MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 528

As written in the title I try some ideas, to write an EA that gives me the take profit with a red or green candle without taking into cosider the pips. For example PUT signal: sent over the order with my condition and if the candle closes RED are GAIN, and I reached the Take Profit, otherwise I...
Hi Guys, I am trying to add some code to my EA so that it only has one trade open per currency pair at a time. I found this code online and tried it but I'm now getting the following errors:   Could anyone possibly give me advice on how to resolve this issue? void OnTick()               {      int...
I am hoping you can help me witha simple coding issue (I just think I'm to close to the problem). I am tryingto use a Custom Function to do simulated trading and if the simulated marketorder is a WINNER or LOSER will determine if my EA places trades, etc. My problem is storing the valueof the...
Hi....If I draw a horizontal line on a weekly chart (S/R) how do I get that line to display on a daily chart and so on done to an hourly per say? Thanks you
  Huge Chart Discrepancy  (27   1 2 3)
Hello all! I have just realised this discrepancy on my chart On the CadChf Chart , I have plotted a Trendline on the WEEKLY time frame (Picture 1). And it shows that price has Touched and Crossed the Trendline. However, when I go down on the DAILY time frame (Picture 2), the Candlesticks/Price did
  Newbie / Learning - # and ;  (18   1 2)
Hi all, I'm very new to MQL4 and have no C or C++ knowledge. I do know a fair bit of VBA. I have 2 questions on MQL4: 1) What is # used for? I saw some examples and it seemed like comments to me. Is it the same as //? 2) Does all codes in MQL4 ends with ;? (semicolon). Thanks in advance!
This subject has been on my mind for a while now.   Example I have a EA installed on different MT terminals and different currency pairs with the same broker and same account.   MT4 terminal 1 EURUSD - EA magic number - 1 GBPUSD  - EA magic number - 2   MT4 terminal 2 USDJPY - EA magic number - 3...
Hi, Does anyone know a script (or is it otherwise possible) to move multiple charts along the time axis? I do not want to have multiple charts in one windows but each chart is in a different window. Now when I drag chart A along the time axis then I want also that the other charts are moved to the...
Hello Developers   i have custom indicator and i want to use H2 time frame values of this Custom indicator. can i do this if Yes the How. and what the disadvantage of Non Standard Time Frames of Mt4 i will be very thankful to you if you quickly Response Regards Muhammad Mudasir
Hello everyone!I'm trying to read all the signals in the historic of my Buffer and I wrote this code: //+------------------------------------+ //| MyIndicator()                      | //+------------------------------------+ datetime MyIndicator(int y,int j)   {    int k=0;    double MyIndicator0=0;...
Hello, How can one create an MQL4 function that accepts a parameter that is an array whose elements' datatype is unknown, such as MQL4's built-in ArraySize function? https://docs.mql4.com/array/arraysize int  ArraySize(    const void&  array[]    // checked array    );  The ArraySize function is...
[Deleted]
Dear all, I need help to code an ea that checks the same conditions to open and close trades on as many symbols as it can from the symbols that the broker is dealing in, without opening their charts. any help on a code that returns " Symbol" and adds it tho the Ordersend.it is a try to run the ea
Hi All, I am new in programming and hope to get some help. I've create a simple indicator and uses iCustom in EA, and it works.  Indicator for testing purposes //---- input parameters extern int ADXPeriod=28; //---- buffers double abc[];...
It's possible? Please, I really need your help. 
Hello all. When solving one technical problem (arbitrage has nothing to do with it, it is only necessary for explanatory purposes) I needed to understand how EURUSD exchange rates of one and the same base pair, calculated using corresponding crosses, correspond to each other. In the columns from
You can use the iHighest () function to find the maximum level of CCI, in a number of candles?
Hi, I've been woring on an ea with a SL function that is set after a period of time has elapsed AND an amount of pips profit it cleared.. it works for OrderModify OP=BUY but not for OP=SELL, I think I'm just missing something simple but cant seem to grasp what it is.. anyhow, here's the code;...
Hello, (first at all sorry for my not so correct English) I'm using th function FileOpen and FileWrite like this codes:   int filehandle=FileOpen("datosbloque2.csv",FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV,"\t\r"); //  FILE datosbloque2.CSV          if(filehandle!=INVALID_HANDLE)          {...
[Deleted]
Hi Could anyone tell me why when I run the below in MT4 back testing, the EntryLevel and MA10 values are 0? When I attach the EA to the live chart, and I check the journal, it contains the correct values for EntryLevel and MA10, but when trying to back-test, it prints 0. It also contains the...
  Trailing Stop  (5)
Could someone explain how does trailing stop works in MT4? Mt4 provides minimum value as 30 points as trailing stop. What does it mean if the value is set for EURUSD at 1.07612, at what value will the sell trigger? Similarly for USDJPY it is set at 113.123 then at what value will it be sold?
I'm in a bit of confusion after looking through previous articles on encrypting MQL4 code... because it seems that many of the 'solutions' are susceptible to being cracked very easily by decompilers that are easily acquired.  My aim is to have my work not susceptible to being cracked by a decompiler...
when manual trading on mt4 you have to enter the amount of lots you wont to trade , is there a way I can get mt4 to automatically calculate the max amount of lots I can trade
using the command #resource "Indicators \\ \\ myIndicator.ex4" and the code for inclusion in custom ( ) , iCustom ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , "::Indicators\\myIndicator.ex4" , 0 ) you can in the choice of the external parameter file .ex4
[Help] SetLevelValue() - Switching To Other Time-frame Showing Unnecessary Lines/Maybe Lines in Previous Time-frame. This is bug in SetLevelValue(). If I switch to other time-frame there's an additional lines that appearing. For example: From M15 to D1 time-frame I see some lines from M15 that...
[Deleted]
Anyone else having issues with EA's not loading unable to attach to chart?  I have V4 Build 1010 on Windows 10 (which did an update yesterday) and TrueTrend has gone all weird and none of my EA's will load.   Is this an MT4 problem or a Windows issue? Windows version is 1607 (OS Build 14393.187)....
Does this MT4 platform only run Forex ?  If not, would be grateful for advice as to how to add indices. Thanks  
Hi alltogether, I have a problem with the function Symbolselect (Symbol(),true): it always returns wrong!   I'm using a specially installed Metatrader 4 without any broker connection because I solely want to backtest my strategies here with well defined history data. I do not want to pollute these...
[Deleted]
  MT4 Backtesting 'Issue' ?  (13   1 2)
Hi I wonder whether someone could help me.  I have written, what I consider to be a very simple EA but when trying to back-test this EA using MT4, the backtester seems to work for a few trades and then 'stops' (by running to the end without placing any further trades). It is almost like it runs out...
How to execute trade at the :00 minute of every hour? i.e. 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm when conditions are met.
Hello everyone! Unfortunately the while loop you just can not make it work. I would like to run this code. the RSI to candle 1 must be above level 50, now start the while loop that will search the first candle back in the graph is below the level 30. But the desired result is not correct, where am...