MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1477

[Deleted]
I dove in head long into the forex, promptly to get kicked square in the butt and lost all my money. I was interested in a few things: 1) How long did it take you to pick up the mql4 language and develop your own profitable EA? (How many hours per week do you think you put in and how many weeks...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am looking for an indicator that is based on heiken aishi, parabolic sar, slope direction line, or any other indicator that part of the code refers to open, close, high, low values of the currency pair/candlestick. The idea is to develop an indicator "on a separate window" that allows me...
I would like to use an indicator written by Barry Stander that draws support and resistance lines based on Fractals. howeveer, the lines are very short. I would like them to extend to the right indefinitely. Actually I would prefer to be able to specify the number of bars that lines extend to the...
[Deleted]
Let's say I am looking for the closing price for the EURUSD from 50 bars ago. How would I write that into a script? Thanks,
[Deleted]
I have EUR/USD 5, 15 & 30 minute charts displayed with an EA attached. Can anyone tell me why the words BAD HOURS appear in my 5 and 30 minute charts (not the 15), what it means and whether or not this will have any effact on my EA?
[Deleted]
I need mt4 client API Could you please send me your price list for desktop and server va7@winms.net Thanks
HI,I wrote an Ea which work with volumeMA indicator signals but it didnt work properely i attached it, please Lead me where is the problem .Best Regards
[Deleted]
I want to do something very simple. I want to attach an indicator that I can attach to a single window and examine the currency over multiple time frames. All I want it to do is comment on the currency window with an up green arrow if it is trending up or a red down arrow if it is heading down for...
[Deleted]
I have a small EA program which I need altering. Can anybody help??John
When I run MT4 I have three different "Times" running on my computer. The Broker's time on Market Watch, the time of the Virtual server on which I am running my EA and my computer local time. Terminal shows the time of the Virtual server but I want it to show the Broker time. In the past I have...
  help fineturn EA  (67   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
can some one help me Fine tune a EA please it can do better - all i see it buy and sell in the wrong places
Does anyone know why when you right click with your mouse on a indicator attached to a chart you can open the properties dialog box and for other indicators you have to right click and go to Indicators and then select the indicator that you want to edit?
Hi, i have installed metatrader on vista and also on XP machine. I note that sound alerts, for indicators where they has popup alerts and sould alerts, doesn't work on XP machine whiel it works well on XP machine. On Vista i see only the popup but no sould alert. Is there any workaround to fix this...
[Deleted]
This maybe a stupid question but how do you set the clock on the MT4
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I have this quite simple EA, that after signal is generated and price goes one pip in the favor of the signal opens trade. My problem is that I do not know how to make EA give up on this signal if it can not be filled in the following bar and just wait for another signal. I am using:...
[Deleted]
I have added some index symbols N225, dax and others. They show on the marketwatch list, and I see them as charts when selected, but they are " greyed out" in the market watch window and when I select right click and do new order, they default to somethinf else? When I right click from the charts...
[Deleted]
hi, how can i add nasdaq index and some of shares symbol to MqL4 ? help plzzzzz ?
[Deleted]
  us breakout EA  (4)
hello, can some one help create ea with this simple breakpout strategy: i hAVE ATTACH THE CUSTOM INDICATOR TO HELP UNDERSTOOD WHAT TO DO IN THE PARAMETER IT SHULD HAVE START AND END OF THE BREAKOUT. PLEASE AM NOT A PROGRAMMER,U WILL UNDERSTAND WHEN U RECIEVE THE INDUCATOR.
[Deleted]
Hi! Can anybody help please? If I use in the enclosed Script the loop: while (IsStopped() == false) ...the values iBands and iCCI will not be refreshed. It just works if I use: if (IsStopped() == false But for better performance I want to use the loop with the while-loop. Is there a possibility...
[Deleted]
If I am looking at the hourly chart and I want to assess conditions on two different currency pairs(eurusd and usdchf for example)...can I code a common indicator (MACD for example) to get values from two different currencies within one EA? Is this possible: double H2,H1;//high for eurusd double L2...
[Deleted]
Please help......if I want to assess the hourly chart and determine if trading condition is ok, but want to trade on the 15 min chart. Is there a way (either through global variable or script) to look and find my condition, then set something to "true" or "allowed", then have my EA find that...
Hi, All, I am tring to retrieving the bollinger bands of EURUSD using the following code. I suppose the following code can retrieve the upper and lower bands of the bollinger bands. However when I run the code, the two values return the same. Anyone can help me? double doubleBBUpper =...
Hi! How to automatically open the chart window after the expert has been tested? Thanks in advance
i found its a "NOT a clean uninstall in windows7" it will clean up my personal things ea,indic,etc, but keep de default one and when i used ssa it will run like crazy, it used my cpu, ram greed just like win3.1, when mt4 used my ram they greedy never releast a single K when reopen mt4 the ssa will...
[Deleted]
Hi! I´m a metastock user, and i have a profitable expert advisor (in my country stock market).  But i want to test on forex... But i´m with difficulties to code this =( Metastock formula to buy: Mov(RSI(7),4,S)<RSI(7) AND Mov(RSI(7),4,S)>Ref(Mov(RSI(7),4,S),-1) Translating: If Simple Moving Average...
Hi everyone Can anybody please help me to get Murrey_Math level values in an EA? How can I get the level values ( for example by using iCustom)? Thanks in advance Shawn
Hi, I am new to this MQL4. I am trying to develop an expert advisor. I am trying to display an alert message when some conditions are met and when a new candle stick is started. But the alert message is displaying always. Is there any way an alert message is displayed whenever an new candle stick...
  Questions about MQL4.  (89   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Slawa 08.11.05 17:51 <br / translate="no">. Is it acceptable to use the MessageBox () function in indicators according to MQ4 rules ? no. And GetLastError will return the corresponding error Is it acceptable to use the MessageBox() function in deinit() ? There is a need to tell the user some
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have an already completed ea code, which i want to add Supertrend custom indicator and trailing stop to, but i don't know how to do that, because i don't understand mq4 file programming, please i need someone to assist me . Kindly contact me on my email- willyjan11@yahoo.co.uk, if you...