MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 537

The new version of MetaTrader 4 Android features a free built-in chat enabling traders to chat with other MQL5.community members. Specify the desired user's login in a message recipient's section to send a message directly to this user's mobile device. The built-in chat allows you...
I created my indicator then run it but how can I change the input setting? I use extern for MA_Method and Period. Where to find the setting for extern? I want to change it when my indicator is running. If I use the built-in indicator the input setting is easy to change: You have to click the...
Hi all! I was opening new charts and got to a point where it does not open a new chart. How do i increase this limit? thank you! I actually reached this limit because for every pair/instrument, i open 2 of the same chart as i want to have 20 & 50 MA and another with 20 & 50 EMA, instead of...
[Deleted]
How do I call this indicator to return the color (red/green) of the volume of the current bar?
[Deleted]
extern int MagicNumber=1111;extern double Lots =0.05;extern double StopLoss=100;extern double TakeProfit=100;extern int TrailingStop=0;extern int Slippage=3;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//    expert start...
Hello there my EA seems to put double the trades when I put it on a DEMO account. (they are entry orders) Does anyone has an idea what could it be? Thank you Luis
Hello , I have a doubt about the back test . I am checking my indicator that points out the candles , making a back test would merely truthfully or I could find a chart with candles position that does not match up with reality ? Another doubt , if you increase the speed of the back test execution
Hello, While I try to compile the mq4 file, I receive various errors. I attach the corresponding txt file 'research 5 - chart 2 red lines ETI.txt'. I looked up on compiling errors, but could not see an answer.  I have following errors and warnings: * 'ObjectCreate' - variable expected (11, 6)...
How to reset the default value of Global Variable Array inside the function? I use global array to used it in many function but I want to reset it first before using it because I used the global array in different function. bool x[] = {NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL};void aaa(){    x[] =...
Can you please help with this. This indicator has no errors on metaeditor yet when I try adding it to metatrader it doesnt connect.//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                MA_In_Color.mq4...
[Deleted]
Looking to see if theres a irc channel or any chat room for mql programming.
I'm trying to code an indicator that displays a histogram of each hour in the past based of a candlestick's high and close. For example it calculates whether each specific hour in the day has been bearish or bullish based of the past data. For example..   Each bar in the histogram represents each...
If I have two points with two different times can I know the time difference in minutes?  
[Deleted]
All,  I have write a EA for test, it imports some functions from another DLL, but I could not do the back test, it always said 'the DLL is not allowed', e.g. "2016.10.15 10:28:09.389 2016.09.01 00:00  Cannot call 'ConsoleApplication2.dll::InitPipe', DLL is not allowed.' But, how can I allow the DLL...
Where the best place to put the global variables? Inside init(){...} or outside the function?? My variables will used in many functions repeatedly.  I want to know the best way and efficiently to create indicator. 
I found BUG in Nested if - else if - else if - else. I can't declare same variable name in other blocks. According to MQL4 documentation: A variable declared inside a block (part of code enclosed in curly brackets) belongs to the local scope. Such a variable is not visible (and therefore not
void OnStart()  {   double Lots=((1860.03*1.0/100)/(114.542-114.511))/(0.87/0.001);   double NormLotsRound=MathRound(Lots/0.01)*0.01;   double NormLotsDouble=NormalizeDouble(Lots,2);   Print("Lots is, ",Lots);   Print("MathRound(Lots/0.01) is, ",MathRound(Lots/0.01));   Print("Lots with MathRound,...
Hello, I have an EA. I want to insert security code in it. I want to do that the EA works till specific dat and time. Forexample; I want that the EA works till Oct 15, 15:30 pm. Secondly, I want to hide my EA's code. Can you help me, please? Finally, I want tthat the EA works for specific parity....
Is it safe to buy EA from folks you do not really know ? Can the EA that you buy from some one else online be used to hack into your PC ? Regards
The most interesting figures at the Strategy Tester Report are imho Total net result and Relative drawdown. Both figures will be greatly dependant on the choosen Order size. Another valid statement is that the rate between Order size and Account balance together with the Relative drawdown will...
[Deleted]
Hello, I write an Expert Advisors program that stores the Indicator values iEnvelopes, iBands and iMA in an Array. Unfortunately, the program doesn't work. No prices are stored in the Array. What must I do? extern int SMA_Period = 4;extern int SMA_Shift = 0;extern int SMA_Method = 0;double...
How to get the current bar color? Is there any function() for this task?  I have an idea to know the current bar color. Comparing if the open price is greater than closing price/current price then it means that current bar is red. Do you think my idea is correct?
As title says, i'm having some problem placing BUYSTOP/SELLSTOP order sometimes, i get Error 130 (ERR_INVALID_STOPS), probably related to MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_STOPLEVEL).   My broker return 0 as value from MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_STOPLEVEL), i tried to correct the OrderSend price adjusting it...
Hi comrades, how can I continue writing on the next line (similar to pressing the 'enter key' on a keyboard) on the label of a button I have created? Thank you for you in advance?
Hi all Been searching around the forum looking for references in regard to when to use "for - count down" vs "for - count up" statements. I use the following code to check open orders in my bot int orders_total = OrdersTotal (); for ( int pos = orders_total- 1 ; pos>= 0 ; pos--) { if
Hi Guys So I have a strategy that I have been using in Mexcel, but I want to be able to backtest it on Metatrader. Only problem is that I have no prior experience in MQL4. The idea of my strategy is to use the 15min, 30min, and 1 hr timeframes (i will write the strategy and laymans terms but I have...
Hello everyone, I should add in the Alert pop-up, the value of a variable double , but as I wrote the code is not good. #include <stdlib.mqh>#include <stderror.mqh>//--- indicator settings#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property indicator_type1 DRAW_ARROW#property...
Hi, Sorry for my poor skills with programming. I have a volume indicator and based on this indicator I would like two arrows to show up. Code for my arrows indicators is shown below which I have taken from this link. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7332 #property  indicator_chart_window#property...
[Deleted]
new to meta trader so bear with me.  I am writing an EA - what I want to do is detect a bar change in the Fisher_Yur4ik indicator. Does anyone know how to do this? If so could you supply me with a code sample?   Thanks in advance!    
Hi, I have lost the last week (02/10/2016 - 07/10/2016) download of the calendar news from ForexFactory.com. If someone can upload it here it will be great. Thanks in advance.