MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 531

Hello,  I am a software developer who is considering creating a piece of software for MetaTrader4 and MetaTrader5. I am trying to determine if I can save programming time by focusing only MetaTrader4 Build 600 and above, or if I need to worry about Pre-Build 600 users of MetaTrader4. Are there still...
  MQL4 coding  (1)
Hi im somewhat new to coding and reached a problem using void ontick() .   Before it was simply int Start() , but i want the EA to recalculate after each tick, therefor ontick seems perfect, however, the return(0) operation is now returning an error of " 'return' - 'void' function returns a value ",...
  mt4 - Period - Issue  (13   1 2)
Hello, #'Period H1' - Issue Open I has been put below code in my indicator, but I am not sure below code is good or what? So please Pro Coders let me know about it. int start() {     if ( Period() >= PERIOD_M30 ) return(0); // this code at the top } Thanks. 
New installed Terminal.exe not starting in Windows 7 (x86 32bit) on VirtualBox . I tried different VirtualBox versions: 5.1 and 4.3 I tried installing Win7 from different .iso I tried installing MT4 from different sources The problem is always the same: Faulting application name: terminal.exe
hi  ,  I need help to fix this code , every time I get this Error : Array Out of range  This Code is to print  : Pairs   RSI value                            eg.     EURUSD   33.5  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------   int X_Shift,Y_Shift;   X_Shift=200;...
Hello, I am very new to MT4. I had a trade running, but I switched accounts from live to demo, and when I returned to live, the trade was no longer active. I am currently trading in very small amounts so that mistakes are virtually painless, so it wasn't a big deal. Is this the way MT4 behaves? Does...
I'm not sure why, but here's the code:    double myLot=1.07;    int Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),                         OP_SELLSTOP,                         myLot,                         NormalizeDouble(Close[1]-(30*_Point),_Digits),                         0,...
[Indicator] What are the cause of this vertical lines in main chart? I tried to put the indicator lines in main chart but I don't understand why this happen.  
  Backtest help  (2)
Hi, I'm quite new with mt4 and I'm looking for a way to control history data. What I want is go to a past date and move period by period like a live chart with indicators, graphical tool,... but where I choose when add the next periods. What I want to test need subjective choices so I need to move
My indicator is supposed to draw lines from and to bars in the M1 timeframe, which it does fine using the Time[] arrays etc. However, I'd like to view the same lines when switching to a higher timeframe, say, M5. Instead, my indicator will deinit and init again, when switching timeframes, redrawing...
  Arráy help  (7)
My array dont work for lots   help me please  //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //                        DO NOT DELETE THIS HEADER //             DELETING THIS HEADER IS COPYRIGHT INFRIGMENT // //                   Copyright ©2011, ForexEAdvisor.com...
I am trying to debug EA code in MQL4 and I can only debug on the real time data. The option to do debugging on the historical data is disabled (Under Debug / Start on History Data). Does anyone know how I can get historical data in the Meta Editor?
I have hunted hi and lo, but I cannot find anywhere that can guide me in how to programatically pull off a chart the MA value of a manually added MA.  I can easily get it if I know what the period etc is just using the iMA function, but how can you search a chart for MAs and then check their current...
[Deleted]
The following EA is from the "Simple Expert Advisor" section of the book. By downloading the tradingexpert.mq4 program from the book, and running it in my MetaEditor, I can compile it without errors . However, when I tried typing out the tradingexpert.mq4 file, I get 2 error messages:- ..... these...
Hi guys ;) i made a greate indicator for Binary Options. is it possible to connect the mt4 with a website like 24option.com . if i got a signal, i want that the mt4 make a option via a web-browser? or a is there another way to connect the mt4? best regards
Hi. I'm a Binary Options EA developer, but I can't test them properly in MT4's Strategy Tester because of some problems when closing BO orders. I always get some kind of error like "tester cannot calculate prices". The point here is that I suppose that MT4 is not a BO-oriented tool, and so what I've...
Hi Folks, Last week a position went somewhat wrong and I wanted to stop my EA, but as my EA sits on a VPN, I was not able to stop it. Can someone advise me if there is a way to send an email kill message to EAs? Thanks,  
  Candle Change  (4)
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a push notification  after the current candle closes opposite colour of the previous candle (ie. bull to bear or vice versa). I've searched but cannot find one. Thank you.
Hi, Is it true, that mt4-Comment() cannot show the Wingdings (while it show e.g. the greak letters like: α,β,ø,µ while others like δ ε appear as d e) on the chart in an easy way like: string OK   = WingdingToString(252),        NO   = WingdingToString(251),        Bomb = WingdingToString(77),...
How do you get the PIP's in every ticks? Is there any standard way to calculate the PIP? What do you think of my formula? I used the formula for 5 digit broker:  (close - open) * 10000 /* Example: (1.12555 - 1.12545) * 10000 = 1 PIP */
Hi, I am trying to import a dynamic library coded in C++ in my EA. Only problem is that despite the functions being exported, my EA does not load them properly. The C++ code is as follows: CONSOLEAPPLICATION2_API bool AsciiToUnicode(const char * szAscii, wchar_t * szUnicode) CONSOLEAPPLICATION2_API...
Hi,  I'd like to find a way to download automatically daily historical prices from MT4 to excel. Is it possible to use a DDE formula ?  Thank you ! Cheers  
  tick data in strategy tester  (13   1 2)
Hi, I amnew to this forum and have a couple of questions. I don’t know if this has beenasked before, so sorry for possible duplication. I will have difficulties toname the English expressions for the interface since mine is in German. Maybeyou can help. Besides I use MT4. Thesequestions mainly...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am new to MetaTrader and have been trying to write my first EA. I've done plenty of programming in the past (Java, php, etc) so I have no issues with that aspect, but I've been really stuggling with things like money management, optimising trade entry and exit. Anyway, to cut a long story...
Hi, I wanted to develop an indicator that when RSI is below 30 on H1 interval I can see blue arrows on other intervals - ex. M5, M15, H1, even H4. But I have a problem - on live data it draws correctly - but when I attach my idicator to the window it doesn't show arrows in some places on H1...
[Deleted]
Hi, i have an issue. I add text to my chart and then switch timeframes, come back and the text is gone. How can i make it stay?
  converting ask to a double  (15   1 2)
Hi guys,   so i'm attempting to create code for a Take Profit on a buy trade. code will be a user function to be called upon when order placement happens. The rules are: Take Profit to be set at the closest institutional level 00 , 20 , 50 , 80 as long as it's more than the Stop Loss ie greater than...
Hi,   I am running a simple grid/martingale EA.  However, on trades that are "old", when the price eventually returns to the levels where they should become profitable, ie the take profit price should give a positive amount, the EA produces a large cash loss.  This loss is proportionately bigger the...
I would like to create a lots list if there are consecutive losses. Example: 1 trial - lot 0.01 - Lost. 21 trial - lot 0.02 - Lost. 26 trial - lot 0.03 - Lost 31 trial - Lot 0.07 - Won Then, since the ea won back to the 1 attempt. Remembering that lots do not follow a multiplication order or...
[Deleted]
  Hi guys, how can i fix this?