General - page 314

Hi all, I've been back testing strategies in MT4 using IG for a while now. I wanted to try MT5 to get better insights on my EA's, and noticed a huge difference in results. I came to the conclusion that every MT5 Demo I've tried (2 different brokers in UK GMT+2 and also mql5.com download) are NOT
Hi, I am writing a Martingale EA specification to be posted on the freelance section and I am stuck on the take profit parameter. I used a lot of EA in the past with the take profit in points specified by the user, if you used martingale/grid systems, you should be comfortable on how do they work. I
  VPS
its really annoying now that i have cancel my subscrition of vps remaining minutes are consider has free hosting and i can only load 16 charts instead of 32 but i have full paid for one year can i do something about this
  Minimum Trailing Stop?  (16   1 2)
Hello all, Since MT only accepts a manual trailing stop of 15, if I code a TS in an EA for less than 15 will it be accepted? Thanks.
I find that I am having a hard time getting the info box of a specified candle to show up consistently. The info box contains things like the candles high, low, open, low and time. Sometimes it shows up, most times it does not, what is the trick to get it to work all of the time. Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Hi Can I top up my account using Visa Virtual Gift Card
[Deleted]
I've been trying to install an indicator I purchased from the market place on MT4. The indicator shows up on purchases but when I click install, I login, then it does not install. When I go to terminal I get an error that says "MQL5 Community Authorization failed". Anyway to fix this, step by step
  missing currency pair  (11   1 2)
i have meta trader 5 installed i am new to the software. I cant find the currency pair NZDJPY i've tried to search for it and nothing shows. i'm also trying to view the oil chart as i have an indicator i want to use for these charts is it possible to get these charts on mt5?
Hello, I would like to be able to identify a trend via the ichimoku cloud SSA and SSb and I cannot. I don't have an error in my code but I don't have a visual alert on my board. I have the impression that this part of the code is where there is a problem. Can you explain to me how to do this or why
CTrendInf *td= new CTrendInf; CTrendInf td= new CTrendInf; what the different
I have made an EA that uses 28 currency and M1 timeframe. Is there any script or way to download all 28 currency pairs data for atleast 3 years. I am avoiding manual work
  reporting bugs  (8)
Hi metaquotes, i have reported some bugs i've encountered, however there is no reaction on those reports? They are filed in my profile under Service Desk.
  ZigZags, waves, trends.  (624   1 2 3 4 5 ... 62 63)
I have touched upon the subject of zigzags, and this is inextricably linked to waves and trends, so I decided to start a separate thread. Let it all be in one. Especially since many people are interested in this, I think we will have a constructive conversation
int file_handle = FileOpen (InpFileName, FILE_READ | FILE_WRITE | FILE_CSV ); datetime curr = TimeCurrent (); if (file_handle!= INVALID_HANDLE ){ if (curr >= 0 ){ FileWrite (file_handle,curr,spread,Ask,Bid,ask_bid_diff);
Hello. I rent VPS from MQL5. I now want to switch to another broker. How do I do it so that my VPS also works at my new broker. I'm going to keep using MT4
  About the MT5 code profiler  (70   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I have started to use a new profiler. In this section we could centralise information on how to use it properly. To start with I have some questions about strange things about the data returned by the profiler . The profiling report that is used in an EA running on historical data: 2021.07.08
The topic of trailing stops comes up on occasion in my Virtual Trading Room. They can often cause some confusion, so let’s take a bit of time to clarify what constitutes a trailing stop and how you can use it in futures trading. Trailing stops are actually stop loss orders that you move according...
Hi guys, Really basic question... How do I activate the algorithm to run. I have it now in MQL 4, but I dont see it under expert advisors in my MT4 pane... What to do
Why can't I set the minimum trailing stop to less than 50 points? I'm using a demo account with $1000.
Hello everyone , I have a small question I would like to know if we can put several EAs on a virtual server. Example: I have my signal which is on a virtual server and can I add a subscription to a signal with the same subscription ?? or you need one share per subscription thank you
considering the rapid move of gold. what indicator could be the best in trading it? give your opinion
I am using a zigzag indicator, but I want to know how it construct zigzag or can you explain me the setting which i share in file. I don't know how it work in indicator. Please help me
  ZigZag Seperate  (3)
Good Day Can anyone please give me advise on using the ZigZig Separate Indicator
Hello, is there any more information on how to use the CArrayDouble for example or is the exampe given in the CArrayObj https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/datastructures/carrayobj the only explaination on the topic? I am not getting it. If I declare an object of CArrayDouble CArrayDouble
I have this function that checks the closest open sales order. My current need is to search for the closest sell order that the order has already been opened and closed ( same day). double novaVendaValor = 0 ; for ( int i = PositionsTotal ()- 1 ; i>= 0 ; i--) { if (
Hello. I have two trading accounts. I use one of them as a signal provider in MQL5. Is it possible for me to be a subscriber to myself? So, I could link my other account to the signal provider account. Or, if there is a better solution, please do not hesitate to share with me
Hi everybody. Each time that I have an array out of bounds error in some MQL5 program while debugging with variable observation, Debugger won't react. Then I can only close it and usually the EA/Indi that I was testing has to be reopened. Asides from that the variables that I picked for observation
Someone help me if you have available the mentioned EA. Thanks, ---
Hyy guys...i need help please. The "Newpositionprofit" in the code there doesnt seem to update itself. The programm just stops at ... if (Newpositionprofit>= 0 ) it doesnt do nothing anymore, it doesnt even call the ontick function anymore. please how do i solve this?? if (tradecount== 1 &&
  Issue with withdrawing funds  (19   1 2)
1.How long time perform additional verification of My account? 2.How long do I have to wait? Why do I get this message when I already sent documentations and verified my identity months ago? And how long will this process take? And in the past, I was able to withdraw money. Do you help me please