MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 541

EA automated test can find valid data from June 2004 to begin testing in September to 16 years, the average annual income is 1.5 times more stable funding. I tested the 10,000 fixed investment funds, the number of annual fixed starting hand, have tested a total of 12 and a half years after the total...
[Deleted]
  Alerts using Mt4  (1)
Hi, Since yahoo and google have updated their security I am unable to send price alerts to my email address ? has any one else had this issue or can any help me with this problem. Thank you Martin .P   
[Deleted]
Hello fellow coders! I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I am looking for an indicator using Moving Averages to evaluate a currency pairs trending/ranging conditions. It uses 7 currency pairs - USD/JPY, USD/CAD, USD/CHF, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, NZD/USD, AUD/USD. Evaluates...
  Analyzing Bars backwards in EA  (30   1 2 3)
Hello Everyone, This could be a really silly question but I really couldn't find the way to do it. I am trying to create an EA. after analyzing some bars, it decides to open and order or not. Let's say it opens an order. somehow if my EA stops or metatrader shuts down, when I reopened it, I want to
Hi guys, I have a couple of running trades on one instrument. Now I move the stoploss of one order closer to the current price by dragging the stoploss line in the chart. An EA should notice that and change all other stoplosses to the same stoploss price. Because there is no event for modifying an...
First post here, so sorry if this has been covered.    I am attempting to use the EA optimizer with mixed results. It constantly just hangs, sometimes produces 2-3 results, or none at all.  I have a relatively powerful computer, but still nothing. I'm doing a trade that occurs once a week at a set...
Hi there, I am looking for a MEGA GOOD MT4 Programmer. Interested parties can contact me over at - <email removed > i assure you that you will not be disappointed. Thank you and regards
Hi,  I installed MT4 on my PC and my problem is that the custom indicator folder is missing from the navigator window. In all the tutorials that I saw it always exists in the navigator window next to the Indicator folder.   I tried to install MT4 from different places on different computers but...
  Error in strategy tester  (11   1 2)
So I run this code in strategy tester   //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                        Bobs Magic Boxes v4.2.mq4 |//|                        Copyright 2016, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|...
Last month I traded the GBPJPY & USDJPY, it was soo volatile, I normally wait 10 minutes or less to take profit (20). But now the market is really flat it takes me 8- 10 hours just to pass  that same 20 pips mark. Every single pair is acting like this even the Exotic ones. What can be the problem?...
[Deleted]
  Question: Bolinger bands  (15   1 2)
Hi all,Need a little assistance with the below function that for some reason doesn't working for me:extern double VolKatan = 3;bool CheckVolKatan(){double CurrentVol = iBands(NULL,0,20,2,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,0);double PrevVol = iBands(NULL,0,20,2,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,1);return...
  Icustom Values  (5)
Hi just a quick query regarding values for icustom. I tried to check if I was getting the correct values for icustom by using alert function on my indicator. The alerts on my indicator and prints from my ea match up but the data on the data window is different from both so I am not sure if my...
Hi,   I have an indicator, and part of the code draws trend lines on the chart. There are roughly 200 of these lines on each chart, and i have 12 charts running at once. When I change timeframes, obviously all the trend lines need to be redraw, and with 12 charts open it its very sluggish.   Is...
Hello guys, I've tried to do some statistics/testing with EA and write it out into file but file always end up empty.  Here is the opening and writing the info into it - it opens the file but does not write anything into it, what's the problem? int OnInit(){   ZeroMemory(TouchCount);...
[Deleted]
hey, I am a beginner with mql4, and I am trying to develope an ea. I have written a code that sometimes enters a trade and sometime don't. when it doesn't enter a trade, the code specifies "130 error" i.e. Invalid stops . is it possible that the stops are invalid due to the fact that the spread is
[Deleted]
Hi All, I am working on an Indicator that shows the Prof/Loss on the chart as a line, as well as, the highest value of the PL going back to the beginning of the chart. I wrote it in Metastock and have pasted a pick of the chart example. I'm not very good at MQL4, but have included the code that I've...
hello to everyone, you can place in the while loop a false condition and when it is true I get out of the loop. I need the while loop but I have to get out of the cycle only when the condition is true. I have to increase the N2 and N3 values of 1, until the loop condition becomes true thank you...
how do you write that?
Dear friends, I am trying to decode the encrypted data that is stored in a file.  While doing so, I am getting 4029 ERR_ARRAY_INVALID.  I tried to solve it,  but not able to do so.  Can any one find the problem in this code.  if(FileIsExist("Mytext.txt",0)){       ResetLastError();       int...
All,   I'm having a problem with iCustom indicators.  They work when I debug, and they work in live trading with a demo account, but when backtesting they return the EMPTY_VALUE or they return "0" when I SetIndexEmptyValue(0,0).   Here is how I'm calling them:   priceSignalCurrent=iCustom(NULL,0...
Hello, Is it really true that there are nothing script related in MQL4 which allow one to read the ListView content from the Terminal View Experts log. There is a Print("Write something"); with the intention to add information to the Experts log from an EA, but as far as I can see there is nothing...
Hi, how can I detect in my programm if it is running on a 4k display or on a normal pc?
[Deleted]
Hello everybody ,, I'm a newbie in the field of Expert programming ,, and i'm trying to make an expert based on ichimoku indicator ,, but i have a problem when i put some conditions (if statement) ... for example entry buy order when the Close[2] < kijun line and Close[1] > kijun line ... but i...
[Deleted]
Simple task. I have an array that simply takes the percent change from the previous tick. Then I want a histogram to show if the current tick is higher than the last. When I apply ArraySetAsSeries() it doesn't even work. I have placed it in multiple spots in the code and it either doesn't do
I've been getting the Undeclared Identifier error on iClose , iOpen, iHigh and iLow, and I have no idea how to fix this. for example in this: int HighestCloseBarBefore = iHighest(NULL,PERIOD_H4,MODE_CLOSE,RoomCandles,(a+1)); int HighestCloseBarAfter =
Dear All,   Can I use the expression as below? Meaning can I use || the OR operaror in the expression? while ((PA<=20 && PA>0) || (PA>=-20 && PA<0)) .........  .......   Thanks 
[Deleted]
Hi; https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/58097...d1-fxglobe-ltd Please refer to above link. Is there any way in mt4 to show entry, SL, and TP labels on the right side of chart instead of on the left side? Thanks for any and all feedback.
Does anyone know if it is possible to create objects on the chart that are proportional to the chart screen size....? ie. If I have a rectangle eg. H=20 W=100 when my chart is "Full Screen"... those rectangle stats become H= 10 W=50 when the chart size is minimized to half the full screen... If...
Are there any plans to remove the rounded corners of chart windows and bring the design in line with Windows 10? Also, will the iPad version of MT4 be updated any time to allow a black background
I am new to MQL4 and have been trying to solve the following problem all day. Currently the code below will buy when the indicator raises up above -40 from below. However, I cannot get it to close that same order when it raises above +40. (The same is true of the sell signal in the opposite...