MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1250

New article Analysing Candlestick Patterns is published at mql5.com: Construction of Japanese candlestick chart and analysis of candlestick patterns constitute an amazing area of technical analysis. The advantage of candlesticks is that they represent data in such a manner that you can track the...
  how does the optimizer work?  (12   1 2)
Ok, so i'm now in the "sensitivity study" phase of my development, and i thought i'd use the "optimiser" in the backtest to help me out. Basically i'm checking for optimum operational modes of my EAs, (e.g. multiple orders vs single order, hedging vs not, etc). Instead of running the backtest for...
I have this code for the i-Regr indicator. I would like to integrate it directly into my EA so that I do not have to call iCustom() as it is very slow. It seems simple enough but I cannot figure out how to get last bar's value. Since I only care about the current value and last bar's value I think I...
[Deleted]
If you don't mind, give me a working expert!!!! At least make a small profit. Please!!! I will not stay in debt, with the profits will share!!! Only need to keep in mind that my dealing centre does not allow setting SL and TP when opening an order ... only through modification
[Deleted]
has anyone created a slow stochastic indicator to use whilst trading with Bill Poulos's Forex Profit accelarator program? I can obtain the other settings of %K=8, %D=3 and slowing =3 but I note that the subsequent indicator is not quite the same as a slow oscillator as per VT Trader(which Bill uses)
[Deleted]
the following is the ea code. what i need to do know or do is how do i get my ea to trade from the change of the color on the macd histogram only. also above is a picture of the indicator as you can see there is no signal line i took it out can someone help me fix this ea please thanks....
example:i have an expert based on moving average or any other strategy,& i want to start only if BID touch 1.3405 EUR/USD? thanks
Anyone know the best way to test what is up with my indicator ? The indicator appears to work but for some reason the lines on my chart do not match up with the values for those same lines when i make an EA to use that indicator so i decided to compare the values for those line the EA prints with...
[Deleted]
  Other Forex Data  (2)
Hi, I need to monitor other forex movements. For the time being, I need to monitor USD/IDR; SGD/IDR and EUR/IDR. Is it possible for MT4 to provide these forex data? If not where and how can obtain these data. Thanks
[Deleted]
I am searching for a way how to back test index futures on a longer time period than few months only. I have found two replies to a similar problem someone else had, but the below mentioned history center of MT4 didn't help. My problem is: recently only Dec 2010 Future on GER30 is active and the...
[Deleted]
may i know how to deposit and withdraw? pls tell me how in details?
hi, metatrader seems to automatically delete old log files from .../experts/logs/, leaving only the last five trading days. is it possible to configure it to not delete the old log files? i realise that i could write a script to rename or move the old log files, but it would be easier to just set an
[Deleted]
Hi, a new veresion has been released. All news from forexfactory.com in your Android.
[Deleted]
  Theory of Reflexivity  (12   1 2)
Dear Friends, On the Theory of Reflexivity ( by George Soros ), if there are two subjects ( A and B for instance ), both A and B could influence each other. A could influence what B will do or react based on what A did. B could influence what A will do or react based on what B did. If we apply this...
[Deleted]
hi i have an ea that opens multiple trades (ticket_111, ticket_121, ticket_131,...), but the problem is that each ticket is opened multiple times, so i need a method to control the number of trades opened. an "if" statement would be the best. something like: if (ticket_111== 0 ) { *open trade
Hello all,I have been trying to figure this one out for some time now but am still stumped. When I open and close trades with my scripts, I get blue and red arrows (with a connecting dotted line) on the charts showing where the trade was opened/closed. I know why that is (because of the color...
Hi, I noticed that it's possible to incorporate Windows DLLs into MT4 (I saw the checkbox in the options menu). Just curious, what are people doing with this feature? I would like to have a second window outside the MT4 sandbox showing various statistical calculations and other data. Could this be
[Deleted]
hello guys, first of all I must say you have a wonderful forum! My question daels with the backtesting mechanism in metatrader4. The smallest timeframe that available for backtesting is m1, but EA's in there nature act every tick... so there is any way that the mt4 tester will run a tics instead of...
MT4 or 5 are considered as "the best", but the only reason is because Tradestation is too expensive... ! ! ! Tradestation is HUNDREDS TIMES more powerful than MT... ! ! ! Besides, Tradestation's " Expert Advisors " can be coded in Easy Language, and then compiled in C # Here, there's not...
Hello, I programmed a custom indicator int start()  {   int    limit;   int    counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();    //---- check for possible errors   if(counted_bars<0) return(-1);   //---- last counted bar will be recounted   if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;   limit=Bars-counted_bars;...
Hi, I have a few questions: 1. FileOpen can only open files in the terminal_directory\experts\files folder Is there any possibility, that I can open files directly from Drive C:\ or D:\ . 2. I want to read-only the same CSV-file with many differents metatrader accounts at the same time. Is this...
Have you ever been frstrated from trying to establish a trading trigger and for some reason, it still seems to break through and place a bad trade? I wanted to take few moments and offer you this little tidbit I have come to develop an understanding about. As I am sure you know, this trading...
[Deleted]
hello every one.. i have this indicator, but don't know to input it to ea.. this is my indicator code: extern int period = 15; extern int method = 1; extern int price = 0; double g_ibuf_88[]; double g_ibuf_92[]; double g_ibuf_96[]; int init() { IndicatorBuffers(3); SetIndexBuffer(0,...
So, i just found some possible issues with the function OrderClose :  I placed an order with this line of code : ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1.6,Ask,10,0,0,DoubleToStr(1.6,5),MAGIC,0,CLR_NONE); Next i closed partially this order : OrderClose(ticket,0.5,Bid,10,CLR_NONE); Firstly, i verified...
Hello, I am searching for an EA which is a trend follower. The EA should detect the last high and low and then start to detect every new high and low. In the case of an up trend: Every new relative low has to be higher than the last low > then the up trend is intact and the stoploss for my running...
[Deleted]
One machine run one EA in multiple currency seems slow. i would like use multiple machine running it. it works? actually i haven't test environment . Thanks xinfang
[Deleted]
Hello, Im running a robot that I develop that gives good results, but im testing it on two PCs, that is two separated PCs with demo accounts, for some reason i dont understand, the trading system will follow the same strategies that i outline working OK, but sometimes the demos on each PC will do...
[Deleted]
I am using NST 5.5, Can I set backtesting and predicting days by myself? The start date was set automatically. I want fixed start date that I set. I cannot find any help about it. Thanks
I am interested in using my EAs in a signal provider situation. I have looked into Rent a Signal, but does anyone else have any suggestions on who I could look into
https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.mt4i.com/users/d03198933/stats if anyone has a forward test please post it. Please don't hesitate to email me if you like what you see, I am willing to sell, trade, and accept investors on my live account. Thanks. Subgenius at inbox dot com