Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 381

Manual or EA trading is better? After 5 years I have a conclusion that trading by manual is more effective than by EA. How about your opinions?
Hi guys I seem to be getting init failed when I try this code could someone help me?? thanks alot. int OnInit(void)  {//--- Initializing expert if(!ExtExpert.Init(Symbol(),LowerTime,Expert_EveryTick,Expert_MagicNumber))     { //--- failed...
Hi there, I am not very tech savvy, however I need to know how to get an EX4 and MQ4 file into the mt4 Indicators folder, as I can't seem to find it. It used to be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators" This no longer exists as a viable path. HELP PLEASE
dear trader expert, i have ea for trading forex but this ea dont strong time and i want share for help my ea. Files:zelantra_scalping_base.mq4 2 kb zelantra_scalping_base.ex4 5 kb
Dear all, I need help to code an ea that checks the same conditions to open and close trades on as many symbols as it can from the symbols that the broker is dealing in, without opening their charts. any help on a code that returns " Symbol" and adds it tho the Ordersend.it is a try to run the ea
Is it possible to code my EA to send me a copy of the log to my email address at specified intervals? I see there's a SendMail function but not sure how to get information from the log into it.
[Deleted]
My signal generator used for example in principle 0.20 lot. In my account but only 0.01 to run. How can I change this in my account. I want to always use the same lot size as my signal transmitter. Thanks for your tip. Thomas
  VPS FEATURES  (3)
Hi, Could you please give me idea of needed VPS features for the following requirements; Run 5 different MT4 platform at same time Each will have a signal and an EA Will work for only MT4 platforms and their signals and EAs. Will not run any other thing. What kind of VPS should I rent? Thanks for...
Hello, How can I add some signals to favorite so I can check them out later? thanks!!
Hi guys, I'm testing some EAs on strategy tester with stock data and I noticed that whenever the EA buys, it closes the deal at a price 1 cent above the open price of the bar, as I'm running it on open prices only. This does not happen when it sells, as the price of the deal is exactly the open...
Hey all i have been trying to find a trailing stop ea for mt5 that moves my stop instantly say i have 20 pip stop 20 pip target when i move up 1 pip in profit my stop moves up 1 pip so my stop is always 20 pips away from the current price. i have the correct ea for mt4 i have tried to convert...
There is something very important to remember when trading using signals. For those not familiar with how this works, you "subscribe" to follow someone else's trades, sometimes there is a fee for this, sometimes not. Anyway, back to the purpose for this thread. Despite what people may think, while
I keep getting the below errors during execution of my EA code. Been digging around but can't seem to find figure this one out. Thoughts? 2015.07.06 11:28:41.941 2015.03.27 22:14:59 SellPositionOpen(): OrderCheck(): Invalid request stops 2015.07.06 11:28:41.941 2015.03.27 22:14:59...
i need to read values in a open excel worksheet... can you help me? thanks
How to improve the test speed in mt4?
  Martingale and anti-martingale.  (94   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
Good afternoon fellow traders! I will give my thoughts on the martingale system. But first, let's go over the history. They write that there was a Sir or Mr. Martin and he was playing roulette and after each loss he doubled his bet until he won. But nowadays this system is used in forex trading. I
Hi, I could use some advice: When using an EA trading panel on chart (I tried 3) I'm not able to click any buttons on that panel. All I get is the sideway-arrow from MT4 (<->), so it looks like it is "clicking-through" and MT4 doesnt recognise the panel. This only goes for the buttons on that panel
Dear All, MQL4 has function to check MT4 account number with this command int AccountNumber(); it will return MT4 account number Sometimes specified MT4 account number was registered under specified Introducer Broker (IB) Code My question: Is there any function for checking the Introducer...
  convert  (4)
can any one please convert to EA it is very helpful to earn good profit &nbsp;
Dear fellow traders, Two questions about what soft/hardware you are using for back/forward-testing.  1) In the process of purchasing a new computer but not sure just what I should look for in terms of CPU,RAM and diskspace etc? I plan to use the computer for backtesting and also be testing...
  Add Reverse trade  (15   1 2)
hello can any one please add reverse trade option in the inputs //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| TrueScalperProfitLock.mq4 | //| Copyright © 2005, International Federation of Red Cross. | //|
Here: http://docs.mql4.com/files/fileisexist There are the instruction to handle files (down/up, read-writhe ...) I'm trying to code this to check if a file exists in web folder... Any idea how to do that? Regards
Bom dia! Uso o MT5. Quando estou usando o "Strategy Tester" para algumas datas e/ou ativos que coloco, após clicar no "Start" , recebo no "Message" a seguinte mensagem: "erro ao copiar o time da barra: 4301". Ela ocorre sempre que o meu EA tenta ler as novas barras do ativo. Alguém sabe o motivo...
  metatrader4 VPS  (2)
Is there anyone using Mt4 VPS service at the moment?  How's the service ? Is it good for hosting on mt4 VPS? *Seek for advice. :D 
I'm looking for some EA developers I can hire from time to time when I need some work done. If your English is good and you have good feedback on here please add me on Skype Dave9021021
On two separate accounts when using a specific EA I purchased my charts will update themselves after I enter a trade. The chart will go black and it will say Chart Updating. This process only last 1-2 seconds and the chart goes back to normal. Since I'm in a trade when this happens will the EA not...
Hi, Yet trying to ease the optimization process of an EA, I'm wondering how to exclude sub-param if the main param is turned to on - in a way to win time. Example : UseMA= falseMAPeriod = 15 &lt;-- don't want the optimizer to try all the period possible if UseMA is turned to false Any help...
Hi, 1.) Is it possible to add a time/date limitation to an EA? For example "available till 2015.07.30" after that date, it will not be able to use. Or something like that. 2.) Is it possible to add an account number limitation to an EA?(or something like that) For example, I'll compile the EA and...
Hello guys, Someone knows a way to authenticate an user access to use an EA through a simple file (TXT or CSV) in a web folder without DLL or mysql?I was using this simple code:extern string name = "August";extern string email = "august@email.com";extern string acc_n = "123456";...int start() { if...
Hello, Could anyone confirm if book events are or are not handled by the OnBookEvent() method when executing EA in the Strategy Tester? My personal experience is that the method is never called in test mode. Thank you, Fábio