MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1249

[Deleted]
Hello, what I am trying to do is very similar to: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=217362 7bit explains how to do it here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=3424034&postcount=19 The method he posted is what I've been trying to do, but for some reason it doesn't work. The arrow...
Please, Can anybody explain why some trade are deleted when pending order ie SellLimit and BuyLimit going to be activated. When I checked the account detailed report (attached), it says Not enough money though the money in the account is still there. Apprecite any explaination. Thank you.
  Is this a bug?  (12   1 2)
I have recently developed a custom indicator that counts trading days and plots vertical lines at my prescribed intervals. Works fine within the processed bars, however, as soon as it starts plotting in the future - to the right of the current bar - it adds days?? The code that I use is simply a...
Is there a way to get the profit for just one chart? I would like to find the profit so I cn close all orders just on the one chart Thank You Kalkaska
I am quite new at this, so I plead ignorance. I am starting to work through the demo account. According to instructions in the user guide, under the charts tab, lines of pending or open orders with attendant stop loss or take profit limits can be shown by enabling the "show trade levels" and then...
Hi, Is there any framework/wrapper library for MQL4 to make life easier? I havent really been searching around much, but so far I havent seen any. In case there is no such thing, would anyone be interested to create one? For instance, a piece of framework library code for Bars could be like this:...
  Volumes, volatility and Hearst index  (364   1 2 3 4 5 ... 36 37)
Volumes, as far as I know, are not often used by traders in their TS. Nevertheless, they do occur. This is why the question arose about its appropriateness and, if so, in what capacity they can be used. Especially since a lot has changed in the forex market in the last few years: 5-digit signs
[Deleted]
Hi, I just made a EA which seems to be profitable in backtesting (it opens and closes positions) but when i activated it in my demo account it just don't open any trade however all criteria are met. In the backtest it opens about 6 trades a day, but in my demo it has not opened anything in 2 days....
What is the best way to trade multiple pairs? Ex. I would like to trade like 4 pairs on the same account When running EA, I face problem like error 146, TradeDispatcher is busy. I believe the cause of this is that MT4 is single threading and EA cannot make more than one trade at a time? Correct me...
Hello All, I have a EA based on Laguerre and Moving Averages indicators, among others. In case of wrong signal I use martingale to help the account (with constant steps, incremental steps or Fibonacci steps) From my statistics the probability of a wrong signal is just about 2% (I used 10 pairs to
[Deleted]
Does anyone know of an indicator that charts the change of the previous bar (or several bars) in pips rather than a percentage? I really need this for a strategy I am trading. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Daniel
My system is in MLQ4 on metatrader and trades sweet crude oil futures. It does well in forward testing in the month or so I have run it. It does reasonably well in backtesting in metatrader. But of course the metatrader backtester is extrememly limited. I would like tick data for sweet crude oil...
can we get a price of certain time,such as D'2008.01.21 12:00' / 2010.02.25 10:10? thanks .
[Deleted]
Hello, I wrote an EA. The report gives my the number of trades (n) and the total net profit (p). Fine. Now just for test reasons, I replaced 1 OrderSend command and 1 OrderClose command by 10 OrderSend commands and 10 OrderClose commands. The n should go to 10*n and the p to 10*p, right ? The n does...
hi guys i lil bit mess with a thing. heres the situation. i made a ea which trade with trailing stop 20. when it doesnt trade and enable and when i put a manual trade in same pair then ea put that trailing stop for that manual trade.so can i know how to avoid it ?
Hi, I read my txt-File into and buffer (with the kernel32.dll like here https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1540) . Now I extract to word "tuesday" as the first word in the second line:                Str = StringSubstr(buffer_read,pos_start,pos_end-pos_start);               pos_start =...
New article Analysing Candlestick Patterns is published at mql5.com: Construction of Japanese candlestick chart and analysis of candlestick patterns constitute an amazing area of technical analysis. The advantage of candlesticks is that they represent data in such a manner that you can track the...
  how does the optimizer work?  (12   1 2)
Ok, so i'm now in the "sensitivity study" phase of my development, and i thought i'd use the "optimiser" in the backtest to help me out. Basically i'm checking for optimum operational modes of my EAs, (e.g. multiple orders vs single order, hedging vs not, etc). Instead of running the backtest for...
I have this code for the i-Regr indicator. I would like to integrate it directly into my EA so that I do not have to call iCustom() as it is very slow. It seems simple enough but I cannot figure out how to get last bar's value. Since I only care about the current value and last bar's value I think I...
[Deleted]
If you don't mind, give me a working expert!!!! At least make a small profit. Please!!! I will not stay in debt, with the profits will share!!! Only need to keep in mind that my dealing centre does not allow setting SL and TP when opening an order ... only through modification
[Deleted]
has anyone created a slow stochastic indicator to use whilst trading with Bill Poulos's Forex Profit accelarator program? I can obtain the other settings of %K=8, %D=3 and slowing =3 but I note that the subsequent indicator is not quite the same as a slow oscillator as per VT Trader(which Bill uses)
[Deleted]
the following is the ea code. what i need to do know or do is how do i get my ea to trade from the change of the color on the macd histogram only. also above is a picture of the indicator as you can see there is no signal line i took it out can someone help me fix this ea please thanks....
example:i have an expert based on moving average or any other strategy,& i want to start only if BID touch 1.3405 EUR/USD? thanks
Anyone know the best way to test what is up with my indicator ? The indicator appears to work but for some reason the lines on my chart do not match up with the values for those same lines when i make an EA to use that indicator so i decided to compare the values for those line the EA prints with...
[Deleted]
  Other Forex Data  (2)
Hi, I need to monitor other forex movements. For the time being, I need to monitor USD/IDR; SGD/IDR and EUR/IDR. Is it possible for MT4 to provide these forex data? If not where and how can obtain these data. Thanks
[Deleted]
I am searching for a way how to back test index futures on a longer time period than few months only. I have found two replies to a similar problem someone else had, but the below mentioned history center of MT4 didn't help. My problem is: recently only Dec 2010 Future on GER30 is active and the...
[Deleted]
may i know how to deposit and withdraw? pls tell me how in details?
hi, metatrader seems to automatically delete old log files from .../experts/logs/, leaving only the last five trading days. is it possible to configure it to not delete the old log files? i realise that i could write a script to rename or move the old log files, but it would be easier to just set an
[Deleted]
Hi, a new veresion has been released. All news from forexfactory.com in your Android.
[Deleted]
  Theory of Reflexivity  (12   1 2)
Dear Friends, On the Theory of Reflexivity ( by George Soros ), if there are two subjects ( A and B for instance ), both A and B could influence each other. A could influence what B will do or react based on what A did. B could influence what A will do or react based on what B did. If we apply this...