MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1244

[Deleted]
I want to call MQL function(like iMACD(), iStochastic(), ...) in my C++ DLL. Who can tell me how can I do? Thanks a lot!
  RAM management  (1)
I integrated into my custom indicators several objects/ arrows with the MT create objects function to indicate trends, fine thing... Now, after a while the MT Terminal window shows a larger (and increasing) font size and, for example, the MT sub-windows/menus are getting unclear. This could be an...
Some guys use names of financial instruments in their multi-financial analysis. For example, count MXN index using all pairs of this currency... Imagine that you are working in a brokerage house which does not have names of financial instruments. For example they are just numbered. You may work with
  Previous Bars Calculation  (16   1 2)
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out with a simple calculation that I cannot seem to figure out. I've been using an EA that works really good depending on what the range of the currency pair is. As the range changes, the input parameter needs to change. Currently, I would calculate...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have an EA I made that I am running on about 10 different currencies at once (in a demo account). I am just wondering if there is any special things one should consider when doing such a thing (as opposed to a separate EA on each chart). The reason I ask is that the EA seems to be behaving...
[Deleted]
I have a strategy that in 2010 99% of trades were profitable. Only 1trade was lost this year. (120 trades Profitable vs. 1 trade loss) This strategy is complicated & time consuming to trade manually so Iprogrammed an ea. I need to sell my stradegy to someone serious such as a trading institution...
[Deleted]
  Signals to MT4  (3)
Does anyone know possibility how to make bridge between 2 MT4 platforms so that signal from one platform can be transfered to another. Thank you.
Is there any difference in response latency (trade latency) between using the #include method to get other DLLs functions and writing all in only one code? Thanks
Dear All, I want a help to convert this amibroker afl to metatrader4 formula and after that i want to convert it into EA. SetChartOptions ( 0, chartShowArrows | chartShowDates ); _SECTION_BEGIN ( "Background_Setting" ); SetChartBkGradientFill ( ParamColor ( "BgTop", colorBlack ), ParamColor (
Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can find the source code for the 'Standard Deviation Channel' indicator?
  Moving stops EA  (1)
Hi guys, I’m sure this has been asked and shown 1000s of times but was hoping someone could point me or provide me with an expert advisor that allows my manual trade orders to move stops to BE once they have been executed and hit a certain amount of pips in profit. e.g. i place 3 trades all with...
[Deleted]
Hi can someone crate an indicator which is based on 2 other indicators? I use this strategy and it show very good signals together with fundamental, but I want to create One indicator for more convinence.
  Equity Indicator  (3)
Hello, I want to programm the Equity as an Indicator. I tried it in this way, but it doesn't work int init()  {    SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE);   SetIndexBuffer(0,EquityBuffer);   SetIndexLabel(0,"EquityBuffer");   SetIndexDrawBegin(0,0);               return(0);  }int start()  {   int    limit;...
New article "New Bar" Event Handler is published at mql5.com: MQL5 programming language is capable of solving problems on a brand new level. Even those tasks, that already have such solutions, thanks to object oriented programming can rise to a higher level. In this article we take a specially...
[Deleted]
Hi all, from few months I use strategy which is based on 2 indicators and fundamental news, and I am very happy with it, because it brings me good profit! Now I want to connect this 2 indicators in ONE for more convenience, but I am not programmer and I need help. If somebody is interested I will...
Hi all, I want to be able to draw an object (eg a line) and for my code to be able to readthe parameters of that line and perform operations based on those parameters. (x1,y1, x2,y2)....Is there such a functionality in mq4? Thanks in advance
  playsound()  (2)
Hi, I use the playsound() in some of my indicators. recently I dont hear any sounds anymore, not even for when the alert box appears. even indicators that I download from the internet and that work for other users do not play a sound for me I checked Tools/Options/Events and everything seems ok. Any
Hello everyone. I am having a problem with a DLL I created in Visual Studio 2010 express. It loads and runs fine on my Windows 7 system but won't run on a friends Windows 7 system. The EA logs an error 126. I checked the forum and found advice for others with similar problems. I confirmed the...
I am trying to load a text file I saved with FileWrite() that contains order open times and directions (buy or sell). My intention is to use these variables to replicate all the orders opened by one of my EAs (EA#1) within another EA (EA#2). That way I can see if EA#2 is better at closing EA#1's...
[Deleted]
I have an EA that can execute different branches of trading logic. Each branch is like a separate trading system. I'm testing a new branch of trading logic and only want it to execute in my Demo Account and not accidentally in my Live Account. What's the code look like to check whether I have my EA...
I guess, it should be no problem to have opened the MetaTrader-Terminal twice( same PC/RAM) and to use one Terminal to execute trades on a Demo acc(after acc login) --- and the other one to execute trades on a live acc(after acc login? Is this approach correct or are there any interferences or...
[Deleted]
  No Smiley's  (10)
Hi to All I have been down this route before, and this weekend I want to have it fixed for sure. I have reloaded the MetaTrader4 platform and activated it with new Login, Password. I have checked the Expoert Advisor button and have clicked Tools > Options > Expert Advisors. Checked ... Enabled
[Deleted]
Is there any way to apply a 2 hour time frame to an indicator? I don't need to display the results. I just need the indicator results
  Non-lagging or low-lagging indicators  (75   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Please tell me which indicators do not lag or lag just a little and where to download them. I would be very grateful
Dear All, I want to create an EA which will generate an email and send to the specific ids. Can you please help me with this. Regards, Natesh
Hello Fellas, I am still trying to learn how to program simple indicators to simplify my charts, i have had a few successes but mostly failure, below is an indicator I was developing to display several different indicators i use. I cant get it to work properly... I would much appreciate some...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I wrote an Windows application (.exe) which can be called in your EA to send email (e.g. Gmail) to a list of recipients (specified by an external file) when OPEN/CLOSE/MODIFY activities occur in your EA. Drop me a message to talk more about the features and price. Thanks!...
There is an interesting article from the September 2010 issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities called "Getting Clear with Short-Term Swings" by Ron Black. It describes an indicator that show a change in the trend. The issue provides codes for this indicator for an number of charting...
Hi, I am attempting to write to a file and for some reason the file is never created. I even tried making the file manually, but no information is added. I used the exact code that I found on this forum: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| expert initialization...