running cpp.exe standalone on build 616? (was mql.exe?) - page 2

micclly:

I had asked Service Desk, and I'm waiting for the response.

I'll share the response if I get it.

Why asking to Service Desk when I provided the information above. The compiler is now included in MetaEditor, but still available separately.

There is no information available in English as there is not yet an official release.

I think, miccly was simply asking the service desk to find out if the stand alone compiler will be officially available this way, and if so, will this be documented somewhere for others to find easily.

Response from Service Desk:

Support Team 2014.03.11 14:50

Yes, mql.exe will be available only separately.

It was already excluded from the upcoming build.

We will add links for both versions of compilers into userguide.

I have downloaded the MQL.exe and it works fine. Unfortunately, every time I restart the terminal, mql.exe is deleted and I have to replace it again.

Has anyone else seen this?

I have tried locating mql.exe elsewhere but am now having trouble constructing the command line I should use to compile an expert. It seems to fail to find the include files.

Can any one help here?

Maybe because you are using non-branded one. If you download from broker site, should be no problem.

maybe a UAC issue

where is it installed ?

MT4 needs to be installed by user with admin power?

It's not an installation or permissions issue. MT4 is installed.

I use the compiler from the command line so I downloaed the compiler from the link above and put it in my MT4 directory. Every time I start the terminal, the compiler disappears again.

is it just this specific file ? try to put there another file such as xyz.txt and see what happens

dietcoke says the compiler itself gone missing.
Reason: