MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1243

[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I have been trying to run the back test using EA like "DoubleUP2", "e-Gegr", "earlyTopProrate", and many other good EA listed here on MQL4. Everything is good apart from one problem. After the test, I click on "Results" tab. Here, I only see 4 to 20 results only. As a consequence
Hi guys, I've been trying to code an EA that moves the Stop to BE + 1 after price moves a certain amount of pips/ticks into profit, but I have been unable to get it to work. I searched through the forum and found similar examples of trailing stops and moving stops, but was unable to get them to work
I hope someone can help me. I want to call a custom indicator (the one who is attached to this topic). What I ultimately want to do is to generate a signal when i.e. buffer 2 is crossing buffer 4. I am now trying to figure out if I can call this custom indicator or that I have to implement the...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm new in working with mql. I got some spezial indicator's for trading. The indicator programming is not visible but I know how to use. Now I want to program a EA arround, but if I use the indicator, I get for 2 lines of the total 5 different values as in the chart window shown. The...
[Deleted]
I need help please concerning in drawing Highest & Lowest of an ExtMapBuffer=iMAOnArray(ExtMapBuffer,0,SignalPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,j); Thank you
[Deleted]
My question is as title. Anyone who share me price/quotation information as well as all available options around that? Thank you very much!
  MT4 PROGRAMMING  (67   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Hi guys!!! who knows the answer!!! how to remove the line - demo account , from the terminal!!! it appears when you go to your demo at the top of the line
[Deleted]
I'm looking for a 10/30 day Simple Moving Average cross to automatically buy and sell after the cross on the next time bar open. Has anyone written something similar or is there anyone that can write one for me? Just let me know what you charge for this service. Thanks so much
[Deleted]
Hi there, I'm working in one of Forex companies in the world :-) Currently our FX system is using Flex as top UI level that provides functionality for end-users for making transactions including placing/executing orders, querying rate history etc. In other words, users can do everything via Flex...
[Deleted]
How can I send an alert from an indicator, but NOT spam tons of alerts every time it is processed? I want to send 1 alert per bar if appropriate to that bar, and not send any alerts for historical data when loading the indicator. I'd also like to make the arrow symbols displayed to the chart larger...
[Deleted]
Hello @ All, I received the following indicator from a internet friend and its make very good signals. its signals are: Short and ExtitSchort just as Buy and ExitLong Unfortunately, I can not read these signals per iCustom() and I don't have its source-code. Is it possibly to be read these signals
Hello, I'm a novice at trading with MT4 and it's Expert Advisors. I downloaded several EA's and installed them. One of them gives really nice results on the Eur/Usd M5 chart (when backtracked in the tester). On the M15 chart however the results aren't that good. When i turn the EA on, the EA apperas...
  Stochastic resonance  (377   1 2 3 4 5 ... 37 38)
Interesting article http://elementy.ru/lib/164581 In a nutshell with a quote In 1981, two groups of physicists - one in Rome led by R. Benzi, the other in Brussels, led by C. Nicolis - independently of each other - proposed to focus on the general features of the behaviour of the climate under the
Is there a way to initialize a whole string array to x without doing myarray[100,10]={"x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x","x", .....etc etc }; I dont really want to have a huge line of code so i tried myarray[100,10]={"x"}; but then it only initializes...
[Deleted]
Has anyone seen this before. I have just 5 objects drawn on a chart 4 Text objects and 1 vertical line. When I try to use the following: int    obj_total=ObjectsTotal();  string name;  for(int i=0;i<obj_total;i++)    {     name=ObjectName(i);     ObjectDelete(name);    } The last two text objects...
[Deleted]
I am wondering how to get the high of the previous week for NY trading hours (i.e. close Fri 1PM). I am also a little confused if it is possible to write a program that, for example, looks at last weeks high/low and compares to todays open (not current tick). This is just one part of the algo, but I...
[Deleted]
  Order sent  (6)
When MT4 sent request to broker to open a position is there a code to pinpoint exact time ( using indicator ) when the request was sent? Thank you
[Deleted]
Dumb question I know, but I can't find a hard answer. Is it possible to run you EA even with your computer off, like using a proxy server or some other way??
Hi all, I am looking for a way (function) to get the equity in a selected (EA choice) currency or in the current trading base currency. i.e. if my equity is $10,000 while trading EURUSD, I need to know it in Yens when trading the AUDJPY Thanks, James
I would like to know where I am doing a mistake in this formula, I couldn't find it. It is only showing the first buffer - Impulse[]. .Thanks. Rodrigosm #property copyright "Copyright © 2010, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"#property...
hi, I programmed some custom indcators. Since my indicator lines are partially covered by the information in the upper row of the cust.ind.window, I'm wondering how to hide the custom indicator name, the values etc. which are displayed, so that there is a window with the cust. indicator line and...
Hi, I'm trying to call an external function and I need to know about the current directory. The directory from MetaTrader installation. Is there a function to get it? Thanks.
I have been curious about this subject, and I'm interested in hearing some educated opinions on the matter: Curve fitting is the major pitfall of optimization - anyone who has tried to move on to forward-testing knows this. The way I try to avoid curve fitting is by optimizing on one length of time
Hello, I'm a novice with MT4 and have a question. Last night i installed an EA (100pips). This EA started very enthousiastic and opened about 160!! trades which were closed during the night. It resulted in a los of about 40 pips. Overnight it opened about 140 trades. Current loss is - 100 pips (not...
Hi all!!! I wonder can i make back test of different custom indicators and can somebody explain how to do that?
I'm using an InterBank FX demo account and I can't execute an ordersend command when setting the stop and limit. I have verified that the stop and limit values were correct. Also, I have to confirm the ordermodify command. Am I doing something wrong? I want to automate my trading strategy. Thanks in...
[Deleted]
  MQL get web page  (1)
I want to send some data to a web page from a custom indicator. I don't need a post request, a get will be enough, so I would just need to get a web page. Is it possible? I searched through the docs, and I only found something about ftp, and in the forum I found something about a http post request...
[Deleted]
Sorry for the vague title, this is more about tools than a specific question Previously, I imported stats into an Oracle DB, and could do what I wanted by querying the database and etc. Now, I want to do the same modeling in mql, but I am running into a conceptual problem It seems that everything is...
[Deleted]
  error ordersend  (3)
hi i miss one future order where the error is 0 no error s1ticket is not executed ! why ? void StartOrders() { if ( DayOfWeek() == day_ && Hour()== hour_ && Minute() == minute_ ) { Ask_price_zero = Ask; Bid_price_zero = Bid; double Ask_Norm=NormalizeDouble(Ask...
Is the market closed today