How can i decrease the needed hours for the Optimization process?

My PC processor is core 2 quad with 16MB L2 chash with 4GB of RAM. meaning that the PC is fast enough to do the testing at fully speed.

So when i run the optimization process & the testing for exprerts,, it needs around 23hours & some times 40 hours .. it is a very long time to wait for each optimization process .

So my question is .. Is there any thing that i can do to use my fully PC speed ? Can i reduce the time in the optimization process ?

Please Help..

Thanks a lot

split the parameter space into 2 equal parts (or 4 or as many as you have CPU cores) and then run as many instances of MT4 as you have cores and let each one test its chunk of the total parameter space.

You will have to make copies of the whole MT4 folder structure since you cannot run multiple instances of terminal.exe from the same folder.

I suggest u optimize your code as much as possible. Some tips on ways to do this in this thread -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/123747. Search for more.

I suggest you try N + M + L optimises rather than N * M * L

For example, if your parameters are HourOfDayToTrade (0 to 23 in 1's), TrailingStopLossPips (5 to 100 in 5's) PercentOfMarginToRisk (1 to 5 in 1's), don't try to optimise them all at once, taking 24 * 20 * 5 = 2400 stages.

First of all, just optimise each one on its own first, using perhaps a mid point value for the others. That takes 24 + 20 + 5 = 49 stages - a lot quicker.

If you like, redo these stages with the best value rather than mid point values

Once you get each of the parameters in the right ball park, then optimise a small subset. Let's say hour 5 & 7 look good, SL of 20, 25 & 40, and Percent of 2 & 3

Now try doing Hour=4 to 8, SL 15 to 45 in 5's, Percent 1 to 4. That's 5 * 7 * 4 = 140. A lot less than 2400.

Thanx a lot you guys for your support

I'll study what you've said & try to do it & i will inform you with the results

Thanks again

Reason: