MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 481

Hi, I see from an EA followings: ...//--- go trading only for first tiks of new bar   if(Volume[0]>1) return;... It seems only when the Volume[0] = 1. it is a new bar, right?
Hi there, I was wondering how to manage a single MT4 running with MQL5 Signal and my own trading/EA.  Could I trade by myself in the same MT4? Are other orders (not connected to MQL5 Signal) manageable by Metatrader MT4 without issues? Could I run an EA in the same MT4 with MQL5 Signal running?...
  make symbol()  (1)
I brought a file of history through the fileopen function. However, I failed to replace the Symbol. Multi Pair information is needed in ea, but it is not possible for testing. (It is not intended to trade multiple varieties in a single ea In real transaction, I plan to utilize " iopen, " " iclose, "...
Hi, I'm new with this mql languange, I want to connect my mql4 with mysql on the cloud, I use mql4-mysql service. When i just started why it shows me an error like this? https://gyazo.com/914b51e138586bd7ca7fdf8eca01348f I already search for it, but I can't found the solution and why it happens, Is...
Hello, Maybe someone can help which is highly appreciated. I want to  backtest an EA in order to find out the optimal stop loss/profitability. Ea runs based on external value from another software. I have the CSV file for one month(file stored in \tester\files): e.g. 2017.05.01 00:00:00,1 2017.05.01...
Hello. I am trying to release my first program on the market. It is a trading simulator/trading panel with many features. Its main purpose is to allow traders to test their manual strategies in MT4 Tester mode to save time, but it can be used in real trade mode as well. In demo mode the number of...
I am new to coding and still try to learn it.  Can somebody tell me how to do this. The case is there is a  EMA with period of 9 and I need to get a signal after crossing that EMA from current candle close. I appreciate your kind help. thank you.
Hi guys, I am having a bizarre problem. A simple expression is giving me a consistent error. Could anyone give me a hint what is wrong? //--- preprocessor . . . int     A[]; //---- in OnInint() section { A[0]=5; Print(A[0]); } ERROR: array out of range Thanks a lot,
Hi everyone,  Practising writing EA's and want to build a simple robot and see how it works.  I am trying to write a rule: If upper bollinger band is hit sell fixed position size and vice versa.  My reasoning was that I should compare the current price level of the upper band with the current tick...
Hi. I'm in programming some EA, and I have an issue with identification of index of specific candle. I need the High and Low values of the first H4 candle of the current week, it means High/Low of Monday 00:00-03:59 candle. I thought to solve that with    DayOfWeek ===> The shift of Monday will be...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am trying to solve "return value of "orderSelect" should be checked " from the following code. for (cnt= 0 ;cnt< OrdersTotal ();cnt++) { OrderSelect (cnt, SELECT_BY_POS , MODE_TRADES ); if ( OrderType ()== OP_BUY && OrderSymbol ()== Symbol ()&&(( OrderMagicNumber
  Fileopen ==> "1"  (1)
I want to import data(EURGBP30) through the fileopen function instead of history center EURGBP302012.02.27,10:00,0.84648,0.84669,0.84609,0.84664,16392012.02.27,10:30,0.84663,0.84724,0.84633,0.84667,17732012.02.27,11:00,0.84666,0.84712,0.84569,0.84580,16512012.02.27,11:30,0.84579,0.84589,0.84468,0...
Hi is there another way than to open a file to read, read it totally, close it, do some changes e.g. actualize the last access date of a line  and then reopen it again to write and rewrite it completely and close it. I open this file read|write|binary (!), read it, place the file pointer at the...
The charts do not stay in time sync with each other. The S&P can be very inconsistent in the mornings and if no data is received the chart does not put in a gap filler and so when comparing say Gold to the S&P visually it goes out of sync. Does anybody know of a fix for this???
From the dairies of the worlds worst programmer So I run the attached code through strategy tester Yet every time I do it slows down each pass just a little bit more. Initially I could do a non-visual test in under 10 minutes. Now it takes an hour. As for using the optimizer, well given up on that....
Hey Guys, Can someone please explain to me why I always get ERROR 4202 whilst backtesting. I use two indicators drawing trend lines and horizontal lines. Apparently the EA is not able to process the those objects. Many thanks for any help. See the attached files. 
Hi,  I literally took the example listed on https://docs.mql4.com/customind/indicatorbuffers and just modified it slightly to create a ROC [rate of change] indicator. However even though new quotes arrive the indicator flattens out after a while. Like seen in the attached image. What am I doing...
Hello everybody, How come I am getting this error? void ACCOUNTS()  {   int Value=0,       Orders=0;   double TicketValue[],          test=0;   if(OrderSelect(Orders,SELECT_BY_POS)==true)      TicketValue[Value]=OrderProfit(); Orders++;   test=TicketValue[Value];Value++;   else  // illegal else...
hello everyone, i need a little help on finding the error on this code, I Downloaded this EA from the from the MQL Code Base. I totally don't know anything about programing. This EA opens a lot of orders but not closing it when the take profit value reaches. So can anyone here please help me to find...
I'm trying to run an algorithm over every symbol available. The problem is that if I want to get data with iClose for USDCAD for example, I need to have that chart open, otherwise I'll get 0 because local history hasn't been loaded. So far, I've been trying to Open and Close the symbol's chart...
I heard that "multi-currency baektest" are not allowed at mt4. I'm not trying to deal with multiple currencies transaction in a single currency. When the best indicator of the various pair is eqal to current open pair, I want to  open it. So I will open several pair However, "multi-currency...
I want to get say 20 different random numbers "at the same time". My problem - I think - is the seed (MathSrand(GetTickCount())). Even if I use some pause between the iterations, the result numbers are not so random as I wish. If the desired range is between 0 - 1, then I got this sequence after 20...
This is the last step to getting my system going. Really need this solved.    for(int i=OrdersHistoryTotal();i>=0;i--)     {      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY))        {         if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())           {            if(OrderProfit()>0)              {...
Hi Traders, i need some help. I want to use values of indicators of higher timeframes in the strategy tester. But this doesn't work.  I start the strategy tester on M15 and have an indicator attached. This indicator prints the values of iMA of the higher timeframe M30 in the onTick function . When...
I'm trying to develop an ea, so far I can understand and write this which will place orders when a new bar opens. int BarsCount = 0; int start(){ if (Bars > BarsCount){ OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.01,Ask,2,NULL,NULL);                                         BarsCount = Bars; }   return(0); how to...
Hello everybody, I turn to the customizable CCI indicator found on the site, which gives me the positions of the records for buying and selling, and I would like to automate my results thanks to this indicator. The only problem is that I do not have enough time to learn mql4 to create my own...
There are not MT4 / MT5 Linux versions BUT the good news is that MT4 installed and work OK on Linux Wine (Windows Emulator) Ver 1.2. I test for 7 Days MT4 on Linux Ubuntu10.4 + WINE 1.2 with EA loaded and auto Open/Close/Trailing all orders without problem. The MT4 installation on WINE worked OK...
Hi guys, I tried many times to send an email alert using either my solid email account and or a GMX new account, with all aparent port number possibilities (25, 465, 587), and nothing works. Apparently connection seems successful but login failed... I have seen several topics about that on the web...
l want to encode account number to md5 hash. How to do that? Please help. Thank you very much Regards.
Hi community. I am new to MQL4. I am currently developing an EA to operate with binary options. After a few months of work and checking the reference and forum I have come to the conclusion that there is no course of action left for me but to ask here if someone can help me solve my issue. My...