MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1243

BarsSince ???  (3)
Hi. I am very new to MQL4, so I don't have much experience programing with this language. I am used to Metastock EA language, wich is far different from MQL4. So I would like to know if there is a way to express a function similar to Metastock function "BarsSince(EventXX)". In other words, I need a...
[Deleted]
  scripts for MT4  (1)
Hello perhaps somebody could help me on the following: I am trading demos on the Forex at the moment and will resume live trading eventually, soon I hope. I am used to the MT4 platform and would prefer to keep using it for live trading. I would need to open several entries at once and I know this...
update: it seems impossible to upload a screenshot, I tried a png and jpg version but no luck There has been a critical error Time : 2010.10.15 13:24 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 226, 24 Mar 2009) OS : Windows 2000 Professional 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195) Processors : 2 x X86...
I've just tried to run the terminal, which is usually running night and day, and my firewall presented this alert. Any help or suggestion? Should I worry? Thanks.
Hi everybody Every time that I need to find a value for an array [] I have been using buffers, even if I don´t need to plot a line. That´s a big problem, once there are a limited number of buffers to be used. When I try to replace it for a common array the indicator does no work Anyone knows how...
I have an ea that sometimes works fine and sometimes gets affected by "old tick". I have heard that using refresh rates can help with this. Is this correct and if so where in the code do i put the refreshrates???
[Deleted]
  Backtest data  (1)
Hi Can anyone recommend some good/reliable historic Forex rates for downloading / importing to MT4 historic center directly(data format is accepted by MT4).It doesn't matter it is a free source or pay one. I realised the data available for downloading by MetaQuotes got some issues, it has missing
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, I'd need some help from you if possible... The basic theory that I'd like to backtest is the following: two EMAs, 9 and 20. A simple cross strategy but applying some tricky MM: stoploss = 10, TP1 = 5, getting out with 1/3 of the opened amount; TP2 = 15, another third of the money;...
[Deleted]
  MQL4 and XML  (9)
Hello everyone. I need to make a mql4 script, that can take indicators from an XML script. The script is updated once a day, through a Excel file that is parsed to XML. I will make the XML and other systems myself, but I don't really know too much about MT4, or MQL4. Therefore i'm actually looking
[Deleted]
Hi, any suggestions to get solid backtest data for forex markets (for metatrader 4) ? Free would be best (of course ;-) but important would be that the data is at least on 15 minutes intervalls right, Any ideas, experiences would be very much appreciated!
[Deleted]
can anyody tell me the procedure to extract the data from mt4 to amibroker & metastocks.......there was a procedure generate online but using that close the terminal constantly & difficult to get the data then............any known person pls help
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I’m new in MQL and in Forex topics, but i have a lot of experience en Visual Studio , i just want to know how do a tool to make notifications, maybe send a simple mail or msg to my phone, when my order in on S/L or in T/P, would someone can help me about this issue? Thanks Carlos Masaya
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I get error 138 will examine my code, trying to place an order execute my code on the strategy tester with data about the last 2 days, I wrote to log the parameters and that what I get : OrderSend Function failed with error # 138 Error Description : requote OrderSend Function...
[Deleted]
How can I include any scrip, say "USDINR" (from the Tools-History Center-Forex Crosses-USDINR) in the market watch window? Ive tried downloading but all it does not display the scrip on the "market watch" window afterwards. Am i skipping some step?
[Deleted]
hi i am new to all this and was wondering if anyone is able to help or advise, basically i am running an EA called the mastermind 3, which seems to work quite well but it always buys volume of 5, which is a bit rich for my taste, ive tried to modify in the script changing lot from 5 to 0.1 but to no...
  Typical Price  (2)
Hi all, Typical Price is another approximation of average price for each period and can be used as a filter for moving average systems. Calculated as: (High + Low + Close) / 3 Intel is shown with EMA 21-day exponential moving average (MA) and Typical PriceTypical Price (TP), used as a filter....
I have access to a indicator that writes to the chart in a known label. How do I read that information in? Is it as simple as: string myVar = LabelName; very generic I know, I am just not accustomed to collecting the indicator data via text labels. In the above, I assume, the name of the label in...
I have my specifications ready, but I need help with the EA architecture. Which functions first?, how the logic and relationships between several functions will operate? How to use other functions such security and print out? Thanks, Bob
[Deleted]
Hi all... I have a dream for my EA - to be able to automatically read the news from the ForexFactory site and to prevent my EA from trading during times when there are news items that will affect the currency pair that my EA is trading. Could it be that maybe such a thing (a module or function?)...
  atc2010 stats  (5)
This is updated on an irregular basis. Provides an overall summary, which the Contest site does not. http://www.phytrade.com/metaquotes-trading-contest-2010
Hi all. I want to construct a indicator that makes my chart to do the refresh event ("as if I had pressed the refresh button in the metatrader"). what I pretend is to update the hst file with new quotes and then I want my chart to automatically refresh after I update the hst file. I have already...
Hello I'm trying to use an object of type OBJ_CHANNEL in my EA. Can you please tell me what the 3 coordinates are that I must specify? The documentation just says this: OBJ_CHANNEL: Channel. Uses 3 coordinates. Well, that's nice but what exactly are the 3 coordinates? Yes I know that each coordinate...
I need an expert advisor to move my stop loss to breakeven after certain number ofx pips profits has been secured. I need th ea to be able to do this to multipul trades i place on pending order. Any Ideas? Thanks
Hi all. I have another small problem that i cannot figure. If i log on at any time during the day and need to analysie the bars since the start of the day's session, how can i do that? For example if i logged in at 12.20 in the after noon and want to know and analyse the bars since the morning start...
I want my dll to be able to connect to a database and read and write to the database. Any help would be great Thanks
i mean in future are you going to remove mt4 from trading? and when you do this i need mt4 plateform for many years because i cannot convert my mt4 indicators into mt5 and my mt4 indicators not works in mt5. so tell me what is the solution and how long you will keep mt4 for trading ? reply me
does this script exists ? send email each time a new position is open (for all pairs and EA) to use on a VPS account with several EA thanks in advance