Any efficient way to back test an indicator on past selected dates?

Hello Members,

I try to backtest an indicator on past selected days for example 22nd August 2001 for GBPUSD.

I have GBPUSD full year of data for 2001. I imported it manually in history center. It loaded perfectly. Now the problem is when I back test it with an indicator on that selected date. Indicator is not plotting any trend lines.

Rather it plot trend lines on wrong date 1970 with wrong value. How to solve this issue?

Is there any efficient way of doing it?

Regards

Fix the code.

Marco vd Heijden:
Fix the code.

Is it really the coding problem as the same indicator works for other past dates too, like EURUSD. 

Or its the database issue with history center? 

Somsri Sarkar:

Hello Members,

I try to backtest an indicator on past selected days for example 22nd August 2001 for GBPUSD.

I have GBPUSD full year of data for 2001. I imported it manually in history center. It loaded perfectly. Now the problem is when I back test it with an indicator on that selected date. Indicator is not plotting any trend lines.

Rather it plot trend lines on wrong date 1970 with wrong value. How to solve this issue?

Is there any efficient way of doing it?

Regards

datetime 0 = 00:00:00 on 01 January 1970

Also worth checking that your downloaded data is correct. 

1. How should we know? We can't see your broken code.
  2. You say you have "full year of data for 2001". All time frames below your chart's? So the tester can simulate ticks?

Do your 2001 candles have a 1970 timestamp in history center?

Or is your indicator unable to extract time data from the feed?

Thank you all for your reply. All of you are correct about the 3rd party data.  Free data available online is not always reliable. 

So what I did is deleted all & then downloaded data from history center & restarted the terminal now everything works fine!

Thank you again.

Regards

Reason: