MT4 Demo Log File Problem

Hi, All - new to the forum here as I'm on an MT4 demo right now with an EA system....I'm trying to trouble-shoot a trade issue with an EA trade on 1/6/13 that should have been executed, but it was never received by my trade servers at OANDA, where the practice account is. I need to get to the MT4 log file for that day, but I discovered I only have one log file for the demo and that was for the day I opened the demo account back in December, 2012. So the question is....with an MT4 demo account, does it NOT have log files because it's a demo or should it be running exactly like a live account and have daily log files, too? Or is there some other place besides the Journal tab where I might find log data. I've had a couple of instances of MT4 crashing indiscriminately so I'm trying to see if that was the problem....

Also, on the crashes...is that a recurring problem with the latest version of MT4? If so, any proposed fixes?

Many thanks for any help!!

Rick

rhlclp:

Hi, All - new to the forum here as I'm on an MT4 demo right now with an EA system....I'm trying to trouble-shoot a trade issue with an EA trade on 1/6/13 that should have been executed, but it was never received by my trade servers at OANDA, where the practice account is. I need to get to the MT4 log file for that day, but I discovered I only have one log file for the demo and that was for the day I opened the demo account back in December, 2012. So the question is....with an MT4 demo account, does it NOT have log files because it's a demo or should it be running exactly like a live account and have daily log files, too? Or is there some other place besides the Journal tab where I might find log data. I've had a couple of instances of MT4 crashing indiscriminately so I'm trying to see if that was the problem....

Try looking in the  experts/logs  folder.

rhlclp:

Also, on the crashes...is that a recurring problem with the latest version of MT4? If so, any proposed fixes?

Many thanks for any help!!

Rick

Don't install mt4 in 'c:\program files' on windows7/vista. The logs are maybe redirected to the users virtual store in '%userprofile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files' due to UAC.

Reason: