signal ..... please exit signals corrected for why should I have to refresh or replace the TF or restart my MT4 new first exit signals permasalahanya delay for exit signals .... please and thank you
Hey Everyone. I am having a few problems with my code. There are many problems, and as I hope you can appreciate, I am new to coding and am doing it in my spare time - I am slowly working through them. The problem I am currently trying to overcome is that occasionally the EA is only placing an order
Hi MQLers, please advise: I am looking for a way to put a label (or even a text) above a specified bar so that it is positioned a specified number of pixel above the bar's high and moves along the window as new bars form. I guess the key to this funcionality is through being able to transform pixel...