MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1256

[Deleted]
Hello, I'd like to observe the difference between Average True Range and High-Low (SMA). Can someone please help me program a small indicator that plots the ATR(period) with (High-Low) SMA (period) on same indicator window with red for ATR and blue for H-L? Similarly, if someone has the code for ATR
Hello! How can I make option of drawing arrow or line? I tried like this but it does draw arrows but not lines. Any idea? extern int Style=1;int init(){   if (Style==2){      SetIndexStyle(2, DRAW_ARROW);// UP      SetIndexArrow(2, 233);      SetIndexBuffer(2, bullish);      SetIndexStyle(3,...
[Deleted]
Hi I need help on how to write MT 4 formula for MS Excel worksheetin multiple time-frames to be able to see what a currency pair has donein the last 12 hours, 24 hours, past week till now and past month till now, in a form ofheat-map represented visually just like it is presented on these...
I need an mq4 script, that acts as a Take Profit set helper... On execution, it should be able to read/find ALL trades in my account, pending & market orders, in ALL currencies/pairs, and then, it should pop-up me a window that would show all orders, in this way: Order # Symbol Type Status...
Hello freinds, I need your help. I have an EA that have to do comparision between the Hour close price of EURUSD and Hour close price of GBPUSD. Unfortunately, the historical data is not so full, and some brokers have broken historical data, so if I will compare the historical data of H1 with...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                           doshur |//|                                                   www.doshur.com |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+#property copyright...
[Deleted]
I know MT4 can export quotes as a DDE server to other programs, is there any way to have MT4 import quotes from other MT4 terminals? Only the current bid and ask prices are relevant, history isn't
Hi, I’m searching for a manual or a guide to understan how to link the MetaTrader platform whit Microsoft Excel, through DDE server. Could you help me? Thank you!
[Deleted]
Hi, I am trying to get bid/ask in MS Excel and using this formula =MT4|BID!GBPUSD but I am getting this message when I open DDE Sample File in Excel "Remote Data not accessible - Start Application MT4.exe". Actually I have two different brokers MT4 in my computer. One is IBFX & another is FXPro. I...
[Deleted]
Hi to all… I’m starting with an idea of a EA… The trading part is all most done, but now I want to put a TIME MANAGEMENT for it to trade only between 9.30 and 17.30 (broker time). Does any one have a script for this??? Regards, Fly
Hi. For I download the full data of currency, I go in Histoty Center Data where I use the Export Button for save all data in .csv file. I can save the same data using the mql4 with the File_Write. I use a loop and save datas. But, for this process, is need many loops, 65000 for example. How I can...
  about slippage  (6)
What is slippage mean,can it be -? just like -3,-5, Or it must be bigger than 0? If Bid=1.0140 the: OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots(),Bid,5,Bid+SL*Point,Bid-TP*Point,tdcomment,magic,0,Red); will be trade from 1.0135 to 1.0145, Or will be trade from 1.0140 to 1.0145? I let slippage=0, but in the...
  OrderCloseBy  (13   1 2)
if(iRSI(NULL,0,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0)>75) { OrderCloseBy(order_id,opposite_id); return(0); } From the book "If two market orders are opened for one symbol simultaneously, one of them being Buy and another one being Sell, they can be closed in one of two ways: you can close them...
[Deleted]
Is anybody able to explain me what is the difference between parameters "ma_shift" and "shift" in iMA(...) function? Its description in documentation is unsufficient to understand for me. Thanks.
New article Several Ways of Finding a Trend in MQL5 is published at mql5.com: Any trader would give a lot for opportunity to accurately detect a trend at any given time. Perhaps, this is the Holy Grail that everyone is looking for. In this article we will consider several ways to detect a trend. To...
Does anybody know how to find and select (in SIMPLE WAY) last closed order in OrdersHistoryTotal()? Any function how to do it can I please?
[Deleted]
when you get information like this Previous session overview The pair Euro against the U.S. dollar traded during the Asia session between the highest level at 1.27670 and the lowest level at 1.27250, while the pair trading now around the level of 1.27366. The pair Sterling against the U.S. dollar...
lets say i have 3 currency pairs eur/usd, usd/jpy and usd/chf and running on them the same EA. how can i close all orders only on 1 chart? i tried with these code, but didnt work out - it still closes all the orders on all charts... anybody can help? void string Symb=Symbol(); if(Total>0)...
[Deleted]
hi guys, I'd like to use the following code as a static variable but it seems like changing at every new tick. I'd like to have the Opened position's price as a static number. any thoughts about this issuse? many thanks in advance! while(Total==0) { if (x==1) { OrderSend(Symbol(),...
  USDCAD, AUDUSD - this way  (74   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
The Canadian, unlike "super-majors" like Eurobucks or Cable, is not in a clear correction. If you look at the H4, it looks like a diagonal 3-3-3-3-3 up, in which the Canadian is close to (or has already started) the fifth wave. Here's the drawing: The horizontal lines are my sells. They are not to
[Deleted]
  To write to file  (4)
I need help to write second etc. lines of values. Just what to be added to the code? Thanks a lot.   int TotalBars;    int Handle;    string Val;    if(TotalBars<Bars)      Handle= FileOpen("E.txt",FILE_READ | FILE_WRITE,';');      if(Handle>0)      {        FileWrite(Handle,"  High","   Low"...
[Deleted]
Thank you to all who can offer advice. I am considering buying an HP Tablet which operates the Microsoft XP Tablet version of Windows. Note - TABLET ver., NOT pc. Does anyone know if MT4 Mobile will run on this Operating System? Thank you again.
When you set TP and SL, say for a buy order, should it be Bid +/- TP/SL, Ask +/-, or Bid-SL Ask+TP? I know this seems very basic and to some of you it may seem obvious, but i'm not really a trader.
Ok, so after developing what i think might be a somewhat useful EA and getting acceptable backtest results, I'm ready for forward testing with a demo account. There is only one problem, the EA is not trading at all, even when conditions are met where it should trade. I'm using vista home premium x64...
Hello! This code works ok. Order has no TP and no SL it closes when adxplus and adxminus cross. extern bool Close_at_ADX_change=true;if(adx>ADX_more_than && adxplus<adxminus && Close_at_ADX_change ){                    ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,3,0,0, "EA",MagicNumber,0,Red);} But...
[Deleted]
Hi, logging output to a file using simple FileWrite. I works well in real mode. However it does not work in backtesting mode :-( Has anyone any idea. Any help would be appreciated. My code: fh = FileOpen("mydata.csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE); if (fh<0) { Alert("File opening failed:...
Please give me code for how to calculate total open orders
[Deleted]
please can some one help me put an alert on this indicator.it helps place stop loss and it has performed with my strategy.
[Deleted]
Hi guys, Before saying everything, please note that I'm not an experienced EA program designer however I've got some other experiences. I've written an EA recently which does not seem to work properly. The problem is that it does not change variables however I wrote the change statements in the code...
[Deleted]
From what I gathered so far, most of you are expert advisor designers seeking to build the most efficient EA so that you can sell the EA to the general public. In reality, however, that does not make much sense because, if your EA were to work so well, you would not care about trying to make a