MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 971

[Deleted]
my EA uses off-points on the AO (awesome oscillator) to enter a trade. when the trend goes short (from long), the AO changes to red (from blue)  and enters short. it stays in the short trade until AO goes back to blue, then close the short and buys long. to make this happen, the EA compares the...
[Deleted]
Hello,  This is the second instance I've had in the past 2 weeks where my take profit order has not been filled automatically after being set.  As a direct result I have very low confidence in continuing to use MT4 as my primary trading platform.  As you can see in the image, the sell order was...
[Deleted]
Hello all. I need to know how to activate the pivot point indicator on the metatrader4 trading platform. Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello , I have a question.    example                               1 2012.11.27 12:00 sell     249   0.01  1.29611    0.00000     1.29284     0.00  10026.26 2 2012.11.27 12:30 modify 249 0.01 1.29611 1.30013 1.29017 0.00 10026.26 3 2012.11.27 16:31 modify 249 0.01 1.29611 1.29739 1.28970 0.00 10026...
[Deleted]
Hi, I open trade with help script (fce. OrderSend() ) After open trade I see values entry arrow; SL and TP have mark on graph - SL red, TP blue if possible change their color?
[Deleted]
Would Metatrader 4 or 5 run under windows 8 RT (Microsoft ARM based OS)?
[Deleted]
why orderselect cannot auto close trade ???
Hello, It happens that I need to switch from a long to a short trading position or the other way around. I'd like to know if there is a simple click that allows me to do so, rather than manually reversing my trading position. Thank you. Very much appreciated.     
[Deleted]
An issue made me question the following: I have been using OrderSelect(<pos>,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES), ASSUMING that such a select was returning the ORDERS in the same order in which they had been created. Some things are now leading me to question this reasoning. IS it the created order that is...
[Deleted]
  EA Polling  (3)
New Member,  How can I setup an EA to Re-calculate or update only every (n_seconds). Not on a Tick basis? 
Hi to all, I've made a .csv file with 18 120 000 rows for the total year 2011. Each row is : Date(DD/MM/YYYY) ; Time(HH:MM:SS) ; TickBid ; TickAsk   (separator field is ';' and row separator is CR). Does somebody could indicate me the right way to transform those datas in a compatible format to...
Hello To the coders: Is there anything I particularly need to watch out for in creating an OrderSend for a live account? I've attached a piece of code that seems to work fine - in StrategyTester, probably even in Demo. I just want to make sure bases are covered. Note: At this point I have no...
Hi All, I am running a simple EA that executes trades whenever the close price of the current bar is near a certain level. So for example, if the price is 1.5000, and I have a 4 point boundary, the model will trade when the price is between 1.4996 and 1.5004. I m running the EA using open prices...
[Deleted]
Hello, I are not familiar with English.  please understand.    how can i find out a bar's open or close price which have lowest or highest indicator index?   example,,       how can i do? please let me know...^^   
  Saving charts  (4)
Can anybody help me and tell me why, soon as i log out of MT4, the only thing it saves to my charts is my indicators setup? Everything else i have to place back on my charts, ie- resistance/support lines, trend lines, labels etc. It just basically removes everything so i have to replace them all...
[Deleted]
I have a csv file with dynamically changing information in it.  I have an indicator that reads the file and converts the data into parameters to draw objects. While I initially had separate market windows open with each different time frame of interest, this became inconvenient as more markets were...
hi all, this is part of my codeint handle1,handle2,write;string File_Name="mydata.csv";double Erray[1,0];Erray[0,0]=pastfractalup;Erray[1,0]=pastfractaldown;{   if (handle1<1)      {      handle1=FileOpen(File_Name,FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE,";");// File opening      }   if (fractalup>0)...
I have noticed that (maybe different vendors of mt4), that sometimes the trade open/close of an order displays arrows and lines on the charts. Are there settings in MT to turns these on or off?
[Deleted]
Hi all, i want to know if it's possible to get a ArraySize function on a Switch function? Like that: int tf[] = {1, 5, 15}; double TakeProfit()   {      switch(tf[i])         {            case tf[1] : TP= 5;            break;                        case tf[5] : TP=...
Hi I have .csv file for M1 data I downloaded from website www.histdata.com. I am trying to import this data in CSV file into my MT4 hostory center. I open  Tool->History Center and click on Import button, I select .csv file located in my computer and  hit ok but no data shows up. Can anyone c-give...
[Deleted]
Having trouble with this - it works - just doesn't update unless I kick it. I hollowed out everything to show the flow - there was no special sauce, just if's and for's & assignments and cannot show it but sure hope this layout will tip off the right person to what may be the trouble.    I have to...
  Loop issue  (2)
Hi all, there is an issue with the below code, as the loop only modifies (TP/SL) the first order, and doesn't loop through all of the existing orders. Can some one help. #property copyright "C"#property link      "h"#property show_inputsextern double     TakeProfit        = 1.2550;extern...
[Deleted]
When viewing my account history in MT4, when I right-click on an item there is an option to: "Save as Detailed Report".  This creates an HTML file that can be customized by editing "StatementDetailed.htm" in the "templates" directory.  Where can I find documentation about this?  I want to learn what...
I've been working on a program for while now and its quite successful manually and turning it into an EA is what I've been doing for almost 7 months now and it all comes down to disabling Patterns that have already triggered Example: if a bearish engulf on the daily chart pops up and the next day if...
[Deleted]
  Help with exit  (1)
Hi, Can somebody give me a hint how to program an exit on the first profitable open price? After long or short the EA should check on every new open price if it is profitable or not and to close the trade if profitable. Thanks!
Hey I would like import the kernell32.dll function GetSystemPowerStatus to know if I am running on UPS in case of a power loss. The problem is that the function receives a pointer to a struct to write the output to: BOOL WINAPI GetSystemPowerStatus( _Out_  LPSYSTEM_POWER_STATUS lpSystemPowerStatus...
Hello Forum I am in the process of building an indicator that I can add to the short time frame chart that I normally trade, and show the high and low of the current bars for higher  time frames (and hence likely support and resistance levels) But to keep clarity I am wondering how to show these...
  Lot increase  (8)
Hi, would you please help me with the code for increasing lot if market  order closed with a loss and lot to stay the same if market order closed with profit. for an example if EA start with (0.1 lot ) to trade, lot must increase to 0.2 if market order closed with a loss and to 0.3 lot if market...
  a BOOL veriable  (9)
Hello freinds,   We say that:  Boolean constants may have the value of true or false, numeric representation of them is 1 or 0, respectively. True or TRUE, False or FALSE can be used, as well. Examples: bool a = true;bool b = false;bool c = 1; Its internal representation is a long 4-byte...
i.e., if i want my EA to trade on 10 currency pairs and move stop losses and takeprofits, i get account blocking, because about 10000 requests per day go to the server, therefore the program lacks its own quotation accounting out of online circulation, i.e. I want my robot to work with more than