MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 537

Hello.   I have recently started to have a problem with my scripts.     I am currently running a script that lets you open several trades at once on multiple currency pairs.   I have enabled autotrading everywhere and when I try to run the script no trades open.   I get no error in the journal tab...
Hi, I wish someone can help me on this. I have come across a free 'Pattern Recognition' Indicator in the MT4 market, which draws a rectangle around the candle pattern. However this rectangle is not filled and its outline didn't overwrite the candle's shadow lines. Like in following diagram. I...
[Deleted]
I have this news indicator I am calling from an EA, but occasionally it throws an error 5004 cant open xml file, yet the xml file does indeed exist. It will go days working and then all of a sudden something happens and it throws this error. Anything in this indicator code that may be a culprit?
Guys I trade Correlation Hedge, but my Correlation result aren't the same as the big companies such as myfxbook, and oanda! Does that mean the amount of closing data I have I not enough! I use the closing data of 15 minutes, (because I trade 15m timeframe) and I use just the last 24 bars/candles. Is...
I am currently experimenting conditional loops and came across a problem which I need some help solving it. Please see below my codes.  Does MQL4 has a built in function called COUNT ?  So I can do something like count(i), which returns the amount of integers that passes the condition. // get a...
  Moving avrage  (2)
Hi How can i know the moving average of last 55 candles??? tanq
  Error 4055 ????  (7)
what is the 4055 Error in OrderSend in mql4??? please answer fast!!! 
  Hex to color ???  (7)
Hi, I am building a colour scheme for me and I was using this to get the Hex-code of e.g. yellow 0xFFFF00: But if I use this in mql4 I get clrAqua (light blue): Comment("Clr-Schemes: "+ColorToString(0xFFFF00,true)+"\n") Of course the displayed objects are in clrAqua but not yellow? Does anybody...
[Deleted]
  plot and study news on chart  (17   1 2)
My goal was to plot previous news on the chart for unlimited period, as well as the current week's news. Indicator forex_ news_market_clock.mq4 ( https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10459 ) only plots news for limited current week, because dailyFX has only current week file in the url directory http://www...
  one trade a day  (21   1 2 3)
Plz tell me why doesnt it work. I mean if there is opened trade in today, dont open any until next day. bool OneTradeAday(){if (OrderSelect(0, SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY)==False)                           return(True);                    if (OrderSelect(0, SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY)==True...
How can I view all my topics, or all my questions per say? Thank you in advance.
Hi, I'm new to MQL and would like to know if this is the correct way to import my dll. THe function coded in C++ is... bool UnicodeToAscii(const wchar_t * szUnicode, char * szAscii) And my import declaration in MQL4 is... #import "Analytical.dll"bool UnicodeToAscii(const string szUnicode, char...
Hi, MT4 Android have red marking besides those currencies to indicate it is currently trading, but Iphone MT4 do not have. Anyway to enable it for Iphone? As you can see from the picture, there is a red triangular marking at the left hand upper corner of the currency (AUDCAD) that is currently...
[Deleted]
Hi guys and gals, when i test my ea on a ceratin time (strategytester) it works perfect. But if iincrease the timezone to be tested (e.g. instead of 2004-2005 to 2004-2006) itsomehow doesn't work anymore and i get this error ("TestGenerator: Write fileerror") (btw: i did all backtests on the "every...
How to put Label In-front of Buffer Value in Upper-Left Corner of Sub-Window with different colors? 
1.- OrderSend --> OP_BUYLIMIT (after certain conditions are met blah blah blah) EVERYTHING OK. 2.- Problem comes with OrderDelete() for this limit order, I discover huge flood of ERROR 3 (Invalid trade parameters ) when it try to delete that limit order. 3.- I have "break" after print error so it
My spelling sucks today!  :P Do you like to have indicators in the same window with your candlesticks/bars?  Or do like to have them in a separate windows to avoid "clutter"?  I'm writing a family of indicators and am stuck on this "philosophical" question.  (Again, bad spelling.).
Hello, I would like to know 'Multi Charts' is working perfect with 'Expert Advisors' (like DOM) and other 'Indicators' in a 'Chart'?  Can I set 2 different color 'BullCandle & BarUp'? (I do not mean you give me codes, but if you give me some good advice that would be better for me.) Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi guy! I run the strategy tester on EURUSD. I write an EA that uses the iCustom with symbol EURJPY. The result from the iCustom is 0.  So the strategy tester doesn't support  that ? If it's true.  Is there another way  to run strategy tester and get information from indicators on another currency?...
Hello, It is not a critical issue, but I'm a bit concerned about the future mainteinance of my code, and one thing I noticed is different from other languages (such as C) is the following. I think an example will be the easiest way to explain myself: Invalid MQL4 code: void OnStart() {    for (int i...
  Time to iCostum  (7)
hello, I should take the time to iCustom and Candle [1+i]. It might go like this? The code does not return errors but are not sure datetime Candela1(int s)  {   int i= 0;      double Candela=0;   datetime time=0;            Candela= Close[i];                  if(Candela!=0.0&&time==0)...
[Deleted]
  AUTO TRADING  (1)
How do i go about auto-trading as i am new and have no trading experience ?
[Deleted]
  Fisher Indicator  (16   1 2)
Hi all, Maybe i am out of topic but i'm sure that this is the place where i can find an answer. I try to test Indicator Fisher with EA. The EA is: if fisher bar2 is red, the fisher bar1 is green and the fisher bar0 becomes grater than zero open buy (immediately when the bar0 becomes greater than...
  MA_Shift  (1)
Hi everyone, can someone of you enlighten me about the MA_Shift on iMA. I dont have any idea. Thanks..
Hi to you all in the forum, I am now experimenting and studying mql5 for several months and despite a lot of research I could not find an example for my problem. The trading idea is that a buy signal occurs if one of two moving average signals are positive and the RSI has first fallen below 30, then...
Hello, I want my EA to be executed on every tick and, if there is no new tick for several seconds, to be executed every xxx ms (for example 500ms). What is the best way to code this in MQL? Thanks in advance!
[Deleted]
  Set an alert  (1)
Hello, I have a problem and really hope someone can help me there. I have an indicator but I just have the ex4 file. Actually I ask the guy who did the indicator but he send me the mq4 of the second version of the indicator and I prefer the first one (he erase the first mq4). So, this indicator pop
Hello everyone, I have an EA that has 1 button on it (for convenience instead of changing EA settings). That button shows whether EA is ready to send a trade at some conditions, or will ignore those conditions, and I can press it so changing this status. so ea operated partially manually. Everything...
Hi all, I have a quite reliable indicator (not the souce code) that is displaying alerts for buy/sell and buy close / sell close. I would like to write an EA that can use those alerts generated by this indicator to apply buy or sell based on the alert. Can somebody help me ???? Thanks in advance...
I wrote the following script... I expect that when i drop this script in the chart a input window will open to allow me to enter the value at run time - This is not happening. Please assist extern double ovalue1=1.5;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Script...