MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 535

My spelling sucks today!  :P Do you like to have indicators in the same window with your candlesticks/bars?  Or do like to have them in a separate windows to avoid "clutter"?  I'm writing a family of indicators and am stuck on this "philosophical" question.  (Again, bad spelling.).
Hello, I would like to know 'Multi Charts' is working perfect with 'Expert Advisors' (like DOM) and other 'Indicators' in a 'Chart'?  Can I set 2 different color 'BullCandle & BarUp'? (I do not mean you give me codes, but if you give me some good advice that would be better for me.) Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi guy! I run the strategy tester on EURUSD. I write an EA that uses the iCustom with symbol EURJPY. The result from the iCustom is 0.  So the strategy tester doesn't support  that ? If it's true.  Is there another way  to run strategy tester and get information from indicators on another currency?...
Hello, It is not a critical issue, but I'm a bit concerned about the future mainteinance of my code, and one thing I noticed is different from other languages (such as C) is the following. I think an example will be the easiest way to explain myself: Invalid MQL4 code: void OnStart() {    for (int i...
  Time to iCostum  (7)
hello, I should take the time to iCustom and Candle [1+i]. It might go like this? The code does not return errors but are not sure datetime Candela1(int s)  {   int i= 0;      double Candela=0;   datetime time=0;            Candela= Close[i];                  if(Candela!=0.0&&time==0)...
[Deleted]
  AUTO TRADING  (1)
How do i go about auto-trading as i am new and have no trading experience ?
[Deleted]
  Fisher Indicator  (16   1 2)
Hi all, Maybe i am out of topic but i'm sure that this is the place where i can find an answer. I try to test Indicator Fisher with EA. The EA is: if fisher bar2 is red, the fisher bar1 is green and the fisher bar0 becomes grater than zero open buy (immediately when the bar0 becomes greater than...
  MA_Shift  (1)
Hi everyone, can someone of you enlighten me about the MA_Shift on iMA. I dont have any idea. Thanks..
Hi to you all in the forum, I am now experimenting and studying mql5 for several months and despite a lot of research I could not find an example for my problem. The trading idea is that a buy signal occurs if one of two moving average signals are positive and the RSI has first fallen below 30, then...
Hello, I want my EA to be executed on every tick and, if there is no new tick for several seconds, to be executed every xxx ms (for example 500ms). What is the best way to code this in MQL? Thanks in advance!
[Deleted]
  Set an alert  (1)
Hello, I have a problem and really hope someone can help me there. I have an indicator but I just have the ex4 file. Actually I ask the guy who did the indicator but he send me the mq4 of the second version of the indicator and I prefer the first one (he erase the first mq4). So, this indicator pop
Hello everyone, I have an EA that has 1 button on it (for convenience instead of changing EA settings). That button shows whether EA is ready to send a trade at some conditions, or will ignore those conditions, and I can press it so changing this status. so ea operated partially manually. Everything...
Hi all, I have a quite reliable indicator (not the souce code) that is displaying alerts for buy/sell and buy close / sell close. I would like to write an EA that can use those alerts generated by this indicator to apply buy or sell based on the alert. Can somebody help me ???? Thanks in advance...
I wrote the following script... I expect that when i drop this script in the chart a input window will open to allow me to enter the value at run time - This is not happening. Please assist extern double ovalue1=1.5;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Script...
  Something really weird 2  (15   1 2)
Hi gurus, I have an indicator that uses Symbol() for determining the instrument (there isn't hard coded instrument, just Symbol()). I load the indicator say on EURUSD chart and save it as a template. After I load this template say on USDCHF chart. And here is the surprise: the indicator works based...
Hello, I want mql4 code to set and password to protect my EA from stopping,if someone want to stop the running of EA, i want a windows which want user password. if the password match then it stop work otherwise not. Please help me to give such code
Hi Is it possible to change MT4 user password by coding in an EA? Basically I wanted to force close MT4 if certain percentage of loss for the day occurred. thanks Richo
[Deleted]
Hi all, I wanted to create a singleton (OO design pattern) class and wrote the following code. However, I'm getting an unresolved static variable pool error while compiling. Any suggestions how to fix it? class Pool {   private:      static Pool* pool;      Pool (void) {      }      public:...
Hi Guys, i have a Problem with my MT4, i want to show shapes in my toolbar, but i cant take it in the " customize toolbar " window. Can someone help me? This is not helpfulll for me: http://www.metatrader5.com/en/metaeditor/help/interface/toolbar/toolbar_customize Thank you
great scalping expert advisor did+1000% in less then 3 days , this ea is good in normal market conditions but need to be stopped in violent price movements like high impact news    <Deleted>
Hi to everybody, I have created a template in my mt4. This template loads my treading system into the mt4. I want to set a license password or a anti hack container for this template. My purpose is to sell it under license. Can you please help me ? I haven't found a good programmer that would help...
[Deleted]
  Bar Index Help  (25   1 2 3)
Hello Members,  Need little bit help on coding logic. Here is the details: if Bar creates higher higher, higher low 1st Bar from where it created higher higher, I want to store it index number. Then finally when market no more creates higher higher, I use iLowest() with that index & current index to...
  Gator error  (2)
Can someone please tell me why this: void OnStart()  {   double LipsCurrent=iGator(Symbol(),0,13,8,8,5,5,3,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,MODE_GATORLIPS,4);   double TeethCurrent=iGator(Symbol(),0,13,8,8,5,5,3,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,MODE_GATORTEETH,4);   double JawsCurrent=iGator(Symbol(),0,13,8,8,5,5,3...
As if the effort to enable auto trading is not enough I am not so comfortable to enable live trading all the time. How can I  make my EA to enable live trading as soon as I enable auto trading? Thank you in advance. I can see something like IsTradeAllowed, but not something like IsTradeEnabled. I...
Hi to you all in the forum, I am now experimenting and studying mql5 for several monthsand despite a lot of research I could not find an example for my problem. The trading idea is that a buy signal occurs if one of twomoving average signals are positive and the RSI has first fallen below 30,...
You might wonder why only pending orders and not open orders. You see, it is easy to add tp and sl to open orders by simply executing alt + drag on the price line, but not on pending orders. Once executed on pending order, it will instead change the open price of the pending orders (what a user...
Please is there a chart event for clicking on a pending order, such as CHARTEVENT_ORDER_CLICK? Thank you.
I run my EA om gmt time settings. but when i do backtest, eatakes local/server time? what could be the issue? Is forward tests will work on GMT time? datetime GMTDay = TimeGMT();    int hour0 = TimeHour(GMTDay);    int minute0 = TimeMinute(GMTDay);    if (DayOfWeek() != Today && hour0 == 1 &&...
Hi, (preliminary comment: absolutely no line of code was changed during the following procedures!!) I wrote in OOP a simple ema based on M1 for which I can define its TF and its paints it ema lines on the chart. Here you see TF of the ema and the chart = 60 (h1): As you can see quite the same :) Red...
[Deleted]
by the way i mada this image with photoshop :D :D