Placing several orders - page 2

angevoyageur:

What's your problem RaptorUk ? A bad day ? It's an interesting question, very related to coding. You can't separate coding from trading when it's related to mql4. I agree with ingvar.

On the orginal topic. If you can use Instant execution, you can place your orders with sl and tp directly. You can also use Pending Orders depending of your strategy. If you have to place order and modify, it seems to me WHRoeder is right. Place all your orders first.

It seems ridiculous to be afraid of a catastrophic event which could lead to trades without stops. You have time to place yours stops.

Thanks angevoyager. I actually started out working on my code using FXCMUK. From earlier experience  I started out with separate place and modify. When trying out manually I discovered that they at least partly had implemented the new rules. Could not make it work with different TP levels. So I switched to Alpari UK. and it works. Then I decided to switch to placing the complete order with SL and TP. That works. so I will stick to that. And to Alpari. For now at least