Download MetaTrader 5

General - page 851

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello, it is possible to code indicator that will act as host for other indicators?, i mean i want to code some kind of indicator that will measure diff indicators according to the idea i have, i want to just throw the code of the indicator into the "host" and it will give me the the results when...
Hi, I would like to ask is it possible to make an expert advisor that will run other expert advisors under certain conditions, (without needing to copy their source contents into the new expert advisor) such as if condition1 then run expert X if condition2 then run expert Y Thanks for your time and...
  Wth do ppl sell EAs (65   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
why do these ppl with so called profitable EA selling them? If they are so profitable, why aren't they millionaires with it? Why the hell would I tell you about my system that is so good and profitable? No one single EA is going to make money forever. This is quite hard. When we buy an EA, theres no...
Is this a bug in the profile page? When i try to upload a picture it says please wait... and it stays there for hours! http://championship.mql4.com/2007/en/users/edit/Carllos
Hi All, Does any one know where I can find a Full Stockastic indicator. Thanks
Can someone help me to put this MACD Indicator please. This is the SET UP Short MA price : Close Short MA Period: 3 (Style_Line) Short MA Type: Simple Long MA Price: Close Long MA Period: 26 (Blank) Long MA Type: Exponential Signal MA Periods: 3 (Style_Line) Signal MA Type: Simple Signal MA...
hi .. ATC EA apply only 1 chart, per rule state. but is alllowable EA act on different many currencie pares? exampil: EA applied to eurusd chart, but also trade gbpusd, usdjpy, audusd, etc ... thank you.
When I try to upload EA to my ATC 2007 profile, I get message that "The file name may only include latin letters, numbers, hyphen (-) , dot (.) or underlined (_) characters". Here is my upload path with EA name. C:\Program Files\MetaTrader-MG\experts\Bogie-ATC2007-1.ex4 I read in the Russian forum...
I have a question Will 3 installs of Metatrader work on a windows VPS with 416MB RAM? (No other applications will be working on the server) Thanks Adam
When two instances of our expert advisor are running at the same time we sometimes encounter an issue with one of them not opening a second order with the correct T/P and S/L. Here's what happens the first instance of the EA is attached to a EUR/USD H4 chart and the EA's magic number is set to...
AMMA's formula is: AMMA = ((AMMA.Period-1)*AMMA + Close)/AMMA.Period;A 25-day Average Modified Moving Average is employed as a filter. This was defined by Maxwell in "Commodity Futures Trading with Moving Averages." AMMA is multiplied by 24, then today's close is added and the sum divided by 25.
Hi. I am trying to build an array in my EA, and I want to build it using variables. For example: int var1=1,var2=2,var3=3; int array[2] = {var1,var2,var3}; I believe that MQL4 starts its arrays with array[0], so it needs to be array[2] to define an array that has 3 values. The above example...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Alexander Pozdnishev (AlexSilver) (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/213) has been published. Alexander Pozdnishev better known as AlexSilver has large experience in working on financial markets. He fully participates...
Does anyone know of an EA that will move the stop after each candle formation ? I would like to have my stop moved to the low of the previous candle in a short position and to the high of the previous candle in a long position.
Hi, can someone tell me how many bars (or levels) does the attached indicator repaint?
Hi I search the code to receive each day by email the statement thank you erik
Dear Sirs, I would like to do the following>> I have a script made in Metatrader,, and I would like this automated forex system To be traded in TWS Interactive brokers. In other words,, when my script make a signal,, that automatically places the Order in the TWS ? Many thanks for your...
1. When using the Visual Mode in the Strategy Tester and playback speed set at max, my EA actual playback speed is very slow. Please advise what EA functions or programming techniques that are known that may have significant effect on playback speed. 2. During playback in Visual Mode, I can click...
hi i need this indicators but the bar not change thank you
  Narrow Range Day Indicator (34   1 2 3 4)
Can anybody here create an indicator that will identify a day with the narrowest range out of the last 4 or 7 days? This is used by a lot of pro traders and hedge fund guys who like to trade breakouts of these days' ranges. If you do it I will be happy to share what I've learned about them so far,...
How to close orders at defined time/hour(Every Friday at 22:00) indipendantly from EA strategy and prevent open orders till Monday 00:00 ? I use Metaquotes Moving Average Sample EA as base EA so if somebody can help please add code to this EA. Thank you in advance...
It is not clear to me if an EA can take signals on a timeframe in wich is not installed. Lets say i choose EA to be placed at 1H TF, but EA codding will take signals from 1H and 4H bars in same pair. Is this possible or is it against rules? Carllos
My ea changes the envelope ma of the indicator and the deviation of the envelope indicator for calculation purposes. Is there a way for the ea to adjust the indicator settings on the graph automatically versus me having to manually change the settings to match the changes in the ea???? Dave
I need the code for the stock moving average that comes with the trade platform - Can anyone provide this?? Dave
Hi All I would like to sugest a couple of coding practises which may change the professionalism of the EAs being delivered. There are many good reasons for doing this, but the main one being that the people who may be able to make the best improvements to the EAs and therefore make them more...
Hello, I upgraded my RAM from 512MB to 1GB, but the time to comeplete a backtest did not change. Should the time to complete a backtest change due to upgrading RAM? Or, do I have to change some windows settings to speed up time taken to complete a backtest? Thanks in advance. Kind regards Rod
  Need Help To Edit This Great EA (83   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Hi, I know there are a lot of EA's master here. My EA cannot run the Trailing Stop, if, Trailing Stop > Breakeven..? Somebody help me please, to activate the Trailing Stop eventhough Trailing Stop is bigger than Breakeven.... Thx a lot. NB: This EA got it's best on GBPUSD, H1.
  Beginner (5)
Hello everyone, I am very new to this and very interested. I have a friend at work who has been trading a little for the past year.I have got some insight from him.I have been reading up on all this for about 4 months. I was wanting to know what would be your guys top advice at what I really need...
  Sharing method of trading (13   1 2)
Hi all, Im going to share my method of trading Here goes First i place my moving average indicators on my gbpusd chart Then i see if the daily chart is downtrend or up trend in this case its downtrend Then i goto my 4hr chart and only trade when the 4 hr chart is in a down trend as well the way i...
Hello. I am looking for someone with experience writing programs to do strategy testing of EAs outside of metatrader, and I figured that the best way to find them would be to find the authors of any programs that can do strategy testing outside of metatrader. So, has anyone seen a program that can...