MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 976

[Deleted]
I'm having annoying bug after 445 update. Everytime i run/restart the program the scale changes. This is very annoying because everytime i run mt4 i must rescale the chart. anybody having the same problem? any suggestion? thanks !
[Deleted]
Hello! if(Symbol() == "EURUSD" || "USDCAD")Alert("..."); leads to the error "|| - condition cannot be a string" How can I compare the chart to a  list of symbols? Thanks in advance!
[Deleted]
I was asked to do an update via Liveupdate a couple of days ago. Immediately after the download completed MT4 opened autotmatically with no problems but now I have tried to go back into it it won't open on my computer. If I try to reinstall MT4 it tells me that it is already open even though I...
Does anyone know of any programs to pre define range bars to an automtic tick count?
[Deleted]
Hi guys, first of all thank you very much for making this forum so alive and rich of informations..i`ve been learning a lot from all the gurus and moderators... now lets go to my problem... im trying to create a function that will return the value for my next order in this logic: lets not consider...
I have recently updated my (Alpari UK Demo) MT4 platform to the latest build 445 (9th Nov 2012). This is the build that has been upgraded to include the "Signals" tab and associated functionality. The previous build of MT4 would consume approx 20Mb of memory and CPU usage was minimal. This latest...
[Deleted]
I'm going to learn MQL4 and stumble just a problem to its solution I've found nothing. It's really only used it that at a certain interval (Sleep) a locally stored CSV file to be opened. This only works 1 time (according to print ()). int start() {   csv();   Sleep (5000);    }int csv() {      Print...
hi, i have an EA softwere. its work proper on demo accounts. but not the same live accounts. i dont have knowladge how to set or edit in this EA. so i want to setting of this EA. so please help me for it. thankyou.!! CONTACT: fx.70007@gmail.com thankyou 
[Deleted]
I am trying to download the MT4 terminal for my desktop, however on installation it requires me to enter proxy server settings. The problem is that I am using wireless internet connection on a usb modem and I cannot seem to find an address for these settings.
[Deleted]
  Ward 6  (779   1 2 3 4 5 ... 77 78)
Good day, colleagues. I will take the liberty of demonstrating here a trading system that was previously discussed by some of the authors as a perfect build, but was not completed in practice. It is a system that guarantees no losses and no profit. Let me briefly remind you the essence of the
how to backtest in mt4 since there are always missing past data in the data centre, even after you talk to your broker or download in the data centre. Is there any program in backtest in forex mt4 to help with cheap price, what is your opinion on this? Is there any program in forward test in forex...
[Deleted]
  help zigzag  (4)
Well I hope this time it is possible (even my previous posts :-)) I do some statistics with the zigzag indicator . results are correct but I have 2 things that I can not solve because my knowledge is too small. data are not updated regularly at every bar I do not know why. but my biggest problem is
Hey,  I've a short question. How can I define the level of the Stochastic Oscillator (Standard is 80 as the highest and 20 as the lowest)?  Usually I use this code: iStochastic(NULL, 0, 11, 3, 3, MODE_SMMA, 0, MODE_MAIN, 0);   But I don't know how to change to 80/20 setting to my own.    Cheers D...
[Deleted]
  variables on Fx  (2)
What are different variables on FX and what are their relations?
[Deleted]
Good afternoon. I wonder if it is possible to have the window of the indicator at the top of the graph? thank you for your help. cordially
[Deleted]
Hello Guys! Is it possible to send orders with a script started manually during a visual backtest? It works to draw lines with a manually started script during a backtest but when I want to place a limit order it does not. That would be nice to trade strategies without programming them in a backtest...
Is it possible to define  time moments, when EA opened pending order? It means, I want use this approach  for EA testing. I will see visually when order  was opened. So I need indicator to find order openings and amrk it, drawing line, f.e. Thanks
Hi I tried to recode someone elses volumeindicator but I am not able to acheive the result I want. What I want is for the volume histogram to show red lines when the pricebar is bearish and green when pricebar is bullish, gold for dojis would be nice too :) This would be a good visual aid. Would...
could someone add a magic number code to the 20/200 ea for me. I have a modified version I did but I am unsure how to add the magic number script to it. I can get it working on different currencies other then the E/U but when running 2 copies of the ea on the same MT4 they cancel each other and...
Hi,   I need help finding out the best way to store a series of extern variables to an array.  I need to produce the constant of each extern variable later using a loop.    How can I do that? 
[Deleted]
Is there a way to create expert advisors in Visual Studio ? I wish there was a plugin that allows syntax highlighting, debugging etc. I've found some libraries which allow coding expert advisors in C#, but it's not exactly MQL. If I choose to use C# for doing the job, which solution is the best ? So...
Simply use the cmd prompt in windows and create a junction link or symbolic link very easy: in the command prompt type:  mklink  "C:\MyOriginalFile.txt"   "C:\MyDestinationFile.txt" Make sure neither one of the files exist before hand. Once the link is created you can start using filewrite and...
[Deleted]
Hello. How to change pair through a program. example I am on a GBPUSD chart I run an EA or a SCRIPT and for example my GBPUSD chart happening directly in the EURUSD .or another pair of my choice. is that possible? Thank you for your help. Sorry for my English I'm French.
Hello: I need your help, When I put: PRINT (iClose(NULL,0,0), iLow(Null,0,0), iHigh(NULL,0,0), iOpen(NULL,0,0)), the result is the equal, iOpen(NULL,0,0). Why?. But when I put (iClose(NULL,0,1), iLow(Null,0,1), iHigh(NULL,0,1), iOpen(NULL,0,1)) the result is OK. The problem is with the parameter...
Im using a lot of them in my EA, and my chart gets really confusing because of that. Thanks in advance... 
HELLO ALL; I AM WORKING ON AN EA WHICH TAKES 1 PIPS PROFIT ($10)ON EURUSD 30 MIN CHART IF CANDLE MOVES 4 PIPS HIGHER. THEN IT PLACES TRADE ON 3RD PIP AND TAKES PROFIT ON 5TH PIP ELSE WHEN CLOSE[0]==OPEN[0].MY CODE BELOW IS NOT WORKING..PLEASE HELP  RESULTS ON BACKTEST ARE:- 1.1 2012.06.18 09...
[Deleted]
My EA sent order message 3 times. (each 10 lots, buy-position) But I have no buy-position yet. (Three order messages have already been sent, but no position in my account yet because of delay time)   Then, what is the OrdersTotal() in EA's viewpoint? Zero.. ?  (EA counts how many times the...
in order to test my ea ,i download history data from mt4 terminal , when i test it ,i find there are several problem with data 1/when use 30min timeframe ,the procession will terminate on 2010/11/20 ,means after that time  no data 2/when use h1 TF ,will terminate on 2011/3/25 , it is very...
Hello. I get an "Invalid ticket for OrderClose() function" (error 4051)  when I test my EA. Looking at the error codes I see that a parameter is invalid. Although I have a hunch it is OrderTicket() that is messing up, I have seen this parameter listed like it is in other codes. The OrderClose() code...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm learning mql4 and tried my first EA. I did a Backtesting. I found that my expert was sending a lot of orders at the same next bar once the buy/sell condition was given. The problem is that I programmed it to work with just one market order (i.e. system must be always buyed or selled)....